Risperidone and Kidney failure - from FDA reports
Kidney failure is found among people who take Risperidone, especially for people who are male, 60+ old , have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Haloperidol, and have High blood pressure. This review analyzes which people have Kidney failure with Risperidone. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 26,781 people who have side effects when taking Risperidone from FDA , and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Jan, 14, 2018
26,781 people reported to have side effects when taking Risperidone.
Among them, 181 people (0.68%) have Kidney failure
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on Risperidone when people have Kidney failure *:
- < 1 month: 64.29 %
- 1 - 6 months: 0.0 %
- 6 - 12 months: 7.14 %
- 1 - 2 years: 28.57 %
- 2 - 5 years: 0.0 %
- 5 - 10 years: 0.0 %
- 10+ years: 0.0 %
Gender of people who have Kidney failure when taking Risperidone *:
- female: 38.41 %
- male: 61.59 %
Age of people who have Kidney failure when taking Risperidone *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 4.08 %
- 20-29: 6.12 %
- 30-39: 4.76 %
- 40-49: 20.41 %
- 50-59: 9.52 %
- 60+: 55.1 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- High Blood Pressure (37 people, 20.44%)
- Pain (9 people, 4.97%)
- Schizophrenia, Paranoid Type (7 people, 3.87%)
- Preventive Health Care (6 people, 3.31%)
- Agitation (5 people, 2.76%)
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Haloperidol (28 people, 15.47%)
- Furosemide (27 people, 14.92%)
- Lisinopril (25 people, 13.81%)
- Fluconazole (24 people, 13.26%)
- Lorazepam (22 people, 12.15%)
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Hyperkalemia (29 people, 16.02%)
- Rhabdomyolysis (26 people, 14.36%)
- Tachyarrhythmia (25 people, 13.81%)
- Hyponatremia (25 people, 13.81%)
- Respiratory Acidosis (24 people, 13.26%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Subscribe to the study: get notified of updates to the study.
Want to find out more about the FDA reports used in the study? You can request them from FDA.
Do you have Kidney failure when taking Risperidone?
- Check symptoms - is kidney failure caused by a drug or a condition?
- Get alerts to symptoms - forecast your symptoms and get alerts
- Report the side effect - help people in need and in real time
- Ask a question - ask a question related to the study
- write a post - share your experience related to the study
- More tools...
Expand the study to include all drugs with the same ingredientsKidney failure and drugs with ingredients of risperidone.
Expand the study to include reports from both FDA and eHealthMeKidney failure and Risperidone from FDA and eHealthMe reports
Risperidone has active ingredients of risperidone. It is often used in bipolar disorder. (latest outcomes from Risperidone 27,934 users)
Kidney failure (loss of kidney function) has been reported by people with high blood pressure, multiple myeloma, coronary artery bypass, diabetes, high blood cholesterol (latest reports from 87,301 Kidney failure patients).
Browse all side effects of Risperidonea b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Drugs that are associated with Kidney failureKidney failure
Could your condition cause Kidney failureKidney failure
Related publications that referenced our studies
- Ray RK, Bashir MA, Rao S, "Co-Administration of Risperidone and Sodium Valproate Causing Bilateral Chronic Exertional Lower Leg Compartment Syndrome", Open Journal of Orthopedics, 2014 Apr .
- Crouse EL, Alastanos JN, Bozymski KM, Toscano RA, "Dysphagia with second-generation antipsychotics: A case report and review of the literature", Mental Health Clinician, 2017 Jan .
- Janardhana P, Nagaraj AK, Basavanna PL, "Risperidone-induced skin rash", Indian journal of psychiatry, 2016 Jan .
- Dsouza MC, "Could risperidone have caused the cataract?: A case report and review of literature", Journal of Research in Psychiatry and Behavioral Science, 2015 Jan .
- Dsouza MC, "COULD RISPERIDONE HAVE CAUSED THE CATARACT", JRPBS, 2015 Jan .
What would happen?
Questions to the study
Hello guys, My name is favour i'm 39 male I have been using dexamethasone(tablets) with Cyproheptadine(caplet), i was too skinny and i needed to add up some flesh and based on a friend's advice i started taking one caplet of Cyproheptadine daily and 1mg of dexacortin(dexamethasone) , in no ...
Hi, My son has autism with MR and has been on Risperdone for at least 10 years, but in the last 5 years I've noticed he has this intense hunger. In the last 2 years he has went from 230pds to 315 pds. I even changed his diet to more vegetables and lean meat, but he continues to gain and he gets ...
User posts to the study
My mother is 66 years old and has a mental illness believed to be bipolar with possible delusional disorder as well as cognitive impairment disease which we are in the process of getting second opinions and more neurological testing. As of right now she is 4mg of Risperidone and for two months. ...
I don’t have kidney failure, however, after one year on Xeljanz, my creatinine numbers were too high, I tested positive for a severe kidney infection, including blood in urine, and passing a clot which might have been a kidney stone.
Suffering from seemingly chronic and extreme insomnia since Feb, 2017. Sleep deprivation started while I was on Risperal 2 mg. I didn’t sleep a single night for about THREE months straight (I know it’s unheard of and thought to be impossible but I’m the living proof) until I slept for about two ...