Ritalin and Bacterial prostatitis - from FDA reports
Bacterial prostatitis is reported only by a few people who take Ritalin. We study 16,196 people who have side effects while taking Ritalin from FDA. Among them, 1 have Bacterial prostatitis. Find out below who they are, when they have Bacterial prostatitis and more.
16,196 people reported to have side effects when taking Ritalin.
Among them, 1 person (0.01%) has Bacterial prostatitis
Number of reports submitted per year:
Age of people who have Bacterial prostatitis when taking Ritalin *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 0.0 %
- 30-39: 0.0 %
- 40-49: 0.0 %
- 50-59: 0.0 %
- 60+: 100 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Gait Disturbance: 1 person, 100.00%
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Tylenol: 1 person, 100.00%
- Sinemet: 1 person, 100.00%
- Miralax: 1 person, 100.00%
- Macrobid: 1 person, 100.00%
- Lorazepam: 1 person, 100.00%
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Urinary Tract Infection: 1 person, 100.00%
- Therapeutic Response Unexpected: 1 person, 100.00%
- Stress And Anxiety: 1 person, 100.00%
- Prostatic Specific Antigen Increased: 1 person, 100.00%
- Itching: 1 person, 100.00%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
- Check whether a drug or a condition causes Bacterial prostatitis
- You are not alone, connect with people like you
You could also:
- Personalize and monitor this study
- Volunteer or get paid with your care experience as a Care Guide
- Print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
- Want to find out more about the FDA reports used in the study? You can request them from FDA.
- Order discounted lab tests to monitor your medications, no doctor referral required
Ritalin has active ingredients of methylphenidate hydrochloride. It is often used in attention deficit hyperactivity disorder. (latest outcomes from Ritalin 18,721 users)
Bacterial prostatitis (bacterial infection of the prostate gland) has been reported by people with stress and anxiety, insomnia, non-hodgkin's lymphoma, hair loss, hepatic encephalopathy (latest reports from 70 Bacterial prostatitis patients).
Drugs that are associated with Bacterial prostatitisBacterial prostatitis (91 drugs)
Could your condition cause Bacterial prostatitisBacterial prostatitis (81 conditions)
Ritalin side effects
- Ritalin side effects (16,205 reports)
Browse all side effects of Ritalina b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Related publications that referenced our studies
- Yalcin O, Aslan AA, Sari BA, Turkbay T, "Possible methylphenidate related hoarseness and disturbances of voice quality: two pediatric cases", Klinik Psikofarmakoloji Bülteni-Bulletin of Clinical Psychopharmacology, 2012 Sep .
- Yektas Ç, Samurcu ND, Tufan AE, "Loss of Eyebrows (Madarosis) After Use of Long-Acting Methylphenidate: Case Report", Journal of Clinical Psychopharmacology, 2017 Aug .
- Coskun M, Adak I, "Excessive and frequent menstrual bleeding with methylphenidate in an adolescent girl with attention-deficit hyperactivity disorder", Journal of clinical psychopharmacology, 2017 Oct .
- Coskun M, Adak I, Akaltun I, "Bilateral gynecomastia in a preadolescent boy while under treatment with methylphenidate and paroxetine", Journal of clinical psychopharmacology, 2014 Aug .
- Lufi D, Bucherman M, Akita M, Cohen R, Sibani C, "The effect of methylphenidate on speech patterns of children with attention deficit disorder", Journal of Behavioral Health, 2015 Jan .
- Ersoy MA, Ersoy HT, "Manic symptoms associated with isotretinoin and methylphenidate combination: a case report", Klinik Psikofarmakoloji Bülteni-Bulletin of Clinical Psychopharmacology, 2014 Sep .
What would happen?
You are not alone. Join our personalized support groups:
- Support group for people who take Ritalin and have Bacterial Prostatitis
- Support group for people who have Bacterial Prostatitis
- Support group for people who take Ritalin
You may be interested in these posts
- Greetings, I have taken 10mg Ritalin 4x a day for a the last 13yrs. It was prescribed to offset side effects of other drugs I was prescribed. I don't feel 'high' when taking Ritalin but it does keep me going and fights off fatigue. For the last few years I feel horrible joint pain when 'coming...
- Hi, I have been taking ritalin for
- Female who was lately diagnosed with ADHD .. took both l.tyrosone 2000mg and 20 mg Ritalin sr .
- Been on Ritalin for about 2 months and just noticed today that I am having 3-4 bowel movements a day. THIS is TOTALLY different for me as I have IBS and sometimes cannot go for a week. This has never happened. They put me on over the counter Sam-E for mood in order to "help" the Ritalin work. I...
- Why do i get dry mouth when I take about 3-4 of my methylphenidate IR 20mg? I know its a side effect of the drug Ritalin, but why is it? What does it do to the inside of the body after a person takes it?
- What to expect when you take Ranexa and have Xerophthalmia?
- What to expect when you take Neurontin and have Drowsiness?
- What to expect when you take Turmeric and Esomeprazole Magnesium
- Will you have Myocardial Fibrosis with Tpn?
- Will you have Lymphoma - Non-Hodgkin'S with Promacta?
Active Support Groups
- Support group for people who take Tpn and have Myocardial Fibrosis?
- Support group for people who take Promacta and have Lymphoma - Non-Hodgkin'S?
- Support group for people who take Desoxyn and have Swelling Face?
- Support group for people who take Theo-Dur and have High Blood Cholesterol?
- Support group for people who take Bisoprolol Fumarate and have Headache?
- Sounds like what happened to me. Don’t know what it is but I suggest you have your B12 levels...
- I have ZZ genes also. I was dx in 2010. I haven't lost any more lung function since being dx. I am...
- Hi. I am a kidney doc with patients who sound like you. I have had some success in getting one...
- Hi, I’m newly diagnosed as well. I ended up getting pericarditis and have been talking mitigate and...
- Hello is there anyone out there that take these two medications?
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.