Sensipar and Abnormal loss of weight - a phase IV clinical study of FDA data
Abnormal loss of weight is reported only by a few people who take Sensipar.
The phase IV clinical study analyzes which people take Sensipar and have Abnormal loss of weight. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 45,741 people who have side effects while taking Sensipar from the FDA, and is updated regularly.
Phase IV trials are used to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor drug effectiveness in the real world. With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe is running millions of phase IV trials and makes the results available to the public. Our original studies have been referenced on 600+ medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature.
45,741 people reported to have side effects when taking Sensipar.
Among them, 3 people (0.01%) have Abnormal loss of weight.
What is Sensipar?
Sensipar has active ingredients of cinacalcet hydrochloride. It is often used in hyperparathyroidism secondary. eHealthMe is studying from 45,572 Sensipar users for its effectiveness, alternative drugs and more.
What is Abnormal loss of weight?
Abnormal loss of weight is found to be associated with 905 drugs and 646 conditions by eHealthMe.
Number of Sensipar and Abnormal loss of weight reports submitted per year:
Gender of people who have Abnormal loss of weight when taking Sensipar *:
- female: 100 %
- male: 0.0 %
Age of people who have Abnormal loss of weight when taking Sensipar *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 0.0 %
- 30-39: 0.0 %
- 40-49: 33.33 %
- 50-59: 0.0 %
- 60+: 66.67 %
Common drugs people take besides Sensipar *:
- Zofran: 1 person, 33.33%
- Lovenox: 1 person, 33.33%
- Amlodipine Besylate: 1 person, 33.33%
- Aspirin: 1 person, 33.33%
- Ativan: 1 person, 33.33%
- Brovana: 1 person, 33.33%
- Colace: 1 person, 33.33%
- Coreg: 1 person, 33.33%
- Digoxin: 1 person, 33.33%
- Furosemide: 1 person, 33.33%
Common side effects people have besides Abnormal loss of weight *:
- Hypotension (abnormally low blood pressure): 2 people, 66.67%
- Breathing Difficulty: 2 people, 66.67%
- Wound: 1 person, 33.33%
- Encephalopathy (functioning of the brain is affected by some agent or condition): 1 person, 33.33%
- Death: 1 person, 33.33%
- Depression: 1 person, 33.33%
- Diarrhea: 1 person, 33.33%
- Dilatation Ventricular: 1 person, 33.33%
- Disease Progression: 1 person, 33.33%
- Dizziness: 1 person, 33.33%
Common conditions people have *:
- Multiple Myeloma (cancer of the plasma cells): 1 person, 33.33%
- Fluid Retention (an abnormal accumulation of fluid in the blood): 1 person, 33.33%
- Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (a progressive disease that makes it hard to breathe): 1 person, 33.33%
- Cardiac Disorder: 1 person, 33.33%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you take Sensipar and have Abnormal loss of weight?Check whether Abnormal loss of weight is associated with a drug or a condition
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
How severe was Abnormal loss of weight and when was it recovered:
Expand to all the drugs that have ingredients of cinacalcet hydrochloride:
Alternative drugs to, pros and cons of Sensipar:
- Sensipar (45,572 reports)
Common Sensipar side effects:
Browse all side effects of Sensipar:a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Abnormal loss of weight treatments and more:
- Abnormal loss of weight (6,036 reports)
COVID vaccines that are related to Abnormal loss of weight:
- Abnormal loss of weight in Moderna COVID Vaccine
- Abnormal loss of weight in Pfizer BioNTech Covid Vaccine
- Abnormal loss of weight in Johnson and Johnson Covid Vaccine
Common drugs associated with Abnormal loss of weight:
All the drugs that are associated with Abnormal loss of weight:
- Abnormal loss of weight (906 drugs)
Common conditions associated with Abnormal loss of weight:
All the conditions that are associated with Abnormal loss of weight:
- Abnormal loss of weight (646 conditions)
How the study uses the data?
The study uses data from the FDA. It is based on cinacalcet hydrochloride (the active ingredients of Sensipar) and Sensipar (the brand name). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered. Dosage of drugs is not considered in the study.
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 600+ medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Lortab vs. Ativan - now
- Nerve Injury and Fatigue - a second ago
- Hydroxychloroquine Sulfate and Dupuytren'S Contracture - a second ago
- Neuralgia and Irritability - 3 seconds ago
- Atropine and Ischaemic Neuropathy - 3 seconds ago
- Lasix and Obstructive Airways Disorder - 15 seconds ago
- Soriatane and Senna drug interaction - 19 seconds ago
- Mepron and Abdominal Pain - 20 seconds ago
- Enjuvia and Savella drug interaction - 22 seconds ago
- Cytomel and Spinal Column Stenosis - 27 seconds ago