Who have Hot flushes with Sandostatin lar - from FDA reports
Hot flushes is found among people who take Sandostatin lar, especially for people who are female, 60+ old , have been taking the drug for 1 - 6 months, also take medication Sandostatin, and have Neuroendocrine tumor. This study is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 21,554 people who have side effects when taking Sandostatin lar from FDA, and is updated regularly.
How to use this study: bring a copy to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Peer to Peer mobile support
Peer support for this study is available on our Ginger Health app. It's free, anonymous and secure. The app is ideal for people taking multiple medications or having multiple conditions.
21,554 people reported to have side effects when taking Sandostatin lar.
Among them, 369 people (1.71%) have Hot flushes
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on Sandostatin lar when people have Hot flushes *:
- < 1 month: 11.11 %
- 1 - 6 months: 44.44 %
- 6 - 12 months: 3.7 %
- 1 - 2 years: 18.52 %
- 2 - 5 years: 7.41 %
- 5 - 10 years: 14.81 %
- 10+ years: 0.0 %
Gender of people who have Hot flushes when taking Sandostatin lar *:
- female: 72.24 %
- male: 27.76 %
Age of people who have Hot flushes when taking Sandostatin lar *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 1.69 %
- 30-39: 2.11 %
- 40-49: 9.7 %
- 50-59: 22.36 %
- 60+: 64.14 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Neuroendocrine Tumor: 131 people, 35.50%
- Carcinoid Tumor: 82 people, 22.22%
- Metastatic Carcinoid Tumor: 19 people, 5.15%
- High Blood Pressure: 13 people, 3.52%
- Pain: 11 people, 2.98%
- Diarrhea: 10 people, 2.71%
- Pancreatic Neuroendocrine Tumor: 10 people, 2.71%
- Atrial Fibrillation/flutter (atrial fibrillation and flutter are abnormal heart rhythms in which the atria, or upper chambers of the heart, are out of sync with the ventricles): 9 people, 2.44%
- Carcinoid Tumor Of The Small Bowel: 9 people, 2.44%
- Blood Pressure Management: 8 people, 2.17%
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Sandostatin: 100 people, 27.10%
- Afinitor: 21 people, 5.69%
- Synthroid: 16 people, 4.34%
- Morphine: 15 people, 4.07%
- Oxycontin: 14 people, 3.79%
- Vitamin D: 11 people, 2.98%
- Dilaudid: 10 people, 2.71%
- Metformin: 10 people, 2.71%
- Digoxin: 10 people, 2.71%
- Tylenol: 10 people, 2.71%
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Diarrhea: 256 people, 69.38%
- Nausea (feeling of having an urge to vomit): 182 people, 49.32%
- Fatigue (feeling of tiredness): 169 people, 45.80%
- High Blood Pressure: 169 people, 45.80%
- Skin Blushing/flushing (a sudden reddening of the face, neck): 142 people, 38.48%
- Dizziness: 139 people, 37.67%
- Weakness: 116 people, 31.44%
- Blood Pressure Systolic Increased: 114 people, 30.89%
- Abdominal Pain: 111 people, 30.08%
- Headache (pain in head): 109 people, 29.54%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you have Hot flushes while taking Sandostatin lar?
- Check whether a drug or a condition causes Hot flushes
- Subscribe to monitor Hot flushes in Sandostatin lar
You are not alone:
- Connect with people like you who take Sandostatin lar and have Hot flushes
- Use your healthcare experience to help people like you, and be rewarded
Sandostatin lar has active ingredients of octreotide acetate. It is often used in acromegaly. (latest outcomes from Sandostatin lar 21,605 users)
Hot flushes (sudden feelings of heat) has been reported by people with prostate cancer, multiple sclerosis, endometriosis, breast cancer, high blood cholesterol (latest reports from 48,441 Hot flushes patients).
Drugs that are associated with Hot flushesHot flushes (2,318 drugs)
Could your condition cause Hot flushesHot flushes (1,894 conditions)
Sandostatin lar side effects
- Sandostatin lar side effects (21,574 reports)
Browse by gender and age
Browse all side effects of Sandostatin lara b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Related publications that referenced our studies
- Azkur D, Yoldas T, Toyran M, Kocabas CN, "A pediatric case of anaphylaxis due to octreotide", Asian Pacific journal of allergy and immunology, 2011 Dec .
- Puvanendran R, Teo HZ, "Case report of use of Black Cohosh for carbamazepine induced hot flushes in a post menopausal woman", Maturitas, 2017 Jun .
- Saif MW, "Rheumatoid arthritis associated with the use of Sandostatin® LAR® depot in a patient with pancreatic neuroendocrine tumor", An association or a coincidence? The first case report, 2013 Jan .
What would happen?
FDA reports used in this study
- Want to find out more about the FDA reports used in the study? You can request them from FDA.
Recent general studies
- Will you have Cholinergic Syndrome with Protonix? - now
- Will you have Lymphopenia with Nuedexta? - a second ago
- Will you have Multiple Sclerosis Relapse with Altavera? - 2 seconds ago
- Will you have Obs with Sennosides? - 3 seconds ago
- Will you have Imminent Abortion with Amlodipine? - 5 seconds ago
- Will you have Macule with Amicar? - 6 seconds ago
- Will you have Floating Patella with Flonase? - 7 seconds ago
- Will you have Swallowing Pain Or Burning with Zyrtec? - 7 seconds ago
- Will you have Odynophagia with Zyrtec? - 7 seconds ago
- Will you have Burning Feeling When Swallowing with Zyrtec? - 7 seconds ago
Recent personal studies
- A study for a 41 year old woman who takes Propranolol Hydrochloride - 16 minutes ago
- A study for a 19 year old girl who takes Vyvanse, Prednisone - an hour ago
- A study for a 26 year old woman who takes Trileptal, Wellbutrin Sr, Seroquel, Strattera - 2 hours ago
- A study for a 17 year old girl who takes Sotret - 3 hours ago
- A study for a 37 year old woman who takes Humira, Lorazepam, Tramadol, Marijuana - 4 hours ago
- A study for a 48 year old woman who takes Celexa, Wellbutrin, Gabapentin - 4 hours ago
- Prediction of Alendronic Acid, Rabeprazole Sodium, Zyrtec, Symbicort, Dutasteride, Meloxicam for a 75 year old man - 5 hours ago
- A study for a 73 year old woman who takes Miralax - 5 hours ago
- A study for a 68 year old man who takes Gaviscon, Atorvastatin Calcium - 6 hours ago
- A study for a 69 year old woman who takes Tramadol - 6 hours ago
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.