Ritalin and Bacteremic shock - from FDA reports
Bacteremic shock is found among people who take Ritalin, especially for people who are male, 60+ old also take medication Lomotil, and have Multiple myeloma. This review analyzes which people have Bacteremic shock with Ritalin. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 16,196 people who have side effects when taking Ritalin from FDA, and is updated regularly.
16,196 people reported to have side effects when taking Ritalin.
Among them, 13 people (0.08%) have Bacteremic shock
Number of reports submitted per year:
Gender of people who have Bacteremic shock when taking Ritalin *:
- female: 25 %
- male: 75 %
Age of people who have Bacteremic shock when taking Ritalin *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 8.33 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 8.33 %
- 30-39: 0.0 %
- 40-49: 16.67 %
- 50-59: 16.67 %
- 60+: 50.0 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Multiple Myeloma (cancer of the plasma cells): 5 people, 38.46%
- Multiple Sclerosis (a nervous system disease that affects your brain and spinal cord. it damages the myelin sheath): 2 people, 15.38%
- Wheezing (a high-pitched whistling sound made while you breath): 1 person, 7.69%
- Torticollis (a twisted neck in which the head is tipped to one side, while the chin is turned to the other): 1 person, 7.69%
- Restrictive Pulmonary Disease (reduction in total lung capacity): 1 person, 7.69%
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Lasix: 6 people, 46.15%
- Fluconazole: 6 people, 46.15%
- Lomotil: 6 people, 46.15%
- Celexa: 5 people, 38.46%
- Aredia: 5 people, 38.46%
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Febrile Neutropenia (fever with reduced white blood cells): 6 people, 46.15%
- Pleural Effusion (water on the lungs): 5 people, 38.46%
- Pulmonary Alveolar Haemorrhage (acute bleeding): 4 people, 30.77%
- Disease Progression: 4 people, 30.77%
- Pneumonia Fungal: 4 people, 30.77%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
- Check whether a drug or a condition causes Bacteremic shock
- You are not alone, connect with people like you
- Subscribe to monitor Bacteremic shock in Ritalin
- Become a Care Guide with your experience in Ritalin and Bacteremic shock
You could also:
- Print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
- Want to find out more about the FDA reports used in the study? You can request them from FDA.
- Order discounted lab tests to monitor your medications, no doctor referral required
Ritalin has active ingredients of methylphenidate hydrochloride. It is often used in attention deficit hyperactivity disorder. (latest outcomes from Ritalin 18,721 users)
Bacteremic shock (septic shock caused by the release of toxins by bacteria) has been reported by people with rheumatoid arthritis, multiple myeloma, high blood pressure, preventive health care, pain (latest reports from 24,741 Bacteremic shock patients).
Drugs that are associated with Bacteremic shockBacteremic shock (1,354 drugs)
Could your condition cause Bacteremic shockBacteremic shock (2,356 conditions)
Ritalin side effects
- Ritalin side effects (16,205 reports)
Browse all side effects of Ritalina b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Related publications that referenced our studies
- Yalcin O, Aslan AA, Sari BA, Turkbay T, "Possible methylphenidate related hoarseness and disturbances of voice quality: two pediatric cases", Klinik Psikofarmakoloji Bülteni-Bulletin of Clinical Psychopharmacology, 2012 Sep .
- Yektas Ç, Samurcu ND, Tufan AE, "Loss of Eyebrows (Madarosis) After Use of Long-Acting Methylphenidate: Case Report", Journal of Clinical Psychopharmacology, 2017 Aug .
- Coskun M, Adak I, "Excessive and frequent menstrual bleeding with methylphenidate in an adolescent girl with attention-deficit hyperactivity disorder", Journal of clinical psychopharmacology, 2017 Oct .
- Coskun M, Adak I, Akaltun I, "Bilateral gynecomastia in a preadolescent boy while under treatment with methylphenidate and paroxetine", Journal of clinical psychopharmacology, 2014 Aug .
- Lufi D, Bucherman M, Akita M, Cohen R, Sibani C, "The effect of methylphenidate on speech patterns of children with attention deficit disorder", Journal of Behavioral Health, 2015 Jan .
- Ersoy MA, Ersoy HT, "Manic symptoms associated with isotretinoin and methylphenidate combination: a case report", Klinik Psikofarmakoloji Bülteni-Bulletin of Clinical Psychopharmacology, 2014 Sep .
What would happen?
You are not alone. Join our personalized support groups:
- Support group for people who take Ritalin and have Bacteremic Shock
- Support group for people who have Bacteremic Shock
- Support group for people who take Ritalin
You may be interested in these posts
- Greetings, I have taken 10mg Ritalin 4x a day for a the last 13yrs. It was prescribed to offset side effects of other drugs I was prescribed. I don't feel 'high' when taking Ritalin but it does keep me going and fights off fatigue. For the last few years I feel horrible joint pain when 'coming...
- Hi, I have been taking ritalin for
- Female who was lately diagnosed with ADHD .. took both l.tyrosone 2000mg and 20 mg Ritalin sr .
- Been on Ritalin for about 2 months and just noticed today that I am having 3-4 bowel movements a day. THIS is TOTALLY different for me as I have IBS and sometimes cannot go for a week. This has never happened. They put me on over the counter Sam-E for mood in order to "help" the Ritalin work. I...
- Why do i get dry mouth when I take about 3-4 of my methylphenidate IR 20mg? I know its a side effect of the drug Ritalin, but why is it? What does it do to the inside of the body after a person takes it?
- Will you have Oral Candidiasis with Sodium Bicarbonate?
- Will you have Multiple Allergies with Hctz?
- What to expect when you take Zyrtec and have Perineal Cyst?
- What to expect when you take Levoxyl and have Epimenorrhea?
- Will you have Psoriatic Arthritis with Seasonal Allergy?
Active Support Groups
- Support group for people who take Sodium Bicarbonate and have Oral Candidiasis?
- Support group for people who take Hctz and have Multiple Allergies?
- Support group for people who have Seasonal Allergy and Psoriatic Arthritis?
- Support group for people who take Copegus and have Malnutrition?
- Support group for people who have Seasonal Allergy and Dry Eyes?
- Hi my name is Ivan and I just been diagnosed with both conditions
- Hi. Can you tell me more about what’s causing you distress? Hope is necessary. God is with you.
- Hey try Epson salts. The stuff most folks use for bath water. Read the back of it and it tells you...
- HI I am a female 75 years old. Have been on imbruvica for 3 years was on stronger dose, have kidney...
- Very red face but only have 1 1/2 days left of the subscription. Safe to finish?
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.