Risperidone and Weight loss - a phase IV clinical study of FDA data
Weight loss is found among people who take Risperidone, especially for people who are male, 10-19 old, have been taking the drug for 2 - 5 years.
The phase IV clinical study analyzes which people take Risperidone and have Weight loss. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 61,258 people who have side effects when taking Risperidone from the FDA, and is updated regularly. You can use the study as a second opinion to make health care decisions.
Phase IV trials are used to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor drug effectiveness in the real world. With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe is running millions of phase IV trials and makes the results available to the public. Our original studies have been referenced on 600+ medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature.
61,258 people reported to have side effects when taking Risperidone.
Among them, 2,094 people (3.42%) have Weight loss.
What is Risperidone?
Risperidone has active ingredients of risperidone. It is often used in bipolar disorder. eHealthMe is studying from 62,585 Risperidone users for its effectiveness, alternative drugs and more.
What is Weight loss?
Weight loss is found to be associated with 2,715 drugs and 2,195 conditions by eHealthMe.
Number of Risperidone and Weight loss reports submitted per year:
Time on Risperidone when people have Weight loss *:
Gender of people who have Weight loss when taking Risperidone*:
Age of people who have Weight loss when taking Risperidone *:
Common drugs people take besides Risperidone *:
Common side effects people have besides Weight loss *:
Common conditions people have *:
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you take Risperidone and have Weight loss?Check whether Weight loss is associated with a drug or a condition
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Related publications that referenced our studies
- Janardhana P, Nagaraj AK, Basavanna PL, "Risperidone-induced skin rash", Indian journal of psychiatry, 2016 Jan .
- Dsouza MC, "Could risperidone have caused the cataract?: A case report and review of literature", Journal of Research in Psychiatry and Behavioral Science, 2015 Jan .
- Dsouza MC, "COULD RISPERIDONE HAVE CAUSED THE CATARACT", JRPBS, 2015 Jan .
- Ray RK, Bashir MA, Rao S, "Co-Administration of Risperidone and Sodium Valproate Causing Bilateral Chronic Exertional Lower Leg Compartment Syndrome", Open Journal of Orthopedics, 2014 Apr .
- Hosseini, S. H., & Ahmadi, A., "Peripheral edema occurring during treatment with risperidone combined with citalopram", Case reports in medicine, 2012 Jan .
How severe was Weight loss and when was it recovered:
Expand to all the drugs that have ingredients of risperidone:
- Weight loss and drugs with ingredients of risperidone (4,756 reports)
Alternative drugs to, pros and cons of Risperidone:
- Risperidone (62,585 reports)
Common Risperidone side effects:
- Gynecomastia (enlargement of the gland tissue of the male breast): 12,379 reports
- Weight increased: 4,720 reports
- Drug ineffective: 4,150 reports
- Drowsiness: 2,307 reports
- Weight loss: 2,103 reports
- Agitation (state of anxiety or nervous excitement): 2,025 reports
Browse all side effects of Risperidone:a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Weight loss treatments and more:
- Weight loss (50,722 reports)
COVID vaccines that are related to Weight loss:
- Weight loss in Moderna COVID Vaccine
- Weight loss in Pfizer BioNTech Covid Vaccine
- Weight loss in Johnson and Johnson Covid Vaccine
Common drugs associated with Weight loss:
- Risperdal: 4,515 reports
- Seroquel: 2,223 reports
- Risperidone: 2,094 reports
- Prednisone: 1,985 reports
- Zyprexa: 1,608 reports
- Methotrexate: 1,435 reports
- Metformin: 1,423 reports
- Humira: 1,377 reports
- Aspirin: 1,279 reports
- Abilify: 1,235 reports
All the drugs that are associated with Weight loss:
- Weight loss (2,715 drugs)
Common conditions associated with Weight loss:
- Depression: 2,066 reports
- Bipolar disorder: 1,904 reports
- Schizophrenia: 1,856 reports
- Attention deficit hyperactivity disorder: 1,335 reports
- High blood pressure: 1,334 reports
- Rheumatoid arthritis: 1,226 reports
- Pain: 1,051 reports
All the conditions that are associated with Weight loss:
- Weight loss (2,195 conditions)
How the study uses the data?
The study uses data from the FDA. It is based on risperidone (the active ingredients of Risperidone) and Risperidone (the brand name). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered. Dosage of drugs is not considered in the study.
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 600+ medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Adalat Cc and Appetite - Increased - 12 seconds ago
- Prednisolone and Ventricular Dysfunction - 15 seconds ago
- Influenza Like Illness and Interleukin-2 Receptor Increased - 15 seconds ago
- Theophylline and Abdominal Wall Haematoma - 19 seconds ago
- Kineret and Flank Pain - 20 seconds ago
- Tinnitus in Dulcolax, how severe and when it was recovered? - 25 seconds ago
- Rabeprazole and Biliary Tract Infection - 26 seconds ago
- Pyrazinamide and Placenta Abruptio - 26 seconds ago
- Dactinomycin and Blood Lactate Dehydrogenase Increased - 36 seconds ago
- Kanjinti and Stomatitis - 48 seconds ago