Rifadin and Bladder infection - from FDA reports
Bladder infection is found among people who take Rifadin, especially for people who are male, 60+ old , have been taking the drug for 1 - 6 months, also take medication Tegretol, and have Epilepsy. This study is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 1,742 people who have side effects when taking Rifadin from FDA, and is updated regularly.
How to use this study: bring a copy to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Who is eHealthMe: we are a data analysis company who specializes in health care industry. Our original studies have been referenced on 500+ peer-reviewed medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and EANO. On eHealthMe, you can research drugs and monitor them (see testimonials).
1,742 people reported to have side effects when taking Rifadin.
Among them, 15 people (0.86%) have Bladder infection
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on Rifadin when people have Bladder infection *:
- < 1 month: 0.0 %
- 1 - 6 months: 100 %
- 6 - 12 months: 0.0 %
Gender of people who have Bladder infection when taking Rifadin *:
- female: 46.67 %
- male: 53.33 %
Age of people who have Bladder infection when taking Rifadin *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 33.33 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Metastatic Renal Cell Carcinoma (spreadable kidney cell tumour): 2 people, 13.33%
- Epilepsy (common and diverse set of chronic neurological disorders characterized by seizures): 2 people, 13.33%
- Type 2 Diabetes: 1 person, 6.67%
- Surgery: 1 person, 6.67%
- Rheumatoid Arthritis (a chronic progressive disease causing inflammation in the joints): 1 person, 6.67%
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Tegretol: 8 people, 53.33%
- Zyrtec: 5 people, 33.33%
- Sabril: 5 people, 33.33%
- Rocephin: 4 people, 26.67%
- Amikin: 3 people, 20.00%
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Dermatitis Bullous (inflammation of the skin characterized by the presence of bullae which are filled with fluid): 4 people, 26.67%
- Renal Failure Acute (rapid kidney dysfunction): 4 people, 26.67%
- Photosensitivity Reaction: 4 people, 26.67%
- Fever: 3 people, 20.00%
- Pseudoporphyria (skin changes consistent with one of the porphyrias, but laboratory tests do not detect significant abnormalities): 3 people, 20.00%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
FDA reports used in this study
- Want to find out more about the FDA reports used in the study? You can request them from FDA.
Do you have Bladder infection while taking Rifadin?
- Check whether a drug or a condition causes Bladder infection
- Subscribe to monitor Bladder infection in Rifadin
You are not alone:
Rifadin has active ingredients of rifampin. (latest outcomes from Rifadin 1,749 users)
Bladder infection has been reported by people with multiple sclerosis, rheumatoid arthritis, high blood pressure, osteoporosis, pain (latest reports from 146,267 Bladder infection patients).
Drugs that are associated with Bladder infectionBladder infection (3,088 drugs)
Could your condition cause Bladder infectionBladder infection (3,087 conditions)
Rifadin side effects
- Rifadin side effects (1,742 reports)
Browse all side effects of Rifadina b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
What would happen?
Recent general studies
- Will you have Pulmonary Fibrosis with Calcium Acetate? - now
- Will you have Paraplegia with Baclofen? - a second ago
- Will you have Jejunal Ulcer Perforation with Cisplatin? - a second ago
- Will you have Accidental Overdose (Therapeutic Agent) with Labetalol Hydrochloride? - 2 seconds ago
- Will you have Accidental Overdose with Labetalol Hydrochloride? - 2 seconds ago
Recent personal studies
- A study for a 36 year old woman who takes Amlodipine, Metoprolol Tartrate, Vitamin D3, Bupropion Hydrochloride, Loratadine - an hour ago
- A study for a 59 year old woman who takes Alendronic Acid - an hour ago
- A study for a 36 year old woman who takes Wellbutrin Sr, Ambien, Zyrtec Allergy, Fish Oil, Oracea - an hour ago
- A study for a 52 year old man who takes Montelukast Sodium - 2 hours ago
- A study for a 61 year old woman who takes Amitriptyline Hydrochloride, Epinephrine - 2 hours ago
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.