Risperdal and Sedation - a phase IV clinical study of FDA data
Sedation is found among people who take Risperdal, especially for people who are male, 20-29 old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month.
The phase IV clinical study analyzes which people take Risperdal and have Sedation. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 119,107 people who have side effects when taking Risperdal from the FDA, and is updated regularly. You can use the study as a second opinion to make health care decisions.
Phase IV trials are used to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor drug effectiveness in the real world. With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe is running millions of phase IV trials and makes the results available to the public. Our original studies have been referenced on 600+ medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature.
119,107 people reported to have side effects when taking Risperdal.
Among them, 1,920 people (1.61%) have Sedation.
What is Risperdal?
Risperdal has active ingredients of risperidone. It is often used in bipolar disorder. eHealthMe is studying from 124,653 Risperdal users for its effectiveness, alternative drugs and more.
What is Sedation?
Sedation is found to be associated with 2,393 drugs and 1,257 conditions by eHealthMe.
Number of Risperdal and Sedation reports submitted per year:
Time on Risperdal when people have Sedation *:
Gender of people who have Sedation when taking Risperdal*:
Age of people who have Sedation when taking Risperdal *:
Common drugs people take besides Risperdal *:
Common side effects people have besides Sedation *:
Common conditions people have *:
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you take Risperdal and have Sedation?Check whether Sedation is associated with a drug or a condition
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Related publications that referenced our studies
- Janardhana P, Nagaraj AK, Basavanna PL, "Risperidone-induced skin rash", Indian journal of psychiatry, 2016 Jan .
- Dsouza MC, "Could risperidone have caused the cataract?: A case report and review of literature", Journal of Research in Psychiatry and Behavioral Science, 2015 Jan .
- Dsouza MC, "COULD RISPERIDONE HAVE CAUSED THE CATARACT", JRPBS, 2015 Jan .
- Ray RK, Bashir MA, Rao S, "Co-Administration of Risperidone and Sodium Valproate Causing Bilateral Chronic Exertional Lower Leg Compartment Syndrome", Open Journal of Orthopedics, 2014 Apr .
- Hosseini, S. H., & Ahmadi, A., "Peripheral edema occurring during treatment with risperidone combined with citalopram", Case reports in medicine, 2012 Jan .
How severe was Sedation and when was it recovered:
Expand to all the drugs that have ingredients of risperidone:
- Sedation and drugs with ingredients of risperidone (2,988 reports)
Alternative drugs to, pros and cons of Risperdal:
- Risperdal (124,653 reports)
Common Risperdal side effects:
- Gynecomastia (enlargement of the gland tissue of the male breast): 35,887 reports
- Weight increased: 9,118 reports
- Galactorrhea (secretion of breast milk in men): 5,541 reports
- Weight loss: 4,539 reports
Browse all side effects of Risperdal:a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Sedation treatments and more:
- Sedation (50,120 reports)
COVID vaccines that are related to Sedation:
- Sedation in Moderna COVID Vaccine
- Sedation in Pfizer BioNTech Covid Vaccine
- Sedation in Johnson and Johnson Covid Vaccine
Common drugs associated with Sedation:
- Zyprexa: 1,964 reports
- Risperdal: 1,920 reports
- Morphine: 1,869 reports
- Olanzapine: 1,722 reports
- Clozapine: 1,598 reports
- Risperidone: 1,576 reports
- Abilify: 1,345 reports
- Aripiprazole: 1,344 reports
- Gabapentin: 1,309 reports
- Omeprazole: 1,233 reports
All the drugs that are associated with Sedation:
- Sedation (2,393 drugs)
Common conditions associated with Sedation:
- Schizophrenia: 2,608 reports
- Pain: 2,231 reports
- Depression: 1,982 reports
- High blood pressure: 1,229 reports
- Bipolar disorder: 961 reports
- Stress and anxiety: 942 reports
All the conditions that are associated with Sedation:
- Sedation (1,257 conditions)
How the study uses the data?
The study uses data from the FDA. It is based on risperidone (the active ingredients of Risperdal) and Risperdal (the brand name). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered. Dosage of drugs is not considered in the study.
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 600+ medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Roxicodone and Acyclovir Sodium drug interaction - 3 seconds ago
- Diclofenac Sodium and Ocrevus drug interaction - 4 seconds ago
- Janumet Xr and Vaginal Bleeding - 15 seconds ago
- Prandin and Chest Pain - 19 seconds ago
- Wellbutrin and Neuropathy - Peripheral - 19 seconds ago
- Wellbutrin and Peripheral Neuropathy - 20 seconds ago
- Humalog and Dengue Fever - 20 seconds ago
- Ramipril and Keppra drug interaction - 22 seconds ago
- Isosorbide Mononitrate and Delayed Recovery From Anaesthesia - 22 seconds ago
- Ursodeoxycholic Acid and Respiratory Disorder - 23 seconds ago