Risperdal and Extrapyramidal disorder - a phase IV clinical study of FDA data
We study 119,107 people who have side effects when taking Risperdal. Extrapyramidal disorder is found, especially among people who are male, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for 1 - 6 months, also take Invega and have Attention deficit hyperactivity disorder.
The phase IV clinical study analyzes which people take Risperdal and have Extrapyramidal disorder. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports from the FDA, and is updated regularly. You may use the study as a second opinion to make health care decisions.
Phase IV trials are used to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor drug effectiveness in the real world. With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe is running millions of phase IV trials and makes the results available to the public. Our original studies have been referenced on 700+ medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature.
119,107 people reported to have side effects when taking Risperdal.
Among them, 2,455 people (2.06%) have Extrapyramidal disorder.
What is Risperdal?
Risperdal has active ingredients of risperidone. It is used in bipolar disorder. Currently, eHealthMe is studying from 124,655 Risperdal users.
What is Extrapyramidal disorder?
Extrapyramidal disorder (involuntary muscle spasms in the face and neck) is found to be associated with 1,524 drugs and 939 conditions by eHealthMe. Currently, we are studying 29,787 people who have Extrapyramidal disorder.
Number of Risperdal and Extrapyramidal disorder reports submitted per year:
Time on Risperdal when people have Extrapyramidal disorder *:
Gender of people who have Extrapyramidal disorder when taking Risperdal*:
Age of people who have Extrapyramidal disorder when taking Risperdal *:
Common drugs people take besides Risperdal *:
Common side effects people have besides Extrapyramidal disorder *:
Common conditions people have *:
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you take Risperdal and have Extrapyramidal disorder?Check whether Extrapyramidal disorder is associated with a drug or a condition
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Related publications that referenced our studies
- Janardhana P, Nagaraj AK, Basavanna PL, "Risperidone-induced skin rash", Indian journal of psychiatry, 2016 Jan .
- Dsouza MC, "Could risperidone have caused the cataract?: A case report and review of literature", Journal of Research in Psychiatry and Behavioral Science, 2015 Jan .
- Dsouza MC, "COULD RISPERIDONE HAVE CAUSED THE CATARACT", JRPBS, 2015 Jan .
- Ray RK, Bashir MA, Rao S, "Co-Administration of Risperidone and Sodium Valproate Causing Bilateral Chronic Exertional Lower Leg Compartment Syndrome", Open Journal of Orthopedics, 2014 Apr .
- Hosseini, S. H., & Ahmadi, A., "Peripheral edema occurring during treatment with risperidone combined with citalopram", Case reports in medicine, 2012 Jan .
Risperdal side effects by duration, gender and age:
- Risperdal side effects (124,655 reports)
Extrapyramidal disorder treatments and more:
- Extrapyramidal disorder (29,787 reports)
Common drugs associated with Extrapyramidal disorder:
- Metoclopramide: 14,572 reports
- Clopra: 14,529 reports
- Reglan: 4,988 reports
- Risperdal: 2,455 reports
- Risperidone: 1,824 reports
- Abilify: 1,248 reports
- Metoclopramide hydrochloride: 1,107 reports
- Olanzapine: 1,003 reports
- Haloperidol: 845 reports
- Aripiprazole: 739 reports
All the drugs that are associated with Extrapyramidal disorder:
- Extrapyramidal disorder (1,524 drugs)
Common conditions associated with Extrapyramidal disorder:
- Indigestion: 2,792 reports
- Schizophrenia: 1,935 reports
- Bipolar disorder: 1,148 reports
- Depression: 1,128 reports
- Attention deficit hyperactivity disorder: 526 reports
- Schizoaffective disorder: 415 reports
All the conditions that are associated with Extrapyramidal disorder:
- Extrapyramidal disorder (939 conditions)
How the study uses the data?
The study uses data from the FDA. It is based on risperidone (the active ingredients of Risperdal) and Risperdal (the brand name). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered. Dosage of drugs is not considered in the study.
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 700+ medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Remeron and Impaired Work Ability - 11 seconds ago
- Fludarabine Phosphate and Skin Toxicity - 12 seconds ago
- Dyazide and Eyelid Oedema - 12 seconds ago
- Glyburide and Actos drug interaction - 13 seconds ago
- Naproxen and Omniscan drug interaction - 14 seconds ago
- Gleevec and Abortion Spontaneous - 30 seconds ago
- Ofloxacin and Vitamins drug interaction - 58 seconds ago
- Fish Oil and Tradjenta drug interaction - a minute ago
- Hydrochlorothiazide and Blood Sodium Decreased - a minute ago
- Restasis and Tapazole drug interaction - a minute ago