Risperidone and Renal failure acute - from FDA reports
Renal failure acute is found among people who take Risperidone, especially for people who are male, 60+ old , have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Atenolol, and have Diabetes. This review analyzes which people have Renal failure acute with Risperidone. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 26,781 people who have side effects when taking Risperidone from FDA , and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Jan, 01, 2018
26,781 people reported to have side effects when taking Risperidone.
Among them, 231 people (0.86%) have Renal failure acute
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on Risperidone when people have Renal failure acute *:
- < 1 month: 52.17 %
- 1 - 6 months: 21.74 %
- 6 - 12 months: 0.0 %
- 1 - 2 years: 13.04 %
- 2 - 5 years: 8.7 %
- 5 - 10 years: 4.35 %
- 10+ years: 0.0 %
Gender of people who have Renal failure acute when taking Risperidone *:
- female: 36.04 %
- male: 63.96 %
Age of people who have Renal failure acute when taking Risperidone *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.47 %
- 10-19: 7.94 %
- 20-29: 2.8 %
- 30-39: 17.29 %
- 40-49: 16.82 %
- 50-59: 24.77 %
- 60+: 29.91 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Diabetes (16 people, 6.93%)
- Psychotic Disorder (13 people, 5.63%)
- High Blood Pressure (12 people, 5.19%)
- Urinary Tract Infection (10 people, 4.33%)
- Abnormal Behavior (8 people, 3.46%)
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Atenolol (44 people, 19.05%)
- Aspirin (31 people, 13.42%)
- Lorazepam (27 people, 11.69%)
- Simvastatin (26 people, 11.26%)
- Akineton (18 people, 7.79%)
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Rhabdomyolysis (58 people, 25.11%)
- Hypotension (40 people, 17.32%)
- Fever (28 people, 12.12%)
- Dehydration (26 people, 11.26%)
- Thrombocytopenia (23 people, 9.96%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Subscribe to the study: get notified of updates to the study.
Want to find out more about the FDA reports used in the study? You can request them from FDA.
Do you have Renal failure acute when taking Risperidone?
- Check symptoms - is renal failure acute caused by a drug or a condition?
- Get alerts to symptoms - forecast your symptoms and get alerts
- Report the side effect - help people in need and in real time
- Ask a question - ask a question related to the study
- write a post - share your experience related to the study
- More tools...
Expand the study to include all drugs with the same ingredientsRenal failure acute and drugs with ingredients of risperidone.
Expand the study to include reports from both FDA and eHealthMeRenal failure acute and Risperidone from FDA and eHealthMe reports
Risperidone has active ingredients of risperidone. It is often used in bipolar disorder. (latest outcomes from Risperidone 27,934 users)
Renal failure acute
Renal failure acute (rapid kidney dysfunction) has been reported by people with high blood pressure, type 2 diabetes, diabetes, pain (latest reports from 73,858 Renal failure acute patients).
Browse all side effects of Risperidonea b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Drugs that are associated with Renal failure acuteRenal failure acute
Could your condition cause Renal failure acuteRenal failure acute
Related publications that referenced our studies
- Ray RK, Bashir MA, Rao S, "Co-Administration of Risperidone and Sodium Valproate Causing Bilateral Chronic Exertional Lower Leg Compartment Syndrome", Open Journal of Orthopedics, 2014 Apr .
- Crouse EL, Alastanos JN, Bozymski KM, Toscano RA, "Dysphagia with second-generation antipsychotics: A case report and review of the literature", Mental Health Clinician, 2017 Jan .
- Alokaily FA, Alghamdi M, Almalki AS, Alhussaini H, "Aspirin induced leukocytoclastic vasculitis, lower gastrointestinal hemorrhage and acute renal failure (mimicking systemic vasculitis)", Saudi medical journal, 2013 Apr .
- Janardhana P, Nagaraj AK, Basavanna PL, "Risperidone-induced skin rash", Indian journal of psychiatry, 2016 Jan .
- Dsouza MC, "Could risperidone have caused the cataract?: A case report and review of literature", Journal of Research in Psychiatry and Behavioral Science, 2015 Jan .
- Dsouza MC, "COULD RISPERIDONE HAVE CAUSED THE CATARACT", JRPBS, 2015 Jan .
What would happen?
Questions to the study
My values were @ 60% and suddenly dropped to 40% in the space of three months.<br /> Doctors took me off Metformin and Piroxicam. I need the Piroxicam for arthritis and am having trouble moving and sleeping. Want suggestions for pain and stiffness. Can't work like this. Please help!
Hi, My son has autism with MR and has been on Risperdone for at least 10 years, but in the last 5 years I've noticed he has this intense hunger. In the last 2 years he has went from 230pds to 315 pds. I even changed his diet to more vegetables and lean meat, but he continues to gain and he gets ...
User posts to the study
My mother is 66 years old and has a mental illness believed to be bipolar with possible delusional disorder as well as cognitive impairment disease which we are in the process of getting second opinions and more neurological testing. As of right now she is 4mg of Risperidone and for two months. ...
Suffering from seemingly chronic and extreme insomnia since Feb, 2017. Sleep deprivation started while I was on Risperal 2 mg. I didn’t sleep a single night for about THREE months straight (I know it’s unheard of and thought to be impossible but I’m the living proof) until I slept for about two ...
I’ve been on Risperidone 1mg a day for a few weeks, and thinking of using a Cartinine supplement. I have ADHD and suspected Aspergers. I’m also a Vegetarian, hence the draw to Cartinine. I want to understand how these drugs interact, as they both affect Seratonin pathways.