Rytary and Oesophageal food impaction - a phase IV clinical study of FDA data
We study 15,863 people who have side effects when taking Rytary. Oesophageal food impaction is found, especially among people who are female, 60+ old, also take Metformin and have Carpal tunnel syndrome.
The phase IV clinical study analyzes which people take Rytary and have Oesophageal food impaction. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports from the FDA, and is updated regularly. You may use the study as a second opinion to make health care decisions.
Phase IV trials are used to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor drug effectiveness in the real world. With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe is running millions of phase IV trials and makes the results available to the public. Our original studies have been referenced on 700+ medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature.
15,863 people reported to have side effects when taking Rytary.
Among them, 3 people (0.02%) have Oesophageal food impaction.
What is Rytary?
Rytary has active ingredients of carbidopa; levodopa. Currently, eHealthMe is studying from 15,896 Rytary users.
What is Oesophageal food impaction?
Oesophageal food impaction (blockage of oesophagus by food) is found to be associated with 307 drugs and 139 conditions by eHealthMe. Currently, we are studying 349 people who have Oesophageal food impaction.
Number of Rytary and Oesophageal food impaction reports submitted per year:
Gender of people who have Oesophageal food impaction when taking Rytary *:
- female: 100 %
- male: 0.0 %
Age of people who have Oesophageal food impaction when taking Rytary *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 0.0 %
- 30-39: 0.0 %
- 40-49: 0.0 %
- 50-59: 0.0 %
- 60+: 100 %
Common drugs people take besides Rytary *:
- Metformin: 3 people, 100.00%
Common side effects people have besides Oesophageal food impaction *:
- Pre-Existing Condition Improved: 3 people, 100.00%
- Hoarseness Or Changing Voice: 3 people, 100.00%
- Fall: 3 people, 100.00%
Common conditions people have *:
- Parkinson's Disease: 3 people, 100.00%
- Neuropathy Peripheral (surface nerve damage): 3 people, 100.00%
- Epicondylitis (tennis elbow): 3 people, 100.00%
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome (nerve compression at wrist results numbness weakness, pain , swelling): 3 people, 100.00%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you take Rytary and have Oesophageal food impaction?Check whether Oesophageal food impaction is associated with a drug or a condition
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Rytary side effects by duration, gender and age:
- Rytary side effects (15,896 reports)
Oesophageal food impaction treatments and more:
- Oesophageal food impaction (349 reports)
All the drugs that are associated with Oesophageal food impaction:
- Oesophageal food impaction (307 drugs)
All the conditions that are associated with Oesophageal food impaction:
- Oesophageal food impaction (139 conditions)
How the study uses the data?
The study uses data from the FDA. It is based on carbidopa; levodopa (the active ingredients of Rytary) and Rytary (the brand name). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered. Dosage of drugs is not considered in the study.
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 700+ medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Alimta and Chills - a second ago
- Vitamin D3 and Mycamine drug interaction - a second ago
- Amoxicillin and Juluca drug interaction - 4 seconds ago
- Insulin and Meningioma - 6 seconds ago
- Prednisolone and Haemorrhage Urinary Tract - 6 seconds ago
- Pertzye and Diflunisal drug interaction - 9 seconds ago
- Meloxicam and Cardiotoxicity - 9 seconds ago
- Xifaxan and Paxil drug interaction - 9 seconds ago
- Invokana and Bydureon drug interaction - 9 seconds ago
- Paclitaxel and Aplastic Anemia - 17 seconds ago