Restasis and Hepatitis b - a phase IV clinical study of FDA data
Hepatitis b is reported only by a few people who take Restasis.
The phase IV clinical study analyzes which people take Restasis and have Hepatitis b. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 30,614 people who have side effects while taking Restasis from the FDA, and is updated regularly.
Phase IV trials are used to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor drug effectiveness in the real world. With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe is running millions of phase IV trials and makes the results available to the public. Our original studies have been referenced on 600+ medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature.
30,614 people reported to have side effects when taking Restasis.
Among them, 2 people (0.01%) have Hepatitis b.
What is Restasis?
Restasis has active ingredients of cyclosporine. It is often used in dry eyes. eHealthMe is studying from 31,084 Restasis users for its effectiveness, alternative drugs and more.
What is Hepatitis b?
Hepatitis b is found to be associated with 1,164 drugs and 661 conditions by eHealthMe.
Number of Restasis and Hepatitis b reports submitted per year:
Gender of people who have Hepatitis b when taking Restasis *:
- female: 100 %
- male: 0.0 %
Age of people who have Hepatitis b when taking Restasis *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 0.0 %
- 30-39: 0.0 %
- 40-49: 0.0 %
- 50-59: 100 %
- 60+: 0.0 %
Common drugs people take besides Restasis *:
- Humira: 2 people, 100.00%
- Zocor: 1 person, 50.00%
- Xanax: 1 person, 50.00%
- Vitamin D: 1 person, 50.00%
- Synthroid: 1 person, 50.00%
- Soma: 1 person, 50.00%
- Nexium: 1 person, 50.00%
- Nasacort: 1 person, 50.00%
- Motrin: 1 person, 50.00%
- Lidoderm: 1 person, 50.00%
Common side effects people have besides Hepatitis b *:
- Weight Decreased: 1 person, 50.00%
- Vision Blurred: 1 person, 50.00%
- Stress And Anxiety: 1 person, 50.00%
- Skin Discoloration: 1 person, 50.00%
- Rheumatoid Vasculitis (inflammation of veins with painful joints and morning stiffness): 1 person, 50.00%
- Rash Macular (small, flat red spots): 1 person, 50.00%
- Peripheral Swelling: 1 person, 50.00%
- Night Sweats (sweating in night): 1 person, 50.00%
- Hepatic Enzyme Increased: 1 person, 50.00%
- Abasia (inability to walk): 1 person, 50.00%
Common conditions people have *:
- Rheumatoid Arthritis (a chronic progressive disease causing inflammation in the joints): 2 people, 100.00%
- Stress And Anxiety: 1 person, 50.00%
- Skin Disorder (skin disease): 1 person, 50.00%
- Pain: 1 person, 50.00%
- Hypothyroidism (abnormally low activity of the thyroid gland, resulting in retardation of growth and mental development): 1 person, 50.00%
- Hypersensitivity: 1 person, 50.00%
- High Blood Cholesterol: 1 person, 50.00%
- Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (a progressive disease that makes it hard to breathe): 1 person, 50.00%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you take Restasis and have Hepatitis b?Check whether Hepatitis b is associated with a drug or a condition
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Related publications that referenced our studies
- O’Brien FE, O’Connor RM, Clarke G, Donovan MD, Dinan TG, Griffin BT, Cryan JF, "The P-glycoprotein inhibitor cyclosporin A differentially influences behavioural and neurochemical responses to the antidepressant escitalopram", Behavioural brain research, 2014 Mar .
How severe was Hepatitis b and when was it recovered:
Expand to all the drugs that have ingredients of cyclosporine:
Alternative drugs to, pros and cons of Restasis:
- Restasis (31,084 reports)
Common Restasis side effects:
- Drug ineffective: 3,393 reports
- Eye pain: 2,322 reports
- Dry eyes (lack of adequate tears): 1,561 reports
- Headache (pain in head): 1,406 reports
- Fatigue (feeling of tiredness): 1,378 reports
- Pain: 1,207 reports
Browse all side effects of Restasis:a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Hepatitis b treatments and more:
- Hepatitis b (19,283 reports)
COVID vaccines that are related to Hepatitis b:
- Hepatitis b in Moderna COVID Vaccine
- Hepatitis b in Pfizer BioNTech Covid Vaccine
- Hepatitis b in Johnson and Johnson Covid Vaccine
Common drugs associated with Hepatitis b:
- Cyclophosphamide: 1,049 reports
- Prednisolone: 835 reports
- Prednisone: 652 reports
- Methotrexate: 428 reports
- Lamivudine: 276 reports
- Entecavir: 259 reports
- Rituxan: 258 reports
- Vincristine sulfate: 250 reports
- Doxorubicin hydrochloride: 235 reports
- Epivir: 224 reports
All the drugs that are associated with Hepatitis b:
- Hepatitis b (1,164 drugs)
Common conditions associated with Hepatitis b:
- Rheumatoid arthritis: 506 reports
- Non-hodgkin's lymphoma: 483 reports
- Hiv infection: 356 reports
- Multiple myeloma: 308 reports
- High blood pressure: 179 reports
All the conditions that are associated with Hepatitis b:
- Hepatitis b (661 conditions)
How the study uses the data?
The study uses data from the FDA. It is based on cyclosporine (the active ingredients of Restasis) and Restasis (the brand name). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered. Dosage of drugs is not considered in the study.
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 600+ medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Diamox and Hepatitis Aggravated - now
- Dexedrine and Vincristine Sulfate drug interaction - 4 seconds ago
- Desferal and Jaundice - Yellow Skin - 23 seconds ago
- Lidex and Pneumonia - 25 seconds ago
- Tecfidera and Cardiac Ventricular Thrombosis - 31 seconds ago
- Wellbutrin Xl and Blood Prolactin Increased - 34 seconds ago
- Dolobid and Enzyme Level Increased - 34 seconds ago
- Theophylline and Tonsillar Hypertrophy - 35 seconds ago
- Chantix and Claritin-D drug interaction - 35 seconds ago
- Amlodipine Besylate and Extrapyramidal Disorder - 45 seconds ago