Selenium and Serum ferritin increased - a phase IV clinical study of FDA data
Serum ferritin increased is reported only by a few people who take Selenium.
The phase IV clinical study analyzes which people take Selenium and have Serum ferritin increased. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 4,192 people who have side effects while taking Selenium from the FDA, and is updated regularly.
Phase IV trials are used to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor drug effectiveness in the real world. With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe is running millions of phase IV trials and makes the results available to the public. Our original studies have been referenced on 600+ medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature.
4,192 people reported to have side effects when taking Selenium.
Among them, 5 people (0.12%) have Serum ferritin increased.
What is Selenium?
Selenium has active ingredients of selenium. It is often used in vitamin supplementation. eHealthMe is studying from 4,411 Selenium users for its effectiveness, alternative drugs and more.
What is Serum ferritin increased?
Serum ferritin increased is found to be associated with 1,190 drugs and 743 conditions by eHealthMe.
Number of Selenium and Serum ferritin increased reports submitted per year:
Gender of people who have Serum ferritin increased when taking Selenium *:
- female: 20 %
- male: 80 %
Age of people who have Serum ferritin increased when taking Selenium *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 0.0 %
- 30-39: 20 %
- 40-49: 0.0 %
- 50-59: 0.0 %
- 60+: 80 %
Common drugs people take besides Selenium *:
- Imbruvica: 2 people, 40.00%
- Coenzyme Q10: 2 people, 40.00%
- Vitamin C: 2 people, 40.00%
- Trental: 2 people, 40.00%
- Tikosyn: 2 people, 40.00%
- Synthroid: 2 people, 40.00%
- Lopressor: 2 people, 40.00%
- Dymista: 1 person, 20.00%
- Darunavir: 1 person, 20.00%
- Curcumin: 1 person, 20.00%
Common side effects people have besides Serum ferritin increased *:
- Anaemia (lack of blood): 3 people, 60.00%
- Fatigue (feeling of tiredness): 3 people, 60.00%
- Weight Increased: 2 people, 40.00%
- Diarrhea: 2 people, 40.00%
- Lymph Follicular Hypertrophy (an increase in the size of the lymph node follicles): 2 people, 40.00%
- Indigestion: 2 people, 40.00%
- Weakness: 2 people, 40.00%
- Hypotension (abnormally low blood pressure): 2 people, 40.00%
- Heart Rate Decreased: 2 people, 40.00%
- Heart Palpitations (feelings or sensations that your heart is pounding or racing): 2 people, 40.00%
Common conditions people have *:
- Waldenstrom's Macroglobulinaemia (cancer affects small lymphocytes (white blood cells)): 2 people, 40.00%
- Hypothyroidism (abnormally low activity of the thyroid gland, resulting in retardation of growth and mental development): 2 people, 40.00%
- Atrial Fibrillation/flutter (atrial fibrillation and flutter are abnormal heart rhythms in which the atria, or upper chambers of the heart, are out of sync with the ventricles): 2 people, 40.00%
- Nasal Congestion (blockage of the nasal passages usually due to membranes lining the nose becoming swollen from inflamed blood vessels): 2 people, 40.00%
- Urinary Tract Infection: 2 people, 40.00%
- Inflammation: 2 people, 40.00%
- Back Pain: 1 person, 20.00%
- Cytomegalovirus Infection: 1 person, 20.00%
- Diabetes: 1 person, 20.00%
- Diarrhea: 1 person, 20.00%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you take Selenium and have Serum ferritin increased?Check whether Serum ferritin increased is associated with a drug or a condition
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
How severe was Serum ferritin increased and when was it recovered:
Expand to all the drugs that have ingredients of selenium:
Alternative drugs to, pros and cons of Selenium:
- Selenium (4,411 reports)
Common Selenium side effects:
Browse all side effects of Selenium:a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Serum ferritin increased treatments and more:
- Serum ferritin increased (6,836 reports)
COVID vaccines that are related to Serum ferritin increased:
- Serum ferritin increased in Moderna COVID Vaccine
- Serum ferritin increased in Pfizer BioNTech Covid Vaccine
- Serum ferritin increased in Johnson and Johnson Covid Vaccine
Common drugs associated with Serum ferritin increased:
All the drugs that are associated with Serum ferritin increased:
- Serum ferritin increased (1,190 drugs)
Common conditions associated with Serum ferritin increased:
All the conditions that are associated with Serum ferritin increased:
- Serum ferritin increased (743 conditions)
How the study uses the data?
The study uses data from the FDA. It is based on selenium (the active ingredients of Selenium) and Selenium (the brand name). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered. Dosage of drugs is not considered in the study.
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 600+ medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Meloxicam and Mestinon drug interaction - 3 seconds ago
- Plaquenil and Vitamin B2 drug interaction - 4 seconds ago
- Inderal and Hoarseness Or Changing Voice - 6 seconds ago
- Coumadin and Blocadren drug interaction - 25 seconds ago
- Imuran and Dalmane drug interaction - 35 seconds ago
- Ranitidine and Potassium Chloride drug interaction - 38 seconds ago
- Mixed Connective Tissue Disease and Hearing Loss - 39 seconds ago
- Enbrel and Proctocolitis - 56 seconds ago
- Shock and Breathing - Slowed Or Stopped - a minute ago
- Cefuroxime and Total Lung Capacity Abnormal - a minute ago