Will you have Bacteremic shock with Ritalin - from FDA reports
Bacteremic shock is found among people who take Ritalin, especially for people who are male, 60+ old also take medication Lomotil, and have Multiple myeloma. This study is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 18,703 people who have side effects when taking Ritalin from FDA, and is updated regularly.
eHealthMe is a health data analysis company based in Mountain View, California. eHealthMe monitors and analyzes the outcomes of drugs and supplements that are currently on the market. The results are readily available to health care professionals and consumers.
eHealthMe has released original studies on market drugs and worked with leading universities and institutions such as IBM, London Health Science Centre, Mayo Clinic, Northwestern University and VA. eHealthMe studies have now been referenced in over 500 peer-reviewed medical publications.
How we gather our data?
Healthcare data is obtained from a number of sources including the Food and Drug Administration (FDA). This information is aggregated and used to produce personalized reports that patients can reference.
The information that eHealthMe collects includes:
- Side effects (including severity and how people recover from them)
- Associated conditions or symptoms
- Drug effectiveness
- Demographic data regarding drug use
How the study uses the data?
The study is based on methylphenidate hydrochloride (the active ingredients of Ritalin) and Ritalin (the brand name). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered. Synonyms of Bacteremic shock are also considered in the study.
What is Ritalin?
Ritalin has active ingredients of methylphenidate hydrochloride. It is often used in attention deficit hyperactivity disorder. (latest outcomes from Ritalin 21,228 users)
What is Bacteremic shock?
Bacteremic shock (septic shock caused by the release of toxins by bacteria) has been reported by people with rheumatoid arthritis, multiple myeloma, high blood pressure, preventive health care, pain (latest reports from 29,648 Bacteremic shock patients).
How to use the study?
Patients can bring a copy of the report to their healthcare provider to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood. It is recommended that patients use the information presented as a part of a broader decision-making process.
18,703 people reported to have side effects when taking Ritalin.
Among them, 14 people (0.07%) have Bacteremic shock
Number of reports submitted per year:
Gender of people who have Bacteremic shock when taking Ritalin *:
- female: 30.77 %
- male: 69.23 %
Age of people who have Bacteremic shock when taking Ritalin *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 8.33 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 8.33 %
- 30-39: 0.0 %
- 40-49: 16.67 %
- 50-59: 16.67 %
- 60+: 50.0 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Multiple Myeloma (cancer of the plasma cells): 5 people, 35.71%
- Psoriatic Arthropathy (inflammation of the skin and joints with kin condition which typically causes patches (plaques) of red, scaly skin to develop): 2 people, 14.29%
- Multiple Sclerosis (a nervous system disease that affects your brain and spinal cord. it damages the myelin sheath): 2 people, 14.29%
- Wheezing (a high-pitched whistling sound made while you breath): 1 person, 7.14%
- Torticollis (a twisted neck in which the head is tipped to one side, while the chin is turned to the other): 1 person, 7.14%
- Restrictive Pulmonary Disease (reduction in total lung capacity): 1 person, 7.14%
- Pollakiuria (abnormally frequent passage of relatively small quantities or urine): 1 person, 7.14%
- Pain: 1 person, 7.14%
- Muscle Spasticity (tight or stiff muscles and an inability to control those muscles): 1 person, 7.14%
- Graft Versus Host Disease (the donated bone marrow or stem cells view the recipient's body as foreign, and the donated cells/bone marrow attack the body): 1 person, 7.14%
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Fluconazole: 6 people, 42.86%
- Lasix: 6 people, 42.86%
- Lomotil: 6 people, 42.86%
- Norvasc: 5 people, 35.71%
- Folic Acid: 5 people, 35.71%
- Revlimid: 5 people, 35.71%
- Celexa: 5 people, 35.71%
- Velcade: 5 people, 35.71%
- Famvir: 5 people, 35.71%
- Lopressor: 5 people, 35.71%
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Febrile Neutropenia (fever with reduced white blood cells): 6 people, 42.86%
- Pleural Effusion (water on the lungs): 5 people, 35.71%
- Pneumonia: 4 people, 28.57%
- Disease Progression: 4 people, 28.57%
- Pulmonary Alveolar Haemorrhage (acute bleeding): 4 people, 28.57%
- Pneumonia Fungal: 4 people, 28.57%
- Hypotension (abnormally low blood pressure): 3 people, 21.43%
- Nephrosclerosis (hardening of the kidney due to renovascular disease): 3 people, 21.43%
- Cough: 2 people, 14.29%
- Hepatic Cirrhosis (chronic liver disease characterized by replacement of liver tissue by fibrosis, scar tissue): 2 people, 14.29%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you have Bacteremic shock while taking Ritalin?
- Check whether a drug or a condition causes Bacteremic shock
- Subscribe to monitor Bacteremic shock in Ritalin
You are not alone:
- Connect with people like you who take Ritalin and have Bacteremic shock
- Use your healthcare experience to help people like you, and be rewarded
Related publications that referenced our studies
- Yalcin O, Aslan AA, Sari BA, Turkbay T, "Possible methylphenidate related hoarseness and disturbances of voice quality: two pediatric cases", Klinik Psikofarmakoloji Bülteni-Bulletin of Clinical Psychopharmacology, 2012 Sep .
- Yektas Ç, Samurcu ND, Tufan AE, "Loss of Eyebrows (Madarosis) After Use of Long-Acting Methylphenidate: Case Report", Journal of Clinical Psychopharmacology, 2017 Aug .
- Coskun M, Adak I, "Excessive and frequent menstrual bleeding with methylphenidate in an adolescent girl with attention-deficit hyperactivity disorder", Journal of clinical psychopharmacology, 2017 Oct .
- Coskun M, Adak I, Akaltun I, "Bilateral gynecomastia in a preadolescent boy while under treatment with methylphenidate and paroxetine", Journal of clinical psychopharmacology, 2014 Aug .
- Lufi D, Bucherman M, Akita M, Cohen R, Sibani C, "The effect of methylphenidate on speech patterns of children with attention deficit disorder", Journal of Behavioral Health, 2015 Jan .
- Ersoy MA, Ersoy HT, "Manic symptoms associated with isotretinoin and methylphenidate combination: a case report", Klinik Psikofarmakoloji Bülteni-Bulletin of Clinical Psychopharmacology, 2014 Sep .
Drugs that are associated with Bacteremic shockBacteremic shock (2,228 drugs)
Could your condition cause Bacteremic shockBacteremic shock (2,368 conditions)
Ritalin side effects
- Ritalin side effects (18,712 reports)
Browse side effects by gender and age
Browse all side effects of Ritalina b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
What would happen?
FDA reports used in this study
- Want to find out more about the FDA reports used in the study? You can request them from FDA.
Recent general studies
- What to expect when you take Meloxicam and Excedrin - now
- Will you have Drug Eruption with Xtandi? - a second ago
- Will you have Osteonecrosis Of Jaw with Adderall 10? - 2 seconds ago
- Black Cohosh and Vagilia drug interaction - 3 seconds ago
- Will you have Sternutation with Malaria? - 3 seconds ago
- Will you have Sneezing with Malaria? - 4 seconds ago
- Will you have Intestinal Haemorrhage with Hytone? - 6 seconds ago
- Will you have Sternutation with Ridaura? - 7 seconds ago
- Will you have Sneezing with Ridaura? - 7 seconds ago
- Will you have Aortic Stenosis with Renal Transplant? - 7 seconds ago
Recent personal studies
- A study for a 36 year old man who takes Magnesium Aspartate, Aleve, Klonopin, Metoprolol Succinate, Tylenol, Methamphetamine Hydrochloride, Lisinopril - 2 hours ago
- A study for a 36 year old man who takes Klonopin, Magnesium Aspartate, Metoprolol Succinate, Lisinopril - 2 hours ago
- Prediction of Flexeril, Trazodone Hydrochloride, Effexor Xr, Spironolactone, Zoloft, Prozac, Buspar, Omeprazole for a 32 year old woman - 3 hours ago
- A study for a 32 year old woman who takes Spironolactone, Flexeril, Effexor Xr - 4 hours ago
- A study for a 56 year old woman who takes Tramadol - 5 hours ago
- A study for a 23 year old woman who takes Nyquil, Amoxicillin And Clavulanate Potassium - 7 hours ago
- Drug comparison of Amoxicillin And Clavulanate Potassium, Nyquil for a 23 year old woman - 7 hours ago
- A study for a 42 year old woman who takes Flonase, Benzonatate, Allegra Allergy - 7 hours ago
- A study for a 28 year old woman who takes Adderall 30 - 8 hours ago
- A study for a 28 year old woman who takes Adderall 30 - 8 hours ago
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.