Revlimid and Anorectal abscess - a phase IV clinical study of FDA data
Anorectal abscess is found among people who take Revlimid, especially for people who are male, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for 1 - 6 months.
The phase IV clinical study analyzes which people take Revlimid and have Anorectal abscess. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 331,128 people who have side effects when taking Revlimid from the FDA, and is updated regularly. You can use the study as a second opinion to make health care decisions.
Phase IV trials are used to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor drug effectiveness in the real world. With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe is running millions of phase IV trials and makes the results available to the public. Our original studies have been referenced on 600+ medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature.
331,128 people reported to have side effects when taking Revlimid.
Among them, 23 people (0.01%) have Anorectal abscess.
What is Revlimid?
Revlimid has active ingredients of lenalidomide. It is often used in multiple myeloma. eHealthMe is studying from 331,423 Revlimid users for its effectiveness, alternative drugs and more.
What is Anorectal abscess?
Anorectal abscess is found to be associated with 1,289 drugs and 845 conditions by eHealthMe.
Number of Revlimid and Anorectal abscess reports submitted per year:
Time on Revlimid when people have Anorectal abscess *:
- < 1 month: 36.36 %
- 1 - 6 months: 54.55 %
- 6 - 12 months: 9.09 %
- 1 - 2 years: 0.0 %
- 2 - 5 years: 0.0 %
- 5 - 10 years: 0.0 %
- 10+ years: 0.0 %
Gender of people who have Anorectal abscess when taking Revlimid *:
- female: 22.73 %
- male: 77.27 %
Age of people who have Anorectal abscess when taking Revlimid *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 0.0 %
- 30-39: 0.0 %
- 40-49: 9.09 %
- 50-59: 9.09 %
- 60+: 81.82 %
Common drugs people take besides Revlimid *:
- Decadron: 3 people, 13.04%
- Velcade: 2 people, 8.70%
- Proair Hfa: 2 people, 8.70%
- Oxycodone: 2 people, 8.70%
- Zolpidem Tartrate: 2 people, 8.70%
- Mirtazapine: 2 people, 8.70%
- Zometa: 1 person, 4.35%
- Lasix: 1 person, 4.35%
- Azacitidine: 1 person, 4.35%
- Carfilzomib: 1 person, 4.35%
Common side effects people have besides Anorectal abscess *:
- Febrile Neutropenia (fever with reduced white blood cells): 4 people, 17.39%
- Pneumonia: 4 people, 17.39%
- Sepsis (a severe blood infection that can lead to organ failure and death): 3 people, 13.04%
- Constipation: 3 people, 13.04%
- Pancytopenia (medical condition in which there is a reduction in the number of red and white blood cells, as well as platelets): 3 people, 13.04%
- Gastrointestinal Haemorrhage (bleeding gastrointestinal tract): 2 people, 8.70%
- Cellulitis (infection under the skin): 2 people, 8.70%
- Fistula (an abnormal connection or passageway between two): 2 people, 8.70%
- Skin Ulcer: 2 people, 8.70%
- Arteriospasm Coronary (spasm of the large- or medium-sized coronary arteries): 1 person, 4.35%
Common conditions people have *:
- Myelodysplastic Syndrome (a group of conditions that occur when the blood-forming cells in the bone marrow are damaged): 5 people, 21.74%
- Skin Ulcer: 2 people, 8.70%
- Prostate Cancer: 2 people, 8.70%
- Acute Myeloid Leukaemia (acute cancer in which the bone marrow makes abnormal myeloblasts): 2 people, 8.70%
- Abscess (pus): 2 people, 8.70%
- Diarrhea: 1 person, 4.35%
- Diabetes: 1 person, 4.35%
- Atrial Fibrillation/flutter (atrial fibrillation and flutter are abnormal heart rhythms in which the atria, or upper chambers of the heart, are out of sync with the ventricles): 1 person, 4.35%
- Anaemia (lack of blood): 1 person, 4.35%
- Acne (skin problems that cause pimples): 1 person, 4.35%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you take Revlimid and have Anorectal abscess?Check whether Anorectal abscess is associated with a drug or a condition
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
How severe was Anorectal abscess and when was it recovered:
Expand to all the drugs that have ingredients of lenalidomide:
Alternative drugs to, pros and cons of Revlimid:
- Revlimid (331,423 reports)
Common Revlimid side effects:
Browse all side effects of Revlimid:a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Anorectal abscess treatments and more:
- Anorectal abscess (7,621 reports)
COVID vaccines that are related to Anorectal abscess:
- Anorectal abscess in Moderna COVID Vaccine
- Anorectal abscess in Pfizer BioNTech Covid Vaccine
- Anorectal abscess in Johnson and Johnson Covid Vaccine
Common drugs associated with Anorectal abscess:
All the drugs that are associated with Anorectal abscess:
- Anorectal abscess (1,289 drugs)
Common conditions associated with Anorectal abscess:
All the conditions that are associated with Anorectal abscess:
- Anorectal abscess (845 conditions)
How the study uses the data?
The study uses data from the FDA. It is based on lenalidomide (the active ingredients of Revlimid) and Revlimid (the brand name). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered. Dosage of drugs is not considered in the study.
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 600+ medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease and drugs of ingredients of levalbuterol hydrochloride - now
- Benicar and Hyperlipidaemia - 2 seconds ago
- Ventolin and Stomatitis - 5 seconds ago
- Advair Diskus 100/50 and Creon drug interaction - 6 seconds ago
- Itraconazole and Diflucan drug interaction - 9 seconds ago
- Rexulti and Nasal Congestion - 16 seconds ago
- Senna and Diflucan drug interaction - 20 seconds ago
- Serevent and Drug Eruption - 24 seconds ago
- Ibuprofen and Neutrophil Count Decreased - 39 seconds ago
- Ketoprofen and Drowsiness - 46 seconds ago