Ritalin and Swallowing pain or burning - a phase IV clinical study of FDA data
Swallowing pain or burning is found among people who take Ritalin, especially for people who are male, 50-59 old.
The phase IV clinical study analyzes which people take Ritalin and have Swallowing pain or burning. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 24,248 people who have side effects when taking Ritalin from the FDA, and is updated regularly. You can use the study as a second opinion to make health care decisions.
Phase IV trials are used to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor drug effectiveness in the real world. With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe is running millions of phase IV trials and makes the results available to the public. Our original studies have been referenced on 600+ medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature.
24,248 people reported to have side effects when taking Ritalin.
Among them, 16 people (0.07%) have Swallowing pain or burning.
What is Ritalin?
Ritalin has active ingredients of methylphenidate hydrochloride. It is often used in attention deficit hyperactivity disorder. eHealthMe is studying from 27,255 Ritalin users for its effectiveness, alternative drugs and more.
What is Swallowing pain or burning?
Swallowing pain or burning is found to be associated with 1,494 drugs and 986 conditions by eHealthMe.
Number of Ritalin and Swallowing pain or burning reports submitted per year:
Gender of people who have Swallowing pain or burning when taking Ritalin *:
- female: 23.08 %
- male: 76.92 %
Age of people who have Swallowing pain or burning when taking Ritalin *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 7.69 %
- 30-39: 0.0 %
- 40-49: 15.38 %
- 50-59: 46.15 %
- 60+: 30.77 %
Common drugs people take besides Ritalin *:
- Actos: 6 people, 37.50%
- Prilosec: 5 people, 31.25%
- Zofran: 5 people, 31.25%
- Emend: 5 people, 31.25%
- Lorazepam: 5 people, 31.25%
- Decadron: 5 people, 31.25%
- Zantac: 4 people, 25.00%
- Bentyl: 4 people, 25.00%
- Keppra: 4 people, 25.00%
- Contrave: 3 people, 18.75%
Common side effects people have besides Swallowing pain or burning *:
- Nausea And Vomiting: 7 people, 43.75%
- Swallowing Difficulty: 7 people, 43.75%
- Chest Pain: 6 people, 37.50%
- Nausea (feeling of having an urge to vomit): 6 people, 37.50%
- Pneumomediastinum (air is present in the mediastinum): 5 people, 31.25%
- Fatigue (feeling of tiredness): 5 people, 31.25%
- Appetite - Decreased (decreased appetite occurs when you have a reduced desire to eat): 5 people, 31.25%
- Weakness: 4 people, 25.00%
- Dehydration (dryness resulting from the removal of water): 4 people, 25.00%
- Breathing Difficulty: 4 people, 25.00%
Common conditions people have *:
- Weight Loss: 3 people, 18.75%
- Stress And Anxiety: 3 people, 18.75%
- Insomnia (sleeplessness): 3 people, 18.75%
- Vitamin D Decreased: 3 people, 18.75%
- Migraine (headache): 3 people, 18.75%
- Blood Iron Decreased: 3 people, 18.75%
- Vitamin B12 Decreased: 2 people, 12.50%
- Gastroesophageal Cancer: 2 people, 12.50%
- Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (a progressive disease that makes it hard to breathe): 2 people, 12.50%
- Peripheral Swelling: 1 person, 6.25%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you take Ritalin and have Swallowing pain or burning?Check whether Swallowing pain or burning is associated with a drug or a condition
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Related publications that referenced our studies
- Coskun M, Adak I, "Excessive and frequent menstrual bleeding with methylphenidate in an adolescent girl with attention-deficit hyperactivity disorder", Journal of clinical psychopharmacology, 2017 Oct .
- Yektas ?, Samurcu ND, Tufan AE, "Loss of Eyebrows (Madarosis) After Use of Long-Acting Methylphenidate: Case Report", Journal of Clinical Psychopharmacology, 2017 Aug .
- Ersoy MA, Ersoy HT, "Manic symptoms associated with isotretinoin and methylphenidate combination: a case report", Klinik Psikofarmakoloji Bülteni-Bulletin of Clinical Psychopharmacology, 2014 Sep .
- Coskun M, Adak I, Akaltun I, "Bilateral gynecomastia in a preadolescent boy while under treatment with methylphenidate and paroxetine", Journal of clinical psychopharmacology, 2014 Aug .
- Adak, I., & Coskun, M. , "Symptomatic cholelithiasis associated with combined use of methylphenidate and fluoxetine in an otherwise healthy adolescent girl", Psychiatry and Clinical Psychopharmacology, 2014 Jan .
- Coskun, M., & Adak, I. , "Excessive and frequent menstrual bleeding with methylphenidate in an adolescent girl with attention-deficit hyperactivity disorder", Journal of clinical psychopharmacology, 2014 Jan .
- Yalcin O, Aslan AA, Sari BA, Turkbay T, "Possible methylphenidate related hoarseness and disturbances of voice quality: two pediatric cases", Klinik Psikofarmakoloji Bülteni-Bulletin of Clinical Psychopharmacology, 2012 Sep .
- Lufi D, Bucherman M, Akita M, Cohen R, Sibani C, "The effect of methylphenidate on speech patterns of children with attention deficit disorder", Journal of Behavioral Health, 2012 Jan .
How severe was Swallowing pain or burning and when was it recovered:
Expand to all the drugs that have ingredients of methylphenidate hydrochloride:
Alternative drugs to, pros and cons of Ritalin:
- Ritalin (27,255 reports)
Common Ritalin side effects:
Browse all side effects of Ritalin:a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Swallowing pain or burning treatments and more:
- Swallowing pain or burning (6,332 reports)
COVID vaccines that are related to Swallowing pain or burning:
- Swallowing pain or burning in Moderna COVID Vaccine
- Swallowing pain or burning in Pfizer BioNTech Covid Vaccine
- Swallowing pain or burning in Johnson and Johnson Covid Vaccine
Common drugs associated with Swallowing pain or burning:
All the drugs that are associated with Swallowing pain or burning:
- Swallowing pain or burning (1,494 drugs)
Common conditions associated with Swallowing pain or burning:
All the conditions that are associated with Swallowing pain or burning:
- Swallowing pain or burning (986 conditions)
How the study uses the data?
The study uses data from the FDA. It is based on methylphenidate hydrochloride (the active ingredients of Ritalin) and Ritalin (the brand name). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered. Dosage of drugs is not considered in the study.
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 600+ medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Tramadol Hydrochloride and Atrovent Hfa drug interaction - 16 seconds ago
- Pradaxa and Hepatitis Fulminant - 37 seconds ago
- Avapro and Oxytrol For Women drug interaction - 41 seconds ago
- Vincristine Sulfate and Geodon drug interaction - 42 seconds ago
- Clindamycin Hydrochloride and Mephyton drug interaction - a minute ago
- Prilosec and Tygacil drug interaction - a minute ago
- Bipolar Disorder and Migraine - a minute ago
- Paxil and Psychiatric Symptom - a minute ago
- Detrol and Estring drug interaction - a minute ago
- Creatinine Renal Clearance Decreased and drugs of ingredients of capmatinib hydrochloride - a minute ago