Rituxan and Cough - from FDA reports
Cough is found among people who take Rituxan, especially for people who are female, 60+ old , have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Actemra, and have Chronic lymphocytic leukaemia. This review analyzes which people have Cough with Rituxan. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 21,938 people who have side effects when taking Rituxan from FDA , and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Nov, 22, 2017
21,938 people reported to have side effects when taking Rituxan.
Among them, 759 people (3.46%) have Cough
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on Rituxan when people have Cough *:
- < 1 month: 36.3 %
- 1 - 6 months: 29.63 %
- 6 - 12 months: 8.89 %
- 1 - 2 years: 9.63 %
- 2 - 5 years: 14.07 %
- 5 - 10 years: 1.48 %
- 10+ years: 0.0 %
Gender of people who have Cough when taking Rituxan *:
- female: 63.29 %
- male: 36.71 %
Age of people who have Cough when taking Rituxan *:
- 0-1: 0.16 %
- 2-9: 0.49 %
- 10-19: 0.16 %
- 20-29: 2.13 %
- 30-39: 4.26 %
- 40-49: 10.66 %
- 50-59: 23.11 %
- 60+: 59.02 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Chronic Lymphocytic Leukaemia (63 people, 8.30%)
- High Blood Pressure (37 people, 4.87%)
- Pain (27 people, 3.56%)
- Mantle Cell Lymphoma (22 people, 2.90%)
- Lymphoma (22 people, 2.90%)
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Actemra (142 people, 18.71%)
- Tylenol (140 people, 18.45%)
- Benadryl (108 people, 14.23%)
- Methotrexate (97 people, 12.78%)
- Plaquenil (86 people, 11.33%)
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Fatigue (251 people, 33.07%)
- Breathing Difficulty (203 people, 26.75%)
- Fever (189 people, 24.90%)
- Infusion Related Reaction (178 people, 23.45%)
- Joint Pain (177 people, 23.32%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Subscribe to the study: get notified of updates to the study.
Want to find out more about the FDA reports used in the study? You can request them from FDA.
Do you have Cough when taking Rituxan?
- Check symptoms - is cough caused by a drug or a condition?
- Get alerts to symptoms - forecast your symptoms and get alerts
- Join related support groups - you are not alone, join a support group on ehealth.me
- Report the side effect - help people in need and in real time
- Ask a question - ask a question related to the study
- write a review - share your experience related to the study
- More tools...
Expand the study to include all drugs with the same ingredientsCough and drugs with ingredients of rituximab.
Expand the study to include reports from both FDA and eHealthMeCough and Rituxan from FDA and eHealthMe reports
Rituxan has active ingredients of rituximab. It is often used in rheumatoid arthritis. (latest outcomes from Rituxan 22,325 users)
Cough has been reported by people with rheumatoid arthritis, high blood pressure, asthma, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease, osteoporosis (latest reports from 149,337 Cough patients).
Browse all side effects of Rituxana b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Drugs that are associated with CoughCough
Could your condition cause CoughCough
What would happen?
Questions to the study
I take numerous vitamins along with a multi vitamin 2x daily. I have been taking vitamins for as long as I can remember and just recently developed a dry cough and metallic taste when I cough. I don't have any normal symptoms i.e.. High blood pressure, cold, flu, etc ... I am 64 and this ...
Been on benicar/hct for 10years, I am female, 61 years old. Developed a cough. Basically coughing 24/7. Out of control. And yes I pee my self. I have had it for a year. I have been off benicar for 2 weeks, Dr said it should be out of my System @3 weeks. How long did it take for the cough to go ...
I am 50 years old and have been on rituxan for 8 months with 4 treatments so far. Last night I was diagnosed with diverticulitis at the er. I am interested in hearing other people's experiences and what they are doing for preventative steps to avoid future episodes of diverticulitis.