Ritalin and Anger - a phase IV clinical study of FDA data
Anger is found among people who take Ritalin, especially for people who are male, 10-19 old, have been taking the drug for 1 - 2 years.
The phase IV clinical study analyzes which people take Ritalin and have Anger. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 23,232 people who have side effects when taking Ritalin from the FDA, and is updated regularly. You can use the study as a second opinion to make health care decisions.
With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe enables everyone to run phase IV clinical trial to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor effectiveness. Our original studies have been referenced on 600+ peer-reviewed medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Most recently, phase IV clinial trails for COVID 19 vaccines have been added, check here.
23,232 people reported to have side effects when taking Ritalin.
Among them, 222 people (0.96%) have Anger.
What is Ritalin?
Ritalin has active ingredients of methylphenidate hydrochloride. It is often used in attention deficit hyperactivity disorder. eHealthMe is studying from 26,152 Ritalin users for its effectiveness, alternative drugs and more.
What is Anger?
Anger is found to be associated with 2,076 drugs and 1,544 conditions by eHealthMe.
Number of Ritalin and Anger reports submitted per year:
Time on Ritalin when people have Anger *:
Gender of people who have Anger when taking Ritalin*:
Age of people who have Anger when taking Ritalin *:
Common drugs people take besides Ritalin *:
Common side effects people have besides Anger *:
Common conditions people have *:
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you take Ritalin and have Anger?Check whether Anger is associated with a drug or a condition
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Related publications that referenced our studies
- Coskun M, Adak I, "Excessive and frequent menstrual bleeding with methylphenidate in an adolescent girl with attention-deficit hyperactivity disorder", Journal of clinical psychopharmacology, 2017 Oct .
- Yektas ?, Samurcu ND, Tufan AE, "Loss of Eyebrows (Madarosis) After Use of Long-Acting Methylphenidate: Case Report", Journal of Clinical Psychopharmacology, 2017 Aug .
- Ersoy MA, Ersoy HT, "Manic symptoms associated with isotretinoin and methylphenidate combination: a case report", Klinik Psikofarmakoloji Bülteni-Bulletin of Clinical Psychopharmacology, 2014 Sep .
- Coskun M, Adak I, Akaltun I, "Bilateral gynecomastia in a preadolescent boy while under treatment with methylphenidate and paroxetine", Journal of clinical psychopharmacology, 2014 Aug .
- Adak, I., & Coskun, M. , "Symptomatic cholelithiasis associated with combined use of methylphenidate and fluoxetine in an otherwise healthy adolescent girl", Psychiatry and Clinical Psychopharmacology, 2014 Jan .
- Coskun, M., & Adak, I. , "Excessive and frequent menstrual bleeding with methylphenidate in an adolescent girl with attention-deficit hyperactivity disorder", Journal of clinical psychopharmacology, 2014 Jan .
- Yalcin O, Aslan AA, Sari BA, Turkbay T, "Possible methylphenidate related hoarseness and disturbances of voice quality: two pediatric cases", Klinik Psikofarmakoloji Bülteni-Bulletin of Clinical Psychopharmacology, 2012 Sep .
- Lufi D, Bucherman M, Akita M, Cohen R, Sibani C, "The effect of methylphenidate on speech patterns of children with attention deficit disorder", Journal of Behavioral Health, 2012 Jan .
Alternative drugs to, pros and cons of Ritalin:
- Ritalin (26,152 reports)
Anger treatments and more:
- Anger (35,658 reports)
COVID vaccines that are related to Anger:
- Anger in Moderna COVID Vaccine
- Anger in Pfizer BioNTech Covid Vaccine
- Anger in Johnson and Johnson Covid Vaccine
How severe was Anger and when was it recovered:
Expand to all the drugs that have ingredients of methylphenidate hydrochloride:
Common drugs associated with Anger:
All the drugs that are associated with Anger:
- Anger (2,076 drugs)
Common conditions associated with Anger:
All the conditions that are associated with Anger:
- Anger (1,544 conditions)
How the study uses the data?
The study uses data from the FDA. It is based on methylphenidate hydrochloride (the active ingredients of Ritalin) and Ritalin (the brand name). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered. Dosage of drugs is not considered in the study.
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 600+ peer-reviewed medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Pantoprazole and Synovial Fluid Analysis Abnormal - a second ago
- Cyclophosphamide and Ectopic Pregnancy - 3 seconds ago
- Avandia and Pulmonary Thrombosis - 8 seconds ago
- Oxytocin and Ards (Acute Respiratory Distress Syndrome) - 10 seconds ago
- Prevacid and Thrombocytopenia - 15 seconds ago