Ritalin and A-fib - from FDA reports
A-fib is found among people who take Ritalin, especially for people who are male, 60+ old , have been taking the drug for 1 - 6 months, also take medication Prevacid, and have Osteoporosis. This review analyzes which people have A-fib with Ritalin. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 16,196 people who have side effects when taking Ritalin from FDA , and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Nov, 19, 2017
16,196 people reported to have side effects when taking Ritalin.
Among them, 92 people (0.57%) have A-fib
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on Ritalin when people have A-fib *:
- < 1 month: 12.5 %
- 1 - 6 months: 62.5 %
- 6 - 12 months: 0.0 %
- 1 - 2 years: 0.0 %
- 2 - 5 years: 0.0 %
- 5 - 10 years: 0.0 %
- 10+ years: 25.0 %
Gender of people who have A-fib when taking Ritalin *:
- female: 30.34 %
- male: 69.66 %
Age of people who have A-fib when taking Ritalin *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 1.45 %
- 10-19: 2.9 %
- 20-29: 10.14 %
- 30-39: 2.9 %
- 40-49: 18.84 %
- 50-59: 11.59 %
- 60+: 52.17 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Osteoporosis (14 people, 15.22%)
- Inflammation (5 people, 5.43%)
- Lung Cancer - Non-Small Cell (4 people, 4.35%)
- Erection Problems (4 people, 4.35%)
- Bronchitis (4 people, 4.35%)
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Prevacid (22 people, 23.91%)
- Wellbutrin (18 people, 19.57%)
- Prednisone (18 people, 19.57%)
- Zoloft (17 people, 18.48%)
- Digoxin (17 people, 18.48%)
Top other side effects for these people *:
- High Blood Pressure (26 people, 28.26%)
- Dehydration (19 people, 20.65%)
- Chest Pain (19 people, 20.65%)
- Oedema Peripheral (18 people, 19.57%)
- Herpes Zoster (18 people, 19.57%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Subscribe to the study: get notified of updates to the study.
Want to find out more about the FDA reports used in the study? You can request them from FDA.
Do you have A-fib when taking Ritalin?
- Check symptoms - is a-fib caused by a drug or a condition?
- Get alerts to symptoms - forecast your symptoms and get alerts
- Join related support groups - you are not alone, join a support group on ehealth.me
- Report the side effect - help people in need and in real time
- Ask a question - ask a question related to the study
- write a review - share your experience related to the study
- More tools...
Expand the study to include all drugs with the same ingredientsA-fib and drugs with ingredients of methylphenidate hydrochloride.
Expand the study to include reports from both FDA and eHealthMeA-fib and Ritalin from FDA and eHealthMe reports
Ritalin has active ingredients of methylphenidate hydrochloride. It is often used in attention deficit hyperactivity disorder. (latest outcomes from Ritalin 18,720 users)
A-fib (most common type of arrhythmia) has been reported by people with atrial fibrillation/flutter, high blood pressure, diabetes, multiple myeloma, rheumatoid arthritis (latest reports from 181,336 A-fib patients).
Browse all side effects of Ritalina b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Drugs that are associated with A-fibA-fib
Could your condition cause A-fibA-fib
What would happen?
Questions to the study
I'm having an MRI for my lower back and am claustrophobic. My doc prescribed me 3 x 1 mg tablets of Lorazepam to be taken one a day starting two days before. That sounds like a recipe for not getting any work done, so I googled and found they recommend one tab 1 to 2 hours before and a second ...
I'm 23 years and I have had vitiligo since I was 9 years old. I started taking Ritalin at the age of 19 when I was diagnosed with ADHD however I have not seen any aggravation during this time. It's remained in its place. I started smoking at 22 last year and just last week I noticed a new patch ...
Has anyone booked good results in using Taurine and L Argine or other supplements in conquering Afib or/and PVC's? I'm recovering from Ablation a view months ago and still have a lots of PVC's and read a lot about these supplements. henk