Ritalin and Blindness unilateral - a phase IV clinical study of FDA data
Blindness unilateral is found among people who take Ritalin, especially for people who are male, 60+ old.
The phase IV clinical study analyzes which people take Ritalin and have Blindness unilateral. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 24,248 people who have side effects when taking Ritalin from the FDA, and is updated regularly. You can use the study as a second opinion to make health care decisions.
Phase IV trials are used to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor drug effectiveness in the real world. With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe is running millions of phase IV trials and makes the results available to the public. Our original studies have been referenced on 600+ medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature.
24,248 people reported to have side effects when taking Ritalin.
Among them, 20 people (0.08%) have Blindness unilateral.
What is Ritalin?
Ritalin has active ingredients of methylphenidate hydrochloride. It is often used in attention deficit hyperactivity disorder. eHealthMe is studying from 26,168 Ritalin users for its effectiveness, alternative drugs and more.
What is Blindness unilateral?
Blindness unilateral is found to be associated with 1,408 drugs and 916 conditions by eHealthMe.
Number of Ritalin and Blindness unilateral reports submitted per year:
Gender of people who have Blindness unilateral when taking Ritalin *:
- female: 35 %
- male: 65 %
Age of people who have Blindness unilateral when taking Ritalin *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 0.0 %
- 30-39: 6.67 %
- 40-49: 33.33 %
- 50-59: 13.33 %
- 60+: 46.67 %
Common drugs people take besides Ritalin *:
- Viagra: 9 people, 45.00%
- Concerta: 8 people, 40.00%
- Lipitor: 7 people, 35.00%
- Aspirin: 6 people, 30.00%
- Xyrem: 3 people, 15.00%
- Lyrica: 3 people, 15.00%
- Crestor: 3 people, 15.00%
- Prednisone: 2 people, 10.00%
- Norco: 2 people, 10.00%
- Medrol: 2 people, 10.00%
Common side effects people have besides Blindness unilateral *:
- High Blood Cholesterol: 10 people, 50.00%
- Fatigue (feeling of tiredness): 10 people, 50.00%
- Low Density Lipoprotein Increased (cholesterol increased in blood): 7 people, 35.00%
- Optic Atrophy (the loss of a proportion of optic disc nerve fibres): 7 people, 35.00%
- Optic Ischaemic Neuropathy (optic nerve damage due to lack of blood supply): 7 people, 35.00%
- High Blood Pressure: 7 people, 35.00%
- Asthenopia (eyestrain-tiredness of the eyes caused by prolonged close work by a person with an uncorrected vision problem): 7 people, 35.00%
- Headache (pain in head): 7 people, 35.00%
- Visual Field Defect: 6 people, 30.00%
- Panic Disorder: 6 people, 30.00%
Common conditions people have *:
- Ill-Defined Disorder: 7 people, 35.00%
- Multiple Sclerosis (a nervous system disease that affects your brain and spinal cord. it damages the myelin sheath): 2 people, 10.00%
- Cataplexy (loss of muscle tone accompanied by full conscious awareness): 2 people, 10.00%
- Systemic Lupus Erythematosus (an autoimmune disease, which means the body's immune system mistakenly, attacks healthy tissue): 1 person, 5.00%
- Stress And Anxiety: 1 person, 5.00%
- Sleep Disorder: 1 person, 5.00%
- Rheumatoid Arthritis (a chronic progressive disease causing inflammation in the joints): 1 person, 5.00%
- Personality Disorder: 1 person, 5.00%
- Pain: 1 person, 5.00%
- Osteoporosis (bones weak and more likely to break): 1 person, 5.00%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you take Ritalin and have Blindness unilateral?Check whether Blindness unilateral is associated with a drug or a condition
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Related publications that referenced our studies
- Coskun M, Adak I, "Excessive and frequent menstrual bleeding with methylphenidate in an adolescent girl with attention-deficit hyperactivity disorder", Journal of clinical psychopharmacology, 2017 Oct .
- Yektas ?, Samurcu ND, Tufan AE, "Loss of Eyebrows (Madarosis) After Use of Long-Acting Methylphenidate: Case Report", Journal of Clinical Psychopharmacology, 2017 Aug .
- Ersoy MA, Ersoy HT, "Manic symptoms associated with isotretinoin and methylphenidate combination: a case report", Klinik Psikofarmakoloji Bülteni-Bulletin of Clinical Psychopharmacology, 2014 Sep .
- Coskun M, Adak I, Akaltun I, "Bilateral gynecomastia in a preadolescent boy while under treatment with methylphenidate and paroxetine", Journal of clinical psychopharmacology, 2014 Aug .
- Adak, I., & Coskun, M. , "Symptomatic cholelithiasis associated with combined use of methylphenidate and fluoxetine in an otherwise healthy adolescent girl", Psychiatry and Clinical Psychopharmacology, 2014 Jan .
- Coskun, M., & Adak, I. , "Excessive and frequent menstrual bleeding with methylphenidate in an adolescent girl with attention-deficit hyperactivity disorder", Journal of clinical psychopharmacology, 2014 Jan .
- Yalcin O, Aslan AA, Sari BA, Turkbay T, "Possible methylphenidate related hoarseness and disturbances of voice quality: two pediatric cases", Klinik Psikofarmakoloji Bülteni-Bulletin of Clinical Psychopharmacology, 2012 Sep .
- Lufi D, Bucherman M, Akita M, Cohen R, Sibani C, "The effect of methylphenidate on speech patterns of children with attention deficit disorder", Journal of Behavioral Health, 2012 Jan .
How severe was Blindness unilateral and when was it recovered:
Expand to all the drugs that have ingredients of methylphenidate hydrochloride:
Alternative drugs to, pros and cons of Ritalin:
- Ritalin (26,168 reports)
Common Ritalin side effects:
Browse all side effects of Ritalin:a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Blindness unilateral treatments and more:
- Blindness unilateral (14,505 reports)
COVID vaccines that are related to Blindness unilateral:
- Blindness unilateral in Moderna COVID Vaccine
- Blindness unilateral in Pfizer BioNTech Covid Vaccine
- Blindness unilateral in Johnson and Johnson Covid Vaccine
Common drugs associated with Blindness unilateral:
All the drugs that are associated with Blindness unilateral:
- Blindness unilateral (1,408 drugs)
Common conditions associated with Blindness unilateral:
All the conditions that are associated with Blindness unilateral:
- Blindness unilateral (916 conditions)
How the study uses the data?
The study uses data from the FDA. It is based on methylphenidate hydrochloride (the active ingredients of Ritalin) and Ritalin (the brand name). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered. Dosage of drugs is not considered in the study.
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 600+ medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Gemzar and Zieve Syndrome - now
- Insomnia and Lower Extremity Mass - a second ago
- Cow'S Milk Intolerance and drugs of ingredients of zolpidem tartrate - 3 seconds ago
- Osteopenia and Blister - 10 seconds ago
- Miralax and Vein Disorder - 10 seconds ago
- Enulose and Metastases To Bone - 11 seconds ago
- Emend and Delirium - 11 seconds ago
- Folic Acid and Risperdal Consta drug interaction - 13 seconds ago
- Angina Pectoris Aggravated and Coronary Heart Disease - 27 seconds ago
- Famciclovir and Hallucinations Aggravated - 27 seconds ago