Rocephin and Blood homocysteine increased - a phase IV clinical study of FDA data
Blood homocysteine increased is found among people who take Rocephin, especially for people who are male, 40-49 old.
The phase IV clinical study analyzes which people take Rocephin and have Blood homocysteine increased. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 15,003 people who have side effects when taking Rocephin from the FDA, and is updated regularly. You can use the study as a second opinion to make health care decisions.
Phase IV trials are used to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor drug effectiveness in the real world. With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe is running millions of phase IV trials and makes the results available to the public. Our original studies have been referenced on 600+ medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature.
15,003 people reported to have side effects when taking Rocephin.
Among them, 6 people (0.04%) have Blood homocysteine increased.
What is Rocephin?
Rocephin has active ingredients of ceftriaxone sodium. It is often used in infection. eHealthMe is studying from 15,204 Rocephin users for its effectiveness, alternative drugs and more.
What is Blood homocysteine increased?
Blood homocysteine increased is found to be associated with 445 drugs and 207 conditions by eHealthMe.
Number of Rocephin and Blood homocysteine increased reports submitted per year:
Gender of people who have Blood homocysteine increased when taking Rocephin *:
- female: 50 %
- male: 50 %
Age of people who have Blood homocysteine increased when taking Rocephin *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 0.0 %
- 30-39: 0.0 %
- 40-49: 60 %
- 50-59: 0.0 %
- 60+: 40 %
Common drugs people take besides Rocephin *:
- Protonix: 4 people, 66.67%
- Requip: 3 people, 50.00%
- Normodyne: 3 people, 50.00%
- Clonazepam: 3 people, 50.00%
- Nubain: 3 people, 50.00%
- Mirapex: 3 people, 50.00%
- Lunesta: 3 people, 50.00%
- Cymbalta: 3 people, 50.00%
- Neurontin: 3 people, 50.00%
- Toradol: 3 people, 50.00%
Common side effects people have besides Blood homocysteine increased *:
- Injury: 4 people, 66.67%
- Nosebleed (bleeding from nose): 4 people, 66.67%
- Enlarged Heart: 4 people, 66.67%
- Hypokalemia (low potassium): 4 people, 66.67%
- Fall: 4 people, 66.67%
- Breathing Difficulty: 4 people, 66.67%
- Depression: 3 people, 50.00%
- Drowsiness: 3 people, 50.00%
- Micturition Urgency (urgency to pass the urine): 3 people, 50.00%
- Chest Pain: 3 people, 50.00%
Common conditions people have *:
- Back Pain: 3 people, 50.00%
- Primary Myelofibrosis (primary disorder of the bone marrow): 1 person, 16.67%
- Lyme Disease (a bacterial infection that is spread to humans by infected ticks): 1 person, 16.67%
- Hypersensitivity: 1 person, 16.67%
- High Blood Pressure: 1 person, 16.67%
- Atrial Fibrillation/flutter (atrial fibrillation and flutter are abnormal heart rhythms in which the atria, or upper chambers of the heart, are out of sync with the ventricles): 1 person, 16.67%
- Anaemia (lack of blood): 1 person, 16.67%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you take Rocephin and have Blood homocysteine increased?Check whether Blood homocysteine increased is associated with a drug or a condition
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Related publications that referenced our studies
- Agrawal SR, Rajput A, Jain AP, "Leukocytoclastic vasculitis and acute allergic interstitial nephritis following ceftriaxone exposure", Journal of pharmacology & pharmacotherapeutics, 2014 Jan .
How severe was Blood homocysteine increased and when was it recovered:
Expand to all the drugs that have ingredients of ceftriaxone sodium:
Alternative drugs to, pros and cons of Rocephin:
- Rocephin (15,204 reports)
Common Rocephin side effects:
Browse all side effects of Rocephin:a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Blood homocysteine increased treatments and more:
- Blood homocysteine increased (599 reports)
COVID vaccines that are related to Blood homocysteine increased:
- Blood homocysteine increased in Moderna COVID Vaccine
- Blood homocysteine increased in Pfizer BioNTech Covid Vaccine
- Blood homocysteine increased in Johnson and Johnson Covid Vaccine
All the drugs that are associated with Blood homocysteine increased:
- Blood homocysteine increased (445 drugs)
All the conditions that are associated with Blood homocysteine increased:
- Blood homocysteine increased (207 conditions)
How the study uses the data?
The study uses data from the FDA. It is based on ceftriaxone sodium (the active ingredients of Rocephin) and Rocephin (the brand name). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered. Dosage of drugs is not considered in the study.
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 600+ medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Stromectol and Valacyclovir drug interaction - now
- Rebif and Blood Pressure Management - now
- Gabapentin and Apriso drug interaction - now
- Arginine and Vitamin D3 drug interaction - 4 seconds ago
- Stress And Anxiety and Multiple Sclerosis Relapse - 20 seconds ago
- Amerge and Libido Decreased - 31 seconds ago
- Pollakiuria and High Blood Cholesterol - 48 seconds ago
- Famotidine and Blood Amylase Increased - 51 seconds ago
- Leflunomide and Crohn'S Disease - 54 seconds ago
- Warfarin Sodium and Wheezing Aggravated - 54 seconds ago