Rocaltrol and Systemic lupus erythematosus - a phase IV clinical study of FDA data
Systemic lupus erythematosus is found among people who take Rocaltrol, especially for people who are female, 30-39 old.
The phase IV clinical study analyzes which people take Rocaltrol and have Systemic lupus erythematosus. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 7,006 people who have side effects when taking Rocaltrol from the FDA, and is updated regularly. You can use the study as a second opinion to make health care decisions.
Phase IV trials are used to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor drug effectiveness in the real world. With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe is running millions of phase IV trials and makes the results available to the public. Our original studies have been referenced on 600+ medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature.
7,006 people reported to have side effects when taking Rocaltrol.
Among them, 15 people (0.21%) have Systemic lupus erythematosus.
What is Rocaltrol?
Rocaltrol has active ingredients of calcitriol. It is often used in hypoparathyroidism. eHealthMe is studying from 7,047 Rocaltrol users for its effectiveness, alternative drugs and more.
What is Systemic lupus erythematosus?
Systemic lupus erythematosus (an autoimmune disease, which means the body's immune system mistakenly, attacks healthy tissue) is found to be associated with 2,147 drugs and 1,459 conditions by eHealthMe.
Number of Rocaltrol and Systemic lupus erythematosus reports submitted per year:
Gender of people who have Systemic lupus erythematosus when taking Rocaltrol *:
- female: 93.33 %
- male: 6.67 %
Age of people who have Systemic lupus erythematosus when taking Rocaltrol *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 0.0 %
- 30-39: 75.0 %
- 40-49: 8.33 %
- 50-59: 8.33 %
- 60+: 8.33 %
Common drugs people take besides Rocaltrol *:
- Famotidine: 5 people, 33.33%
- Enalapril Maleate: 4 people, 26.67%
- Dipyridamole: 4 people, 26.67%
- Nifedipine: 4 people, 26.67%
- Prednisolone: 4 people, 26.67%
- Folic Acid: 3 people, 20.00%
- Bosentan: 3 people, 20.00%
- Prednisone: 3 people, 20.00%
- Povidone Iodine: 3 people, 20.00%
- Chloroquine Phosphate: 2 people, 13.33%
Common side effects people have besides Systemic lupus erythematosus *:
- Malaise (a feeling of general discomfort or uneasiness): 4 people, 26.67%
- Pericarditis (inflammation of the pericardium): 4 people, 26.67%
- Fever: 4 people, 26.67%
- Blood Lactate Dehydrogenase Increased: 4 people, 26.67%
- Blood Creatine Phosphokinase Increased: 4 people, 26.67%
- Disease Progression: 3 people, 20.00%
- Nephrogenic Anaemia (anaemia due to kidney disease): 2 people, 13.33%
- Nausea And Vomiting: 2 people, 13.33%
- Multi-Organ Failure (multisystem organ failure): 2 people, 13.33%
- Neuralgia (pain in one or more nerves): 2 people, 13.33%
Common conditions people have *:
- Pulmonary Hypertension (increase in blood pressure in the lung artery): 3 people, 20.00%
- Autoimmune Disorder (a condition in which the immune system attacks the body's normal substances and tissue): 3 people, 20.00%
- Lupus Nephritis (a chronic inflammatory autoimmune disorder that may affect kidney tissue): 2 people, 13.33%
- Idiopathic Thrombocytopenic Purpura (Itp) (bleeding disorder in which the immune system destroys platelets, which are necessary for normal blood clotting): 2 people, 13.33%
- Hypothyroidism (abnormally low activity of the thyroid gland, resulting in retardation of growth and mental development): 2 people, 13.33%
- Gastrointestinal Candidiasis (fungal infection of gastrointestinal tract): 2 people, 13.33%
- Epilepsy (common and diverse set of chronic neurological disorders characterized by seizures): 2 people, 13.33%
- Calcium Deficiency (lack of calcium): 2 people, 13.33%
- Hepatitis C: 1 person, 6.67%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you take Rocaltrol and have Systemic lupus erythematosus?Check whether Systemic lupus erythematosus is associated with a drug or a condition
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Related publications that referenced our studies
- Hania A, "Pyoderma Gangrenosum in a Patient With Systemic Lupus Erythematosus: Case Report", Journal of Medical Cases, 2014 Aug .
- Hu P, Lu L, Hu B, Deng F, Fei WJ, "Cyclophosphamide‐Induced Hypertensive Encephalopathy in a Young Girl With Lupus", The Journal of Clinical Hypertension, 2012 Apr .
How severe was Systemic lupus erythematosus and when was it recovered:
Expand to all the drugs that have ingredients of calcitriol:
Alternative drugs to, pros and cons of Rocaltrol:
- Rocaltrol (7,047 reports)
Common Rocaltrol side effects:
- Weakness: 473 reports
- Fever: 346 reports
- Fatigue (feeling of tiredness): 338 reports
- Pain: 312 reports
- High blood pressure: 308 reports
- Pneumonia: 275 reports
- Breathing difficulty: 261 reports
- Hypotension (abnormally low blood pressure): 257 reports
Browse all side effects of Rocaltrol:a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Systemic lupus erythematosus treatments and more:
- Systemic lupus erythematosus (61,939 reports)
COVID vaccines that are related to Systemic lupus erythematosus:
- Systemic lupus erythematosus in Moderna COVID Vaccine
- Systemic lupus erythematosus in Pfizer BioNTech Covid Vaccine
- Systemic lupus erythematosus in Johnson and Johnson Covid Vaccine
Common drugs associated with Systemic lupus erythematosus:
- Humira: 10,390 reports
- Prednisone: 9,611 reports
- Methotrexate: 9,255 reports
- Remicade: 8,872 reports
- Enbrel: 8,359 reports
- Orencia: 7,533 reports
- Cimzia: 7,105 reports
- Arava: 7,038 reports
- Actemra: 6,809 reports
- Sulfasalazine: 6,540 reports
All the drugs that are associated with Systemic lupus erythematosus:
- Systemic lupus erythematosus (2,147 drugs)
Common conditions associated with Systemic lupus erythematosus:
- Rheumatoid arthritis: 10,615 reports
- Crohn's disease: 1,632 reports
- Psoriasis: 1,457 reports
- Multiple sclerosis: 823 reports
- High blood pressure: 742 reports
All the conditions that are associated with Systemic lupus erythematosus:
- Systemic lupus erythematosus (1,459 conditions)
How the study uses the data?
The study uses data from the FDA. It is based on calcitriol (the active ingredients of Rocaltrol) and Rocaltrol (the brand name). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered. Dosage of drugs is not considered in the study.
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 600+ medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Solu-Cortef and Idiopathic Or Primary Livedo Reticularis - a second ago
- Temazepam and Reflexes Abnormal - 3 seconds ago
- Zometa and Zantac drug interaction - 5 seconds ago
- Paraplatin and Blood Culture Positive - 6 seconds ago
- Motrin Ib and Valacyclovir drug interaction - 6 seconds ago
- Octreotide Acetate and Erbitux drug interaction - 7 seconds ago
- Hydroxyzine and Local Swelling - 8 seconds ago
- Zoledronic Acid and Indigestion - 8 seconds ago
- Methadose and Bleeding Into The Skin - 11 seconds ago
- Clopidogrel and Foot Amputation - 13 seconds ago