Rosuvastatin calcium and Confusion - a phase IV clinical study of FDA data
We study 20,864 people who have side effects when taking Rosuvastatin calcium. Confusion is found, especially among people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take Metformin and have Neuralgia.
The phase IV clinical study analyzes which people take Rosuvastatin calcium and have Confusion. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports from the FDA, and is updated regularly. You may use the study as a second opinion to make health care decisions.
Phase IV trials are used to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor drug effectiveness in the real world. With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe is running millions of phase IV trials and makes the results available to the public. Our original studies have been referenced on 700+ medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature.
20,864 people reported to have side effects when taking Rosuvastatin calcium.
Among them, 45 people (0.22%) have Confusion.
What is Rosuvastatin calcium?
Rosuvastatin calcium has active ingredients of rosuvastatin calcium. It is used in high blood cholesterol. Currently, eHealthMe is studying from 21,243 Rosuvastatin calcium users.
What is Confusion?
Confusion is found to be associated with 3,179 drugs and 2,809 conditions by eHealthMe. Currently, we are studying 63,555 people who have Confusion.
Number of Rosuvastatin calcium and Confusion reports submitted per year:
Time on Rosuvastatin calcium when people have Confusion *:
- < 1 month: 100 %
- 1 - 6 months: 0.0 %
- 6 - 12 months: 0.0 %
- 1 - 2 years: 0.0 %
- 2 - 5 years: 0.0 %
- 5 - 10 years: 0.0 %
- 10+ years: 0.0 %
Gender of people who have Confusion when taking Rosuvastatin calcium *:
- female: 67.44 %
- male: 32.56 %
Age of people who have Confusion when taking Rosuvastatin calcium *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 0.0 %
- 30-39: 2.78 %
- 40-49: 13.89 %
- 50-59: 22.22 %
- 60+: 61.11 %
Common drugs people take besides Rosuvastatin calcium *:
- Acetaminophen: 7 people, 15.56%
- Metformin: 7 people, 15.56%
- Albuterol: 6 people, 13.33%
- Metoprolol Tartrate: 5 people, 11.11%
- Xyrem: 5 people, 11.11%
- Prevacid: 5 people, 11.11%
- Magnesium Oxide: 5 people, 11.11%
- Clonazepam: 5 people, 11.11%
- Citalopram Hydrobromide: 4 people, 8.89%
- Diovan: 4 people, 8.89%
Common side effects people have besides Confusion *:
- Confusional State: 21 people, 46.67%
- Memory Loss: 15 people, 33.33%
- Dizziness: 14 people, 31.11%
- Speech Impairment (Adult) (inability to speak (adult)): 10 people, 22.22%
- Gait Disturbance: 9 people, 20.00%
- Agitation (state of anxiety or nervous excitement): 8 people, 17.78%
- Fall: 7 people, 15.56%
- Abnormal Behavior: 7 people, 15.56%
- Headache (pain in head): 7 people, 15.56%
- Fatigue (feeling of tiredness): 7 people, 15.56%
Common conditions people have *:
- High Blood Pressure: 5 people, 11.11%
- Neuralgia (pain in one or more nerves): 5 people, 11.11%
- Transient Ischaemic Attack (a transient episode of neurologic dysfunction caused by ischemia (loss of blood flow)): 4 people, 8.89%
- Cataplexy (loss of muscle tone accompanied by full conscious awareness): 4 people, 8.89%
- Nausea (feeling of having an urge to vomit): 3 people, 6.67%
- Immunodeficiency Common Variable: 3 people, 6.67%
- Musculoskeletal Pain (pain affects the bones, muscles, ligaments, tendons, and nerves): 3 people, 6.67%
- Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (a condition in which stomach contents leak backward from the stomach into the oesophagus): 3 people, 6.67%
- Narcolepsy (brain's inability to regulate sleep-wake cycles normally): 3 people, 6.67%
- Hypogammaglobulinaemia (an abnormally low concentration of gamma globulin in the blood and increased risk of infection): 3 people, 6.67%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you take Rosuvastatin calcium and have Confusion?Check whether Confusion is associated with a drug or a condition
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Rosuvastatin calcium side effects by duration, gender and age:
- Rosuvastatin calcium side effects (21,243 reports)
Confusion treatments and more:
- Confusion (63,555 reports)
Common drugs associated with Confusion:
- Omeprazole: 2,066 reports
- Aspirin: 1,969 reports
- Furosemide: 1,781 reports
- Prednisone: 1,754 reports
- Loraz: 1,577 reports
- Lorazepam: 1,577 reports
- Metformin: 1,560 reports
- Lasix: 1,413 reports
- Lyrica: 1,340 reports
- Tramadol: 1,330 reports
All the drugs that are associated with Confusion:
- Confusion (3,179 drugs)
Common conditions associated with Confusion:
- Depression: 2,795 reports
- High blood pressure: 2,328 reports
- Pain: 2,150 reports
- Multiple sclerosis: 1,569 reports
All the conditions that are associated with Confusion:
- Confusion (2,809 conditions)
How the study uses the data?
The study uses data from the FDA. It is based on rosuvastatin calcium (the active ingredients of Rosuvastatin calcium) and Rosuvastatin calcium (the brand name). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered. Dosage of drugs is not considered in the study.
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 700+ medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Imodium Multi-Symptom Relief and Sodium Bicarbonate drug interaction - 16 seconds ago
- Lemtrada and Infection - 19 seconds ago
- Trilyte and Nitrofurantoin drug interaction - 21 seconds ago
- Astepro and Tessalon drug interaction - 35 seconds ago
- Venofer and Diphenhydramine Hydrochloride drug interaction - 36 seconds ago
- Valtrex and Xalkori drug interaction - 39 seconds ago
- Aubagio and Tiazac drug interaction - 46 seconds ago
- Viagra and Stomatitis - 46 seconds ago
- Glyburide and Tylox drug interaction - 55 seconds ago
- Capecitabine and Ibandronate Sodium drug interaction - 58 seconds ago