Sectral and Heart palpitations - a phase IV clinical study of FDA data
Heart palpitations is found among people who take Sectral, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month.
The phase IV clinical study analyzes which people take Sectral and have Heart palpitations. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 3,448 people who have side effects when taking Sectral from the FDA, and is updated regularly. You can use the study as a second opinion to make health care decisions.
Phase IV trials are used to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor drug effectiveness in the real world. With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe is running millions of phase IV trials and makes the results available to the public. Our original studies have been referenced on 600+ medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature.
3,448 people reported to have side effects when taking Sectral.
Among them, 53 people (1.54%) have Heart palpitations.
What is Sectral?
Sectral has active ingredients of acebutolol hydrochloride. It is often used in high blood pressure. eHealthMe is studying from 3,486 Sectral users for its effectiveness, alternative drugs and more.
What is Heart palpitations?
Heart palpitations (feelings or sensations that your heart is pounding or racing) is found to be associated with 4,027 drugs and 3,504 conditions by eHealthMe.
Number of Sectral and Heart palpitations reports submitted per year:
Time on Sectral when people have Heart palpitations *:
- < 1 month: 100 %
- 1 - 6 months: 0.0 %
- 6 - 12 months: 0.0 %
- 1 - 2 years: 0.0 %
- 2 - 5 years: 0.0 %
- 5 - 10 years: 0.0 %
- 10+ years: 0.0 %
Gender of people who have Heart palpitations when taking Sectral *:
- female: 68.63 %
- male: 31.37 %
Age of people who have Heart palpitations when taking Sectral *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 2.56 %
- 20-29: 0.0 %
- 30-39: 10.26 %
- 40-49: 17.95 %
- 50-59: 28.21 %
- 60+: 41.03 %
Common drugs people take besides Sectral *:
- Levaquin: 9 people, 16.98%
- Klonopin: 8 people, 15.09%
- Neurontin: 7 people, 13.21%
- Lyrica: 6 people, 11.32%
- Nexium: 6 people, 11.32%
- Mepron: 5 people, 9.43%
- Azithromycin: 5 people, 9.43%
- Prilosec: 5 people, 9.43%
- Protonix: 5 people, 9.43%
- Vitamin E: 4 people, 7.55%
Common side effects people have besides Heart palpitations *:
- Chest Pain: 16 people, 30.19%
- Drug Ineffective: 10 people, 18.87%
- Feeling Abnormal: 9 people, 16.98%
- Fatigue (feeling of tiredness): 9 people, 16.98%
- Insomnia (sleeplessness): 8 people, 15.09%
- Breathing Difficulty: 8 people, 15.09%
- Nausea (feeling of having an urge to vomit): 8 people, 15.09%
- Nervousness: 8 people, 15.09%
- Heart Rate Increased: 8 people, 15.09%
- Weakness: 7 people, 13.21%
Common conditions people have *:
- Pain: 5 people, 9.43%
- Neuropathy Peripheral (surface nerve damage): 5 people, 9.43%
- Neuralgia (pain in one or more nerves): 4 people, 7.55%
- Ill-Defined Disorder: 3 people, 5.66%
- Mitral Valve Prolapse (heart's mitral valve doesn't work well): 2 people, 3.77%
- Rheumatoid Arthritis (a chronic progressive disease causing inflammation in the joints): 2 people, 3.77%
- Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (a condition in which stomach contents leak backward from the stomach into the oesophagus): 2 people, 3.77%
- Hiv Infection: 1 person, 1.89%
- Cardiac Failure: 1 person, 1.89%
- Dementia Alzheimer's Type (loss of mental ability with alzheimer's symptom): 1 person, 1.89%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you take Sectral and have Heart palpitations?Check whether Heart palpitations is associated with a drug or a condition
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
How severe was Heart palpitations and when was it recovered:
Expand to all the drugs that have ingredients of acebutolol hydrochloride:
Alternative drugs to, pros and cons of Sectral:
- Sectral (3,486 reports)
Common Sectral side effects:
- Thrombocytopenia (decrease of platelets in blood): 165 reports
- Weakness: 162 reports
- Fever: 159 reports
- Breathing difficulty: 155 reports
- Malaise (a feeling of general discomfort or uneasiness): 136 reports
- Drug ineffective: 132 reports
Browse all side effects of Sectral:a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Heart palpitations treatments and more:
- Heart palpitations (131,626 reports)
COVID vaccines that are related to Heart palpitations:
- Heart palpitations in Moderna COVID Vaccine
- Heart palpitations in Pfizer BioNTech Covid Vaccine
- Heart palpitations in Johnson and Johnson Covid Vaccine
Common drugs associated with Heart palpitations:
- Aspirin: 5,156 reports
- Synthroid: 4,583 reports
- Prednisone: 4,245 reports
- Metformin: 3,084 reports
- Omeprazole: 3,072 reports
- Amlodipine: 3,045 reports
- Lisinopril: 2,728 reports
- Lipitor: 2,661 reports
- Vitamin d: 2,641 reports
- Methotrexate: 2,529 reports
All the drugs that are associated with Heart palpitations:
- Heart palpitations (4,027 drugs)
Common conditions associated with Heart palpitations:
- High blood pressure: 6,697 reports
- Multiple sclerosis: 4,455 reports
- Primary pulmonary hypertension: 4,261 reports
- Depression: 4,136 reports
- Rheumatoid arthritis: 3,925 reports
- Osteoporosis: 3,255 reports
- Pain: 3,177 reports
All the conditions that are associated with Heart palpitations:
- Heart palpitations (3,504 conditions)
How the study uses the data?
The study uses data from the FDA. It is based on acebutolol hydrochloride (the active ingredients of Sectral) and Sectral (the brand name). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered. Dosage of drugs is not considered in the study.
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 600+ medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Undifferentiated Connective Tissue Disease and drugs of ingredients of losartan potassium - now
- Xopenex Hfa and Influenza Like Illness - 18 seconds ago
- Burkitt Lymphoma and Primary Intestinal Pseudo-Obstruction - 20 seconds ago
- Emend and Fibrin D Dimer Increased - 23 seconds ago
- Questran and Neuralgia - 25 seconds ago
- Sandostatin and Diabetes Insipidus - 32 seconds ago
- Fish Oil and Pulmonary Oedema Aggravated - 32 seconds ago
- Santyl and Pantoprazole drug interaction - 33 seconds ago
- Keratosis Pilaris in Humira, how severe and when it was recovered? - 37 seconds ago
- Sinequan and Hyperprolactinaemia - 38 seconds ago