Ritalin and Back disorder - from FDA reports
Back disorder is found among people who take Ritalin, especially for people who are female, 50-59 old , have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Xyrem, and have Cataplexy. This review analyzes which people have Back disorder with Ritalin. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 16,196 people who have side effects when taking Ritalin from FDA, and is updated regularly.
16,196 people reported to have side effects when taking Ritalin.
Among them, 29 people (0.18%) have Back disorder
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on Ritalin when people have Back disorder *:
- < 1 month: 100 %
- 1 - 6 months: 0.0 %
- 6 - 12 months: 0.0 %
- 1 - 2 years: 0.0 %
- 2 - 5 years: 0.0 %
- 5 - 10 years: 0.0 %
- 10+ years: 0.0 %
Gender of people who have Back disorder when taking Ritalin *:
- female: 65.52 %
- male: 34.48 %
Age of people who have Back disorder when taking Ritalin *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 0.0 %
- 30-39: 14.29 %
- 40-49: 28.57 %
- 50-59: 35.71 %
- 60+: 21.43 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Cataplexy (loss of muscle tone accompanied by full conscious awareness): 9 people, 31.03%
- Multiple Sclerosis (a nervous system disease that affects your brain and spinal cord. it damages the myelin sheath): 5 people, 17.24%
- Pain: 4 people, 13.79%
- Spinal Column Stenosis (narrowing of spinal column): 2 people, 6.90%
- Neuralgia (pain in one or more nerves): 2 people, 6.90%
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Xyrem: 15 people, 51.72%
- Flexeril: 6 people, 20.69%
- Prilosec: 5 people, 17.24%
- Klonopin: 5 people, 17.24%
- Synthroid: 5 people, 17.24%
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Drug Ineffective: 4 people, 13.79%
- Fall: 4 people, 13.79%
- Muscle Spasms (muscle contraction): 4 people, 13.79%
- Insomnia (sleeplessness): 4 people, 13.79%
- Intervertebral Disc Protrusion (spinal disc protrusion): 4 people, 13.79%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
- Check whether a drug or a condition causes Back disorder
- You are not alone, connect with people like you
You could also:
- Personalize and monitor this study
- Volunteer or get paid with your care experience as a Care Guide
- Print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
- Want to find out more about the FDA reports used in the study? You can request them from FDA.
- Order discounted lab tests to monitor your medications, no doctor referral required
Ritalin has active ingredients of methylphenidate hydrochloride. It is often used in attention deficit hyperactivity disorder. (latest outcomes from Ritalin 18,721 users)
Back disorder has been reported by people with osteoporosis, multiple sclerosis, rheumatoid arthritis, pain, high blood cholesterol (latest reports from 11,926 Back disorder patients).
Drugs that are associated with Back disorderBack disorder (1,338 drugs)
Could your condition cause Back disorderBack disorder (1,064 conditions)
Ritalin side effects
- Ritalin side effects (16,205 reports)
Browse all side effects of Ritalina b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Related publications that referenced our studies
- Yalcin O, Aslan AA, Sari BA, Turkbay T, "Possible methylphenidate related hoarseness and disturbances of voice quality: two pediatric cases", Klinik Psikofarmakoloji Bülteni-Bulletin of Clinical Psychopharmacology, 2012 Sep .
- Yektas Ç, Samurcu ND, Tufan AE, "Loss of Eyebrows (Madarosis) After Use of Long-Acting Methylphenidate: Case Report", Journal of Clinical Psychopharmacology, 2017 Aug .
- Coskun M, Adak I, "Excessive and frequent menstrual bleeding with methylphenidate in an adolescent girl with attention-deficit hyperactivity disorder", Journal of clinical psychopharmacology, 2017 Oct .
- Coskun M, Adak I, Akaltun I, "Bilateral gynecomastia in a preadolescent boy while under treatment with methylphenidate and paroxetine", Journal of clinical psychopharmacology, 2014 Aug .
- Lufi D, Bucherman M, Akita M, Cohen R, Sibani C, "The effect of methylphenidate on speech patterns of children with attention deficit disorder", Journal of Behavioral Health, 2015 Jan .
- Ersoy MA, Ersoy HT, "Manic symptoms associated with isotretinoin and methylphenidate combination: a case report", Klinik Psikofarmakoloji Bülteni-Bulletin of Clinical Psychopharmacology, 2014 Sep .
What would happen?
You are not alone. Join our personalized support groups:
- Support group for people who take Ritalin and have Back Disorder
- Support group for people who have Back Disorder
- Support group for people who take Ritalin
You may be interested in these posts
- Greetings, I have taken 10mg Ritalin 4x a day for a the last 13yrs. It was prescribed to offset side effects of other drugs I was prescribed. I don't feel 'high' when taking Ritalin but it does keep me going and fights off fatigue. For the last few years I feel horrible joint pain when 'coming...
- Hi, I have been taking ritalin for
- Female who was lately diagnosed with ADHD .. took both l.tyrosone 2000mg and 20 mg Ritalin sr .
- Been on Ritalin for about 2 months and just noticed today that I am having 3-4 bowel movements a day. THIS is TOTALLY different for me as I have IBS and sometimes cannot go for a week. This has never happened. They put me on over the counter Sam-E for mood in order to "help" the Ritalin work. I...
- Why do i get dry mouth when I take about 3-4 of my methylphenidate IR 20mg? I know its a side effect of the drug Ritalin, but why is it? What does it do to the inside of the body after a person takes it?
- Will you have Weight with Robaxin?
- Will you have Tension with Wellbutrin?
- Will you have Haemorrhage Intracranial with Amlodipine?
- Will you have Blood Lactic Acid Increased with Lyrica?
- Will you have Heart Fibrillation with Heparin?
Active Support Groups
- Support group for people who take Robaxin and have Weight?
- Support group for people who take Wellbutrin and have Tension?
- Support group for people who take Amlodipine and have Haemorrhage Intracranial?
- Support group for people who take Lyrica and have Blood Lactic Acid Increased?
- Support group for people who take Heparin and have Heart Fibrillation?
- hi im chrystina ill write more when i know that the entire heartfelt letter i just got done writing...
- I’m currently on day three of kflex and my resting heartbeat has been over 100 for two solid days...
- Hi all So glad this group is here! All these strange symptoms that come with aging/menopause. ...
- Hi all, My name is Marlayne and I have stage 4 metastatic breast cancer. First diagnosed in 1996...
- I've been taking Clonazepam for yrs now recently experiencing Dehydration I'm 78 hiv+ 6 months ago...
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.