Selenium sulfide and Urinary retention - a phase IV clinical study of FDA data
Urinary retention is reported only by a few people who take Selenium Sulfide.
The phase IV clinical study analyzes which people take Selenium sulfide and have Urinary retention. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 683 people who have side effects while taking Selenium sulfide from the FDA, and is updated regularly.
Phase IV trials are used to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor drug effectiveness in the real world. With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe is running millions of phase IV trials and makes the results available to the public. Our original studies have been referenced on 600+ medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature.
683 people reported to have side effects when taking Selenium sulfide.
Among them, 4 people (0.59%) have Urinary retention.
What is Selenium sulfide?
Selenium sulfide has active ingredients of selenium sulfide. It is often used in seborrheic dermatitis. eHealthMe is studying from 712 Selenium sulfide users for its effectiveness, alternative drugs and more.
What is Urinary retention?
Urinary retention (the inability to completely or partially empty the bladder) is found to be associated with 2,360 drugs and 1,604 conditions by eHealthMe.
Number of Selenium sulfide and Urinary retention reports submitted per year:
Gender of people who have Urinary retention when taking Selenium sulfide *:
- female: 0.0 %
- male: 100 %
Age of people who have Urinary retention when taking Selenium sulfide *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 25 %
- 30-39: 0.0 %
- 40-49: 0.0 %
- 50-59: 0.0 %
- 60+: 75 %
Common drugs people take besides Selenium sulfide *:
- Xanax: 2 people, 50.00%
- Tamsulosin: 2 people, 50.00%
- Apixaban: 2 people, 50.00%
- Bumex: 2 people, 50.00%
- Cefazolin: 2 people, 50.00%
- Miralax: 2 people, 50.00%
- Melatonin: 2 people, 50.00%
- Zolpidem: 2 people, 50.00%
- Eliquis: 2 people, 50.00%
- Lactobacillus Acidophilus: 2 people, 50.00%
Common side effects people have besides Urinary retention *:
- Left Ventricular Failure (left ventricle fails to contract forcefully): 2 people, 50.00%
- Vision Blurred: 1 person, 25.00%
- High Blood Pressure: 1 person, 25.00%
- Anger: 1 person, 25.00%
- Chest Pain: 1 person, 25.00%
- Conjunctivitis (pink eye): 1 person, 25.00%
- Constipation: 1 person, 25.00%
- Dehydration (dryness resulting from the removal of water): 1 person, 25.00%
- Dermatitis Allergic (inflammation of the skin due allergic reaction): 1 person, 25.00%
- Diabetes: 1 person, 25.00%
Common conditions people have *:
- Cardiac Failure: 2 people, 50.00%
- Psychotic Disorder: 1 person, 25.00%
- Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (a progressive disease that makes it hard to breathe): 1 person, 25.00%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you take Selenium sulfide and have Urinary retention?Check whether Urinary retention is associated with a drug or a condition
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Related publications that referenced our studies
- Schattner A, Al-Bewerat A, "Levetiracetam (Keppra), urinary retention and literature search", A fatty cause of renal failure; what is your diagnosis?, 2016 Oct .
How severe was Urinary retention and when was it recovered:
Expand to all the drugs that have ingredients of selenium sulfide:
Alternative drugs to, pros and cons of Selenium sulfide:
- Selenium sulfide (712 reports)
Urinary retention treatments and more:
- Urinary retention (38,115 reports)
COVID vaccines that are related to Urinary retention:
- Urinary retention in Moderna COVID Vaccine
- Urinary retention in Pfizer BioNTech Covid Vaccine
- Urinary retention in Johnson and Johnson Covid Vaccine
Common drugs associated with Urinary retention:
- Aspirin: 1,784 reports
- Omeprazole: 1,415 reports
- Furosemide: 1,172 reports
- Prednisone: 1,168 reports
- Metformin: 1,067 reports
- Gabapentin: 1,015 reports
- Lyrica: 944 reports
- Spiriva: 940 reports
- Morphine: 937 reports
- Lasix: 934 reports
All the drugs that are associated with Urinary retention:
- Urinary retention (2,360 drugs)
Common conditions associated with Urinary retention:
- High blood pressure: 2,127 reports
- Multiple sclerosis: 2,045 reports
- Pain: 1,815 reports
- Depression: 1,764 reports
- Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease: 886 reports
All the conditions that are associated with Urinary retention:
- Urinary retention (1,604 conditions)
How the study uses the data?
The study uses data from the FDA. It is based on selenium sulfide (the active ingredients of Selenium sulfide) and Selenium sulfide (the brand name). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered. Dosage of drugs is not considered in the study.
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 600+ medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Nexium and Rash Papular - a second ago
- Opsumit and Suffocation Feeling - a second ago
- Doxycycline and Rash Papular - 3 seconds ago
- Fish Oil and Dexilant drug interaction - 4 seconds ago
- Zide and Rash Papular - 4 seconds ago
- Xeljanz Xr and Poor Venous Access - 6 seconds ago
- Midodrine Hydrochloride and Bone Disorder - 7 seconds ago
- Diphen and Rash Papular - 11 seconds ago
- Atomoxetine and Antisocial Behavior - 18 seconds ago
- Acne and Rash Papular - 20 seconds ago