Will you have Back disorder with Ritalin - from FDA reports
Back disorder is found among people who take Ritalin, especially for people who are female, 40-49 old , have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Xyrem, and have Cataplexy. This study is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 18,703 people who have side effects when taking Ritalin from FDA, and is updated regularly.
eHealthMe is a health data analysis company based in Mountain View, California. eHealthMe monitors and analyzes the outcomes of drugs and supplements that are currently on the market. The results are readily available to health care professionals and consumers.
eHealthMe has released original studies on market drugs and worked with leading universities and institutions such as IBM, London Health Science Centre, Mayo Clinic, Northwestern University and VA. eHealthMe studies have now been referenced in over 500 peer-reviewed medical publications.
How we gather our data?
Healthcare data is obtained from a number of sources including the Food and Drug Administration (FDA). This information is aggregated and used to produce personalized reports that patients can reference.
The information that eHealthMe collects includes:
- Side effects (including severity and how people recover from them)
- Associated conditions or symptoms
- Drug effectiveness
- Demographic data regarding drug use
How the study uses the data?
The study is based on methylphenidate hydrochloride (the active ingredients of Ritalin) and Ritalin (the brand name). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered. Synonyms of Back disorder are also considered in the study.
What is Ritalin?
Ritalin has active ingredients of methylphenidate hydrochloride. It is often used in attention deficit hyperactivity disorder. (latest outcomes from Ritalin 21,228 users)
What is Back disorder?
Back disorder has been reported by people with osteoporosis, multiple sclerosis, rheumatoid arthritis, pain, high blood cholesterol (latest reports from 14,147 Back disorder patients).
How to use the study?
Patients can bring a copy of the report to their healthcare provider to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood. It is recommended that patients use the information presented as a part of a broader decision-making process.
18,703 people reported to have side effects when taking Ritalin.
Among them, 35 people (0.19%) have Back disorder
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on Ritalin when people have Back disorder *:
- < 1 month: 66.67 %
- 1 - 6 months: 33.33 %
- 6 - 12 months: 0.0 %
- 1 - 2 years: 0.0 %
- 2 - 5 years: 0.0 %
- 5 - 10 years: 0.0 %
- 10+ years: 0.0 %
Gender of people who have Back disorder when taking Ritalin *:
- female: 68.57 %
- male: 31.43 %
Age of people who have Back disorder when taking Ritalin *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 0.0 %
- 30-39: 12.5 %
- 40-49: 37.5 %
- 50-59: 31.25 %
- 60+: 18.75 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Cataplexy (loss of muscle tone accompanied by full conscious awareness): 12 people, 34.29%
- Multiple Sclerosis (a nervous system disease that affects your brain and spinal cord. it damages the myelin sheath): 5 people, 14.29%
- Pain: 4 people, 11.43%
- Spinal Column Stenosis (narrowing of spinal column): 2 people, 5.71%
- Neuralgia (pain in one or more nerves): 2 people, 5.71%
- Sleep Disorder: 2 people, 5.71%
- Enlarged Prostate: 1 person, 2.86%
- Androgenetic Alopecia (common form of hair loss): 1 person, 2.86%
- Bipolar Disorder (mood disorder): 1 person, 2.86%
- Colon Cancer: 1 person, 2.86%
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Xyrem: 21 people, 60.00%
- Synthroid: 6 people, 17.14%
- Flexeril: 6 people, 17.14%
- Klonopin: 5 people, 14.29%
- Zoloft: 5 people, 14.29%
- Prilosec: 5 people, 14.29%
- Lyrica: 4 people, 11.43%
- Norco: 4 people, 11.43%
- Effexor: 4 people, 11.43%
- Cymbalta: 4 people, 11.43%
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Insomnia (sleeplessness): 5 people, 14.29%
- Intervertebral Disc Protrusion (spinal disc protrusion): 5 people, 14.29%
- Fall: 5 people, 14.29%
- Drug Ineffective: 5 people, 14.29%
- Muscle Spasms (muscle contraction): 4 people, 11.43%
- Pre-Existing Condition Improved: 4 people, 11.43%
- High Blood Pressure: 4 people, 11.43%
- Memory Loss: 4 people, 11.43%
- Back Pain: 3 people, 8.57%
- Weakness: 3 people, 8.57%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you have Back disorder while taking Ritalin?
- Check whether a drug or a condition causes Back disorder
- Subscribe to monitor Back disorder in Ritalin
- Subscribe to monitor Ritalin
You are not alone:
- Connect with people like you who take Ritalin and have Back disorder
- Use your healthcare experience to help people like you, and be rewarded
Related publications that referenced our studies
- Yalcin O, Aslan AA, Sari BA, Turkbay T, "Possible methylphenidate related hoarseness and disturbances of voice quality: two pediatric cases", Klinik Psikofarmakoloji Bülteni-Bulletin of Clinical Psychopharmacology, 2012 Sep .
- Yektas Ç, Samurcu ND, Tufan AE, "Loss of Eyebrows (Madarosis) After Use of Long-Acting Methylphenidate: Case Report", Journal of Clinical Psychopharmacology, 2017 Aug .
- Coskun M, Adak I, "Excessive and frequent menstrual bleeding with methylphenidate in an adolescent girl with attention-deficit hyperactivity disorder", Journal of clinical psychopharmacology, 2017 Oct .
- Coskun M, Adak I, Akaltun I, "Bilateral gynecomastia in a preadolescent boy while under treatment with methylphenidate and paroxetine", Journal of clinical psychopharmacology, 2014 Aug .
- Lufi D, Bucherman M, Akita M, Cohen R, Sibani C, "The effect of methylphenidate on speech patterns of children with attention deficit disorder", Journal of Behavioral Health, 2015 Jan .
- Ersoy MA, Ersoy HT, "Manic symptoms associated with isotretinoin and methylphenidate combination: a case report", Klinik Psikofarmakoloji Bülteni-Bulletin of Clinical Psychopharmacology, 2014 Sep .
Drugs that are associated with Back disorderBack disorder (1,375 drugs)
Could your condition cause Back disorderBack disorder (1,067 conditions)
Ritalin side effects
- Ritalin side effects (18,712 reports)
Browse side effects by gender and age
Browse all side effects of Ritalina b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Compare Ritalin with similar drugs
- Ritalin vs. Abilify
- Ritalin vs. Adderall
- Ritalin vs. Adderall 10
- Ritalin vs. Adderall 12.5
- Ritalin vs. Adderall 15
- Ritalin vs. Adderall 20
- Ritalin vs. Adderall 30
- Ritalin vs. Adderall 5
- Ritalin vs. Adderall 7.5
- Ritalin vs. Adderall xr 10
- Ritalin vs. Adderall xr 15
- Ritalin vs. Adderall xr 20
- Ritalin vs. Adderall xr 25
- Ritalin vs. Adderall xr 30
- Ritalin vs. Adderall xr 5
- Ritalin vs. Amantadine hydrochloride
- Ritalin vs. Amphetamine asp amphetamine sulf dextroamphet saccharate & dextr sulf
- Ritalin vs. Amphetamine salt combo
- Ritalin vs. Amphetamine sulfate
- Ritalin vs. Armodafinil
- Ritalin vs. Atomoxetine
- Ritalin vs. Atomoxetine hydrochloride
- Ritalin vs. Bupropion hydrochloride
- Ritalin vs. Celexa
- Ritalin vs. Clonazepam
- Ritalin vs. Clonidine
- Ritalin vs. Clonidine hydrochloride
- Ritalin vs. Cymbalta
- Ritalin vs. Daytrana
- Ritalin vs. Depakote
- Ritalin vs. Desoxyn
- Ritalin vs. Dexampex
- Ritalin vs. Dexedrine
- Ritalin vs. Dexmethylphenidate hydrochloride
- Ritalin vs. Dextroamphetamine sulfate
- Ritalin vs. Dextroamp saccharate, amp aspartate, dextroamp sulfate and amp sulfate
- Ritalin vs. Dextrostat
- Ritalin vs. Effexor
- Ritalin vs. Effexor xr
- Ritalin vs. Evekeo
- Ritalin vs. Fish oil
- Ritalin vs. Fluoxetine hydrochloride
- Ritalin vs. Focalin
- Ritalin vs. Focalin xr
- Ritalin vs. Gabapentin
- Ritalin vs. Guanfacine hydrochloride
- Ritalin vs. Intuniv
- Ritalin vs. Invega
- Ritalin vs. Kapvay
- Ritalin vs. Klonopin
- Ritalin vs. Lamictal
- Ritalin vs. Lamotrigine
- Ritalin vs. Lexapro
- Ritalin vs. Lithium carbonate
- Ritalin vs. Marijuana
- Ritalin vs. Melatonin
- Ritalin vs. Methamphetamine hydrochloride
- Ritalin vs. Modafinil
- Ritalin vs. Namenda
- Ritalin vs. Nuvigil
- Ritalin vs. Paxil
- Ritalin vs. Phentermine
- Ritalin vs. Provigil
- Ritalin vs. Prozac
- Ritalin vs. Risperdal
- Ritalin vs. Risperidone
- Ritalin vs. Seroquel
- Ritalin vs. Strattera
- Ritalin vs. Tenex
- Ritalin vs. Trazodone hydrochloride
- Ritalin vs. Venlafaxine hydrochloride
- Ritalin vs. Vyvanse
- Ritalin vs. Wellbutrin
- Ritalin vs. Wellbutrin sr
- Ritalin vs. Wellbutrin xl
- Ritalin vs. Xanax
- Ritalin vs. Zoloft
What would happen?
FDA reports used in this study
- Want to find out more about the FDA reports used in the study? You can request them from FDA.
Recent general studies
- Will you have Rhinitis Allergic with Sjogren Syndrome? - a second ago
- Will you have Nasal Allergies with Sjogren Syndrome? - a second ago
- Will you have Hay Fever with Sjogren Syndrome? - a second ago
- Will you have Allergic Rhinitis with Sjogren Syndrome? - a second ago
- Cefprozil and Quartette drug interaction - 3 seconds ago
- Will you have Diaper Dermatitis - Irritant-Induced with Digoxin? - 3 seconds ago
- Will you have Adrenal Glomerular Zone Abnormal with Mirapex? - 4 seconds ago
- Toviaz and Pacific Kelp drug interaction - 6 seconds ago
- Will you have Pain - Heel with Sustiva? - 6 seconds ago
- Will you have Pain Exacerbated with Hypoxis Rooperi? - 7 seconds ago
Recent personal studies
- A study for a 77 year old woman who takes Effexor, Zantac 150 - 3 hours ago
- A study for a 58 year old man who takes Sinemet Cr, Baclofen - 4 hours ago
- Drug comparison of Coco Palm, Ambien for a 21 year old man - 7 hours ago
- A study for a 23 year old woman who takes Accutane - 11 hours ago
- A study for a 74 year old woman who takes Latisse - 11 hours ago
- Prediction of Viibryd, Vyvanse for a 59 year old man - 12 hours ago
- A study for a 62 year old woman who takes Claritin, Letrozole, Lipitor, Levothyroxine Sodium, Effexor Xr, Trazodone Hydrochloride - 12 hours ago
- Prediction of Wheat Grass for a 46 year old woman - 12 hours ago
- A study for a 67 year old woman who takes Escitalopram - 13 hours ago
- A study for a 28 year old woman who takes Hydroxyzine, Benzonatate - 14 hours ago
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.