Selenium and Rotator cuff syndrome - a phase IV clinical study of FDA data
Rotator cuff syndrome is found among people who take Selenium, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for 6 - 12 months.
The phase IV clinical study analyzes which people take Selenium and have Rotator cuff syndrome. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 4,192 people who have side effects when taking Selenium from the FDA, and is updated regularly. You can use the study as a second opinion to make health care decisions.
Phase IV trials are used to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor drug effectiveness in the real world. With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe is running millions of phase IV trials and makes the results available to the public. Our original studies have been referenced on 600+ medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature.
4,192 people reported to have side effects when taking Selenium.
Among them, 47 people (1.12%) have Rotator cuff syndrome.
What is Selenium?
Selenium has active ingredients of selenium. It is often used in vitamin supplementation. eHealthMe is studying from 4,411 Selenium users for its effectiveness, alternative drugs and more.
What is Rotator cuff syndrome?
Rotator cuff syndrome (a spectrum of conditions affecting the rotator cuff tendons of the shoulder) is found to be associated with 1,532 drugs and 1,005 conditions by eHealthMe.
Number of Selenium and Rotator cuff syndrome reports submitted per year:
Time on Selenium when people have Rotator cuff syndrome *:
- < 1 month: 0.0 %
- 1 - 6 months: 0.0 %
- 6 - 12 months: 100 %
- 1 - 2 years: 0.0 %
- 2 - 5 years: 0.0 %
- 5 - 10 years: 0.0 %
- 10+ years: 0.0 %
Gender of people who have Rotator cuff syndrome when taking Selenium *:
- female: 53.19 %
- male: 46.81 %
Age of people who have Rotator cuff syndrome when taking Selenium *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 0.0 %
- 30-39: 0.0 %
- 40-49: 0.0 %
- 50-59: 42.86 %
- 60+: 57.14 %
Common drugs people take besides Selenium *:
- Zometa: 34 people, 72.34%
- Celebrex: 26 people, 55.32%
- Vicodin: 24 people, 51.06%
- Diazepam: 23 people, 48.94%
- Bextra: 22 people, 46.81%
- Fosamax: 22 people, 46.81%
- Plavix: 22 people, 46.81%
- Lipitor: 20 people, 42.55%
- Crestor: 20 people, 42.55%
- Oxycontin: 19 people, 40.43%
Common side effects people have besides Rotator cuff syndrome *:
- Osteonecrosis Of Jaw (death of bone of jaw): 33 people, 70.21%
- Fall: 32 people, 68.09%
- Tooth Disorder (tooth disease): 32 people, 68.09%
- Rib Fracture: 31 people, 65.96%
- Osteoarthritis (a joint disease caused by cartilage loss in a joint): 29 people, 61.70%
- Osteopenia (a condition where bone mineral density is lower than normal): 28 people, 59.57%
- Oedema Peripheral (superficial swelling): 26 people, 55.32%
- Pain: 25 people, 53.19%
- Injury: 25 people, 53.19%
- Enlarged Heart: 23 people, 48.94%
Common conditions people have *:
- Bone Density Abnormal: 11 people, 23.40%
- Prostate Cancer: 10 people, 21.28%
- Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (a condition in which stomach contents leak backward from the stomach into the oesophagus): 5 people, 10.64%
- High Blood Cholesterol: 5 people, 10.64%
- Osteoporosis (bones weak and more likely to break): 5 people, 10.64%
- Asthma: 4 people, 8.51%
- Stress And Anxiety: 4 people, 8.51%
- High Blood Pressure: 4 people, 8.51%
- Pain: 4 people, 8.51%
- Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (a progressive disease that makes it hard to breathe): 3 people, 6.38%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you take Selenium and have Rotator cuff syndrome?Check whether Rotator cuff syndrome is associated with a drug or a condition
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
How severe was Rotator cuff syndrome and when was it recovered:
Expand to all the drugs that have ingredients of selenium:
Alternative drugs to, pros and cons of Selenium:
- Selenium (4,411 reports)
Common Selenium side effects:
Browse all side effects of Selenium:a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Rotator cuff syndrome treatments and more:
- Rotator cuff syndrome (17,212 reports)
COVID vaccines that are related to Rotator cuff syndrome:
- Rotator cuff syndrome in Moderna COVID Vaccine
- Rotator cuff syndrome in Pfizer BioNTech Covid Vaccine
- Rotator cuff syndrome in Johnson and Johnson Covid Vaccine
Common drugs associated with Rotator cuff syndrome:
All the drugs that are associated with Rotator cuff syndrome:
- Rotator cuff syndrome (1,532 drugs)
Common conditions associated with Rotator cuff syndrome:
All the conditions that are associated with Rotator cuff syndrome:
- Rotator cuff syndrome (1,005 conditions)
How the study uses the data?
The study uses data from the FDA. It is based on selenium (the active ingredients of Selenium) and Selenium (the brand name). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered. Dosage of drugs is not considered in the study.
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 600+ medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Omnipaque 240 and Headache - 6 seconds ago
- Pravachol and Vitamin B12 Deficiency - 19 seconds ago
- Accolate and Activated Partial Thromboplastin Time Prolonged - 21 seconds ago
- Tpn and Plavix drug interaction - 37 seconds ago
- Ferrous Fumarate and Hyperglycemia - 41 seconds ago
- Morphine Sulfate and Bloxiverz drug interaction - 44 seconds ago
- Furosemide and Iodine Allergy - a minute ago
- Pegasys and Dermatitis Atopic - a minute ago
- Norditropin and Breast Cyst - a minute ago
- Nolvadex and Cystitis Interstitial - a minute ago