Ritalin and Keloid scar - from FDA reports
Keloid scar is reported only by a few people who take Ritalin. We study 18,273 people who have side effects while taking Ritalin from FDA. Among them, 3 have Keloid scar. Find out below who they are, when they have Keloid scar and more.
How to use this study: bring a copy to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Who is eHealthMe: we are a data analysis company who specializes in health care industry. Our original studies have been referenced on 500+ peer-reviewed medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and EANO. On eHealthMe, you can research drugs and monitor them (see testimonials). If you find eHealthMe useful, please help us to spread the words below or leave us a testimonial.
18,273 people reported to have side effects when taking Ritalin.
Among them, 3 people (0.02%) have Keloid scar
Number of reports submitted per year:
Gender of people who have Keloid scar when taking Ritalin *:
- female: 100 %
- male: 0.0 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Asthma: 3 people, 100.00%
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Xolair: 3 people, 100.00%
- Vitamin D3: 3 people, 100.00%
- Ventolin Hfa: 3 people, 100.00%
- Singulair: 3 people, 100.00%
- Prozac: 3 people, 100.00%
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Weakness: 3 people, 100.00%
- Nausea And Vomiting: 3 people, 100.00%
- Abdominal Pain: 3 people, 100.00%
- Anaphylaxis (serious allergic reaction that is rapid in onset and may cause death): 3 people, 100.00%
- Asthma: 3 people, 100.00%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
FDA reports used in this study
- Want to find out more about the FDA reports used in the study? You can request them from FDA.
Do you have Keloid scar while taking Ritalin?
You are not alone:
Ritalin has active ingredients of methylphenidate hydrochloride. It is often used in attention deficit hyperactivity disorder. (latest outcomes from Ritalin 20,798 users)
Keloid scar (overgrown scars left from skin injuries) has been reported by people with birth control, depression, multiple sclerosis, eczema, high blood pressure (latest reports from 648 Keloid scar patients).
Drugs that are associated with Keloid scarKeloid scar (444 drugs)
Could your condition cause Keloid scarKeloid scar (312 conditions)
Ritalin side effects
- Ritalin side effects (18,282 reports)
Browse all side effects of Ritalina b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Related publications that referenced our studies
- Yalcin O, Aslan AA, Sari BA, Turkbay T, "Possible methylphenidate related hoarseness and disturbances of voice quality: two pediatric cases", Klinik Psikofarmakoloji Bülteni-Bulletin of Clinical Psychopharmacology, 2012 Sep .
- Yektas Ç, Samurcu ND, Tufan AE, "Loss of Eyebrows (Madarosis) After Use of Long-Acting Methylphenidate: Case Report", Journal of Clinical Psychopharmacology, 2017 Aug .
- Coskun M, Adak I, "Excessive and frequent menstrual bleeding with methylphenidate in an adolescent girl with attention-deficit hyperactivity disorder", Journal of clinical psychopharmacology, 2017 Oct .
- Coskun M, Adak I, Akaltun I, "Bilateral gynecomastia in a preadolescent boy while under treatment with methylphenidate and paroxetine", Journal of clinical psychopharmacology, 2014 Aug .
- Lufi D, Bucherman M, Akita M, Cohen R, Sibani C, "The effect of methylphenidate on speech patterns of children with attention deficit disorder", Journal of Behavioral Health, 2015 Jan .
- Ersoy MA, Ersoy HT, "Manic symptoms associated with isotretinoin and methylphenidate combination: a case report", Klinik Psikofarmakoloji Bülteni-Bulletin of Clinical Psychopharmacology, 2014 Sep .
What would happen?
Recent general studies
- Will you have Scab with Boron? - now
- Provera and Zantac drug interaction - now
- Will you have Gait Abnormalities with Ramipril? - a second ago
- Will you have Duodenitis with Neurontin? - 2 seconds ago
- St. John'S Wort and Yam drug interaction - 2 seconds ago
Recent personal studies
- A study for a 52 year old woman who takes Cymbalta, Trazodone Hydrochloride - an hour ago
- A study for a 52 year old woman who takes Cymbalta, Plaquenil, Trazodone Hydrochloride - an hour ago
- Prediction of Cafe, Alcohol, Modafinil, Fluoxetine for a 55 year old man - an hour ago
- A study for a 58 year old man who takes B-12 - 2 hours ago
- A study for a 39 year old woman who takes Effexor, Zyban - 2 hours ago
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.