Risperdal and Aggression - from FDA reports
Aggression is found among people who take Risperdal, especially for people who are male, 60+ old , have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Seroquel, and have Attention deficit hyperactivity disorder. This review analyzes which people have Aggression with Risperdal. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 77,390 people who have side effects when taking Risperdal from FDA , and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Dec, 21, 2017
77,390 people reported to have side effects when taking Risperdal.
Among them, 1,560 people (2.02%) have Aggression
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on Risperdal when people have Aggression *:
- < 1 month: 29.29 %
- 1 - 6 months: 28.03 %
- 6 - 12 months: 11.3 %
- 1 - 2 years: 6.28 %
- 2 - 5 years: 16.74 %
- 5 - 10 years: 5.86 %
- 10+ years: 2.51 %
Gender of people who have Aggression when taking Risperdal *:
- female: 29.06 %
- male: 70.94 %
Age of people who have Aggression when taking Risperdal *:
- 0-1: 0.24 %
- 2-9: 9.86 %
- 10-19: 18.43 %
- 20-29: 18.11 %
- 30-39: 12.85 %
- 40-49: 11.32 %
- 50-59: 8.89 %
- 60+: 20.29 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (113 people, 7.24%)
- Depression (96 people, 6.15%)
- Stress And Anxiety (66 people, 4.23%)
- Autism (50 people, 3.21%)
- Psychotic Disorder (44 people, 2.82%)
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Seroquel (169 people, 10.83%)
- Depakote (153 people, 9.81%)
- Zyprexa (103 people, 6.60%)
- Zoloft (98 people, 6.28%)
- Paxil (85 people, 5.45%)
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Agitation (356 people, 22.82%)
- Stress And Anxiety (205 people, 13.14%)
- Abnormal Behavior (194 people, 12.44%)
- Insomnia (178 people, 11.41%)
- Suicidal Ideation (153 people, 9.81%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Subscribe to the study: get notified of updates to the study.
Want to find out more about the FDA reports used in the study? You can request them from FDA.
Do you have Aggression when taking Risperdal?
- Check symptoms - is aggression caused by a drug or a condition?
- Get alerts to symptoms - forecast your symptoms and get alerts
- Report the side effect - help people in need and in real time
- Ask a question - ask a question related to the study
- write a post - share your experience related to the study
- More tools...
Expand the study to include all drugs with the same ingredientsAggression and drugs with ingredients of risperidone.
Expand the study to include reports from both FDA and eHealthMeAggression and Risperdal from FDA and eHealthMe reports
Risperdal has active ingredients of risperidone. It is often used in bipolar disorder. (latest outcomes from Risperdal 78,746 users)
Aggression has been reported by people with depression, attention deficit hyperactivity disorder, stress and anxiety, quit smoking, schizophrenia (latest reports from 41,223 Aggression patients).
Browse all side effects of Risperdala b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Drugs that are associated with AggressionAggression
Could your condition cause AggressionAggression
Related publications that referenced our studies
- Ray RK, Bashir MA, Rao S, "Co-Administration of Risperidone and Sodium Valproate Causing Bilateral Chronic Exertional Lower Leg Compartment Syndrome", Open Journal of Orthopedics, 2014 Apr .
- Crouse EL, Alastanos JN, Bozymski KM, Toscano RA, "Dysphagia with second-generation antipsychotics: A case report and review of the literature", Mental Health Clinician, 2017 Jan .
- Janardhana P, Nagaraj AK, Basavanna PL, "Risperidone-induced skin rash", Indian journal of psychiatry, 2016 Jan .
- Dsouza MC, "Could risperidone have caused the cataract?: A case report and review of literature", Journal of Research in Psychiatry and Behavioral Science, 2015 Jan .
- Dsouza MC, "COULD RISPERIDONE HAVE CAUSED THE CATARACT", JRPBS, 2015 Jan .
What would happen?
Questions to the study
My son 9 yrs old has been on concerta and risperadal for a while. His doctor can't seem to get a good schedule/regime down to get a happy medium for him and me. He was taking concerta 54+18 in the morning and risperadal 1mg and 10mg Prozac,intinuv 2mg. The concerta does not last the 12 hours it ...
Am sick of the above feeling, it is pretty much constant. Have been taking Risperdal Consta for about five years. The side effects seem to have co-incident with this. Any help appreciated, solutions, or am I actually suffering from something else I should get checked out? Steven
I was given Risperdal off label for anxiety associated with Bipolar Disorder. As a result I had bladder insufficiency such that I had to wear Depends 24/7 (I was in my early 50s at the time and am 62 now). I think that I took it for 2 years or so. After I stopped, I still had this side effect ...
From 2007/2012-Noticable as a 5th grade male-middle of school term-young male was "listed" as ADHD but this was unfounded (Never)as a definitive diagnosis at any time up to present 2015 by other physicians. The young male weighed 67 lbs. & shorter than most in his age group. Child underwent ...
User posts to the study
I am writing this on behalf of my son. He is a heart-lung survivor post transplant 10 years. He has been on 5mgs of Predisone for the last 9 1/2 years. A few months ago his doctors reduced his dosage to 2.4mg every other day and 5mg in between. A week ago he went into a verbal rage and went ...