Ritalin la and Diabetes - from FDA reports
Diabetes is found among people who take Ritalin la, especially for people who are male, 10-19 old , have been taking the drug for 5 - 10 years, also take medication Zithromax, and have Eating disorder. This study is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 1,624 people who have side effects when taking Ritalin la from FDA, and is updated regularly.
How to use this study: bring a copy to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Who is eHealthMe: we are a data analysis company who specializes in health care industry. Our original studies have been referenced on 500+ peer-reviewed medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and EANO. On eHealthMe, you can research drugs and monitor them (see testimonials).
1,624 people reported to have side effects when taking Ritalin la.
Among them, 7 people (0.43%) have Diabetes
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on Ritalin la when people have Diabetes *:
- < 1 month: 0.0 %
- 1 - 6 months: 0.0 %
- 6 - 12 months: 0.0 %
Gender of people who have Diabetes when taking Ritalin la *:
- female: 33.33 %
- male: 66.67 %
Age of people who have Diabetes when taking Ritalin la *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 50 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Eating Disorder: 2 people, 28.57%
- Panic Disorder: 1 person, 14.29%
- Learning Disorder (the brain's disability to receive, process, store, respond to and communicate information): 1 person, 14.29%
- Depression: 1 person, 14.29%
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Zyprexa: 2 people, 28.57%
- Amoxicillin: 2 people, 28.57%
- Strattera: 2 people, 28.57%
- Concerta: 2 people, 28.57%
- Zithromax: 2 people, 28.57%
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Diabetic Ketoacidosis (diabetic ketoacidosis (dka) is high concentrations of ketone bodies): 2 people, 28.57%
- High Blood Cholesterol: 2 people, 28.57%
- Weight Loss: 1 person, 14.29%
- Drug Hypersensitivity: 1 person, 14.29%
- Anorexia (eating disorder characterized by immoderate food restriction and irrational fear of gaining weight): 1 person, 14.29%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
FDA reports used in this study
- Want to find out more about the FDA reports used in the study? You can request them from FDA.
Do you have Diabetes while taking Ritalin la?
You are not alone:
Ritalin la has active ingredients of methylphenidate hydrochloride. It is often used in attention deficit hyperactivity disorder. (latest outcomes from Ritalin la 1,889 users)
Diabetes has been reported by people with depression, high blood pressure, diabetes, bipolar disorder, rheumatoid arthritis (latest reports from 321,553 Diabetes patients).
Drugs that are associated with DiabetesDiabetes (2,515 drugs)
Could your condition cause DiabetesDiabetes (2,207 conditions)
Ritalin la side effects
- Ritalin la side effects (1,624 reports)
Browse all side effects of Ritalin laa b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Related publications that referenced our studies
- Yalcin O, Aslan AA, Sari BA, Turkbay T, "Possible methylphenidate related hoarseness and disturbances of voice quality: two pediatric cases", Klinik Psikofarmakoloji Bülteni-Bulletin of Clinical Psychopharmacology, 2012 Sep .
- Yektas Ç, Samurcu ND, Tufan AE, "Loss of Eyebrows (Madarosis) After Use of Long-Acting Methylphenidate: Case Report", Journal of Clinical Psychopharmacology, 2017 Aug .
- Coskun M, Adak I, "Excessive and frequent menstrual bleeding with methylphenidate in an adolescent girl with attention-deficit hyperactivity disorder", Journal of clinical psychopharmacology, 2017 Oct .
- Coskun M, Adak I, Akaltun I, "Bilateral gynecomastia in a preadolescent boy while under treatment with methylphenidate and paroxetine", Journal of clinical psychopharmacology, 2014 Aug .
- Lufi D, Bucherman M, Akita M, Cohen R, Sibani C, "The effect of methylphenidate on speech patterns of children with attention deficit disorder", Journal of Behavioral Health, 2015 Jan .
- Ersoy MA, Ersoy HT, "Manic symptoms associated with isotretinoin and methylphenidate combination: a case report", Klinik Psikofarmakoloji Bülteni-Bulletin of Clinical Psychopharmacology, 2014 Sep .
What would happen?
- Will you have Acne with Multaq?
- Will you have Chest Pain with Blood Pressure - High?
- Will you have Painful Chest with Blood Pressure - High?
- Will you have Chest Tightness with Blood Pressure - High?
- Will you have Chest Discomfort with Blood Pressure - High?
- Will you have Chest Tightness Or Pressure with Blood Pressure - High?
- Will you have Flushing with Magnesium Trisilicate?
- Will you have Mood Stabilizer with Primary Myelofibrosis?
- Will you have Mood Altered with Primary Myelofibrosis?
- Will you have Mood Swings with Primary Myelofibrosis?
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.