Rifampin and Febrile neutropenia - a phase IV clinical study of FDA data
Febrile neutropenia is found among people who take Rifampin, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month.
The phase IV clinical study analyzes which people take Rifampin and have Febrile neutropenia. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 8,295 people who have side effects when taking Rifampin from the FDA, and is updated regularly. You can use the study as a second opinion to make health care decisions.
Phase IV trials are used to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor drug effectiveness in the real world. With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe is running millions of phase IV trials and makes the results available to the public. Our original studies have been referenced on 600+ medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature.
8,295 people reported to have side effects when taking Rifampin.
Among them, 22 people (0.27%) have Febrile neutropenia.
What is Rifampin?
Rifampin has active ingredients of rifampin. It is often used in tuberculosis. eHealthMe is studying from 8,528 Rifampin users for its effectiveness, alternative drugs and more.
What is Febrile neutropenia?
Febrile neutropenia (fever with reduced white blood cells) is found to be associated with 2,112 drugs and 1,786 conditions by eHealthMe.
Number of Rifampin and Febrile neutropenia reports submitted per year:
Time on Rifampin when people have Febrile neutropenia *:
- < 1 month: 50 %
- 1 - 6 months: 0.0 %
- 6 - 12 months: 0.0 %
- 1 - 2 years: 0.0 %
- 2 - 5 years: 50 %
- 5 - 10 years: 0.0 %
- 10+ years: 0.0 %
Gender of people who have Febrile neutropenia when taking Rifampin *:
- female: 76.19 %
- male: 23.81 %
Age of people who have Febrile neutropenia when taking Rifampin *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 4.76 %
- 10-19: 4.76 %
- 20-29: 0.0 %
- 30-39: 19.05 %
- 40-49: 4.76 %
- 50-59: 28.57 %
- 60+: 38.1 %
Common drugs people take besides Rifampin *:
- Isoniazid: 6 people, 27.27%
- Vancomycin: 6 people, 27.27%
- Docetaxel: 5 people, 22.73%
- Clarithromycin: 4 people, 18.18%
- Meropenem: 4 people, 18.18%
- Myambutol: 4 people, 18.18%
- Pyrazinamide: 4 people, 18.18%
- Carboplatin: 4 people, 18.18%
- Amikacin Sulfate: 3 people, 13.64%
- Duac: 3 people, 13.64%
Common side effects people have besides Febrile neutropenia *:
- Weakness: 5 people, 22.73%
- Disease Progression: 4 people, 18.18%
- Fever: 3 people, 13.64%
- Pancytopenia (medical condition in which there is a reduction in the number of red and white blood cells, as well as platelets): 2 people, 9.09%
- Drug Ineffective: 2 people, 9.09%
- Osteomyelitis (infection of bone): 2 people, 9.09%
- Agranulocytosis (a deficiency of granulocytes in the blood, causing increased vulnerability to infection): 2 people, 9.09%
- Rashes (redness): 2 people, 9.09%
- Pancreatitis Acute (sudden inflammation of pancreas): 1 person, 4.55%
- Pneumothorax (the presence of air or gas in the cavity between the lungs and the chest wall, causing collapse of the lung): 1 person, 4.55%
Common conditions people have *:
- Pulmonary Tuberculosis (lungs tuberculosis): 4 people, 18.18%
- Breast Cancer: 4 people, 18.18%
- Acute Lymphocytic Leukemia (All) (cancer of the white blood cells characterized by excess lymphoblasts): 2 people, 9.09%
- Acute Myeloid Leukaemia (acute cancer in which the bone marrow makes abnormal myeloblasts): 2 people, 9.09%
- Nausea (feeling of having an urge to vomit): 2 people, 9.09%
- Mycobacterium Avium Complex Infection: 2 people, 9.09%
- Mucormycosis (a rare infection caused by organisms that belong to a group of fungi called mucoromycotina): 2 people, 9.09%
- Klebsiella Infection: 2 people, 9.09%
- Staphylococcal Infection (an infection with staphylococcus bacteria): 1 person, 4.55%
- Hiv Infection: 1 person, 4.55%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you take Rifampin and have Febrile neutropenia?Check whether Febrile neutropenia is associated with a drug or a condition
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Related publications that referenced our studies
- Yaylaci S, Yilmaz EU, Guclu E, Kumsar NA, Tamer A, Karabay O, "Clozapine-Induced Febrile Neutropenia and Cellulitis", Turkish journal of emergency medicine, 2014 Mar .
How severe was Febrile neutropenia and when was it recovered:
Expand to all the drugs that have ingredients of rifampin:
Alternative drugs to, pros and cons of Rifampin:
- Rifampin (8,528 reports)
Common Rifampin side effects:
- Drug ineffective: 639 reports
- Fever: 510 reports
- Rashes (redness): 362 reports
- Fatigue (feeling of tiredness): 337 reports
- Breathing difficulty: 274 reports
- Weakness: 248 reports
- Diarrhea: 244 reports
- Pain: 229 reports
Browse all side effects of Rifampin:a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Febrile neutropenia treatments and more:
- Febrile neutropenia (66,398 reports)
COVID vaccines that are related to Febrile neutropenia:
- Febrile neutropenia in Moderna COVID Vaccine
- Febrile neutropenia in Pfizer BioNTech Covid Vaccine
- Febrile neutropenia in Johnson and Johnson Covid Vaccine
Common drugs associated with Febrile neutropenia:
- Cyclophosphamide: 12,981 reports
- Cytarabine: 6,941 reports
- Etoposide: 6,845 reports
- Methotrexate: 6,480 reports
- Prednisone: 6,423 reports
- Carboplatin: 5,639 reports
- Cisplatin: 4,947 reports
- Dexamethasone: 3,669 reports
- Ondansetron: 3,512 reports
- Fluorouracil: 3,480 reports
All the drugs that are associated with Febrile neutropenia:
- Febrile neutropenia (2,112 drugs)
Common conditions associated with Febrile neutropenia:
- Non-hodgkin's lymphoma: 4,221 reports
- Multiple myeloma: 3,332 reports
- Breast cancer: 3,127 reports
- Preventive health care: 2,742 reports
- High blood pressure: 2,670 reports
All the conditions that are associated with Febrile neutropenia:
- Febrile neutropenia (1,786 conditions)
How the study uses the data?
The study uses data from the FDA. It is based on rifampin (the active ingredients of Rifampin) and Rifampin (the brand name). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered. Dosage of drugs is not considered in the study.
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 600+ medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Abacavir and Idiopathic Or Primary Livedo Reticularis - 5 seconds ago
- Dapagliflozin and Haematuria Aggravated - 12 seconds ago
- Advil and Developmental Reading Disorder - 15 seconds ago
- Cetirizine Hydrochloride and Escherichia Test Positive - 17 seconds ago
- Abacavir and Primary Myelofibrosis - 17 seconds ago
- Pristiq vs. Parnate - 24 seconds ago
- Mobic and Proair Hfa drug interaction - 26 seconds ago
- Enablex and Ipratropium Bromide drug interaction - 37 seconds ago
- Diphenhydramine Hydrochloride and Ciclopirox drug interaction - 39 seconds ago
- Extranodal Marginal Zone B-Cell Lymphoma (Malt Type) and Hypersensitivity - 49 seconds ago