Repatha and Tongue ulceration - a phase IV clinical study of FDA data
Tongue ulceration is found among people who take Repatha, especially for people who are male, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month.
The phase IV clinical study analyzes which people take Repatha and have Tongue ulceration. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 112,588 people who have side effects when taking Repatha from the FDA, and is updated regularly. You can use the study as a second opinion to make health care decisions.
Phase IV trials are used to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor drug effectiveness in the real world. With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe is running millions of phase IV trials and makes the results available to the public. Our original studies have been referenced on 600+ medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature.
112,588 people reported to have side effects when taking Repatha.
Among them, 8 people (0.01%) have Tongue ulceration.
What is Repatha?
Repatha has active ingredients of evolocumab. It is often used in high blood cholesterol. eHealthMe is studying from 100,241 Repatha users for its effectiveness, alternative drugs and more.
What is Tongue ulceration?
Tongue ulceration (ulcers on tongue) is found to be associated with 926 drugs and 522 conditions by eHealthMe.
Number of Repatha and Tongue ulceration reports submitted per year:
Time on Repatha when people have Tongue ulceration *:
- < 1 month: 100 %
- 1 - 6 months: 0.0 %
- 6 - 12 months: 0.0 %
- 1 - 2 years: 0.0 %
- 2 - 5 years: 0.0 %
- 5 - 10 years: 0.0 %
- 10+ years: 0.0 %
Gender of people who have Tongue ulceration when taking Repatha *:
- female: 50 %
- male: 50 %
Age of people who have Tongue ulceration when taking Repatha *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 0.0 %
- 30-39: 0.0 %
- 40-49: 25.0 %
- 50-59: 12.5 %
- 60+: 62.5 %
Common side effects people have besides Tongue ulceration *:
- Rhinorrhea (watery mucus discharge from the nose): 4 people, 50.00%
- Pain: 4 people, 50.00%
- Stomatitis (inflammation of mucous membrane of mouth): 3 people, 37.50%
- Cheilitis (infection of lips): 3 people, 37.50%
- Cough: 3 people, 37.50%
- Back Pain: 2 people, 25.00%
- Influenza Like Illness: 2 people, 25.00%
- Sputum Discolored: 2 people, 25.00%
- Pain In Extremity: 2 people, 25.00%
- Oropharyngeal Pain: 2 people, 25.00%
Common conditions people have *:
- Hyperlipidaemia (presence of excess lipids in the blood): 3 people, 37.50%
- Low Density Lipoprotein Increased (cholesterol increased in blood): 2 people, 25.00%
- Coronary Heart Disease (narrowing or blockage of the coronary arteries): 2 people, 25.00%
- Peripheral Vascular Disorder: 1 person, 12.50%
- Oedema (fluid collection in tissue): 1 person, 12.50%
- High Blood Pressure: 1 person, 12.50%
- Dyslipidaemia (abnormal amount of lipids): 1 person, 12.50%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you take Repatha and have Tongue ulceration?Check whether Tongue ulceration is associated with a drug or a condition
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
How severe was Tongue ulceration and when was it recovered:
Expand to all the drugs that have ingredients of evolocumab:
Alternative drugs to, pros and cons of Repatha:
- Repatha (100,241 reports)
Common Repatha side effects:
Browse all side effects of Repatha:a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Tongue ulceration treatments and more:
- Tongue ulceration (3,959 reports)
COVID vaccines that are related to Tongue ulceration:
- Tongue ulceration in Moderna COVID Vaccine
- Tongue ulceration in Pfizer BioNTech Covid Vaccine
- Tongue ulceration in Johnson and Johnson Covid Vaccine
Common drugs associated with Tongue ulceration:
All the drugs that are associated with Tongue ulceration:
- Tongue ulceration (926 drugs)
Common conditions associated with Tongue ulceration:
- Depression: 107 reports
- Depression aggravated: 111 reports
- High blood pressure: 135 reports
- Hypertension: 130 reports
- Osteoporosis: 210 reports
- Pain: 122 reports
- Rheumatoid arthritis: 311 reports
All the conditions that are associated with Tongue ulceration:
- Tongue ulceration (522 conditions)
How the study uses the data?
The study uses data from the FDA. It is based on evolocumab (the active ingredients of Repatha) and Repatha (the brand name). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered. Dosage of drugs is not considered in the study.
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 600+ medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Solu-Medrol and Traumatic Injury Of The Bladder And Urethra - 4 seconds ago
- Hypovitaminosis and Arthropod Sting - 7 seconds ago
- Hair Loss in Potassium Citrate, how severe and when it was recovered? - 10 seconds ago
- Ampyra and Toprol-Xl drug interaction - 10 seconds ago
- Rashes in Symbicort, how severe and when it was recovered? - 21 seconds ago
- Autoimmune Disorder and Gastrointestinal Inflammation - 22 seconds ago
- Sore Throat in Levothyroxine Sodium, how severe and when it was recovered? - 33 seconds ago
- Crixivan and Acute Myocardial Infarction - 33 seconds ago
- Vancomycin and Catapres drug interaction - 38 seconds ago
- Prinivil and Lidocaine drug interaction - 46 seconds ago