Septra ds and Haemolysis - from FDA reports
Haemolysis is found among people who take Septra ds, especially for people who are male, 60+ old , have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Flovent, and have Type 1 diabetes. This review analyzes which people have Haemolysis with Septra ds. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 1,571 people who have side effects when taking Septra ds from FDA , and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Nov, 20, 2017
1,571 people reported to have side effects when taking Septra ds.
Among them, 6 people (0.38%) have Haemolysis
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on Septra ds when people have Haemolysis *:
- < 1 month: 100 %
- 1 - 6 months: 0.0 %
- 6 - 12 months: 0.0 %
- 1 - 2 years: 0.0 %
- 2 - 5 years: 0.0 %
- 5 - 10 years: 0.0 %
- 10+ years: 0.0 %
Gender of people who have Haemolysis when taking Septra ds *:
- female: 16.67 %
- male: 83.33 %
Age of people who have Haemolysis when taking Septra ds *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 16.67 %
- 30-39: 0.0 %
- 40-49: 0.0 %
- 50-59: 0.0 %
- 60+: 83.33 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Wound Infection (1 person, 16.67%)
- Type 1 Diabetes (1 person, 16.67%)
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Tylenol (5 people, 83.33%)
- Flovent (5 people, 83.33%)
- Ventolin (4 people, 66.67%)
- Dilaudid (4 people, 66.67%)
- Cefotaxime (4 people, 66.67%)
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Jaundice - Yellow Skin (4 people, 66.67%)
- Haemoglobin Decreased (3 people, 50.00%)
- Blood Bilirubin Increased (3 people, 50.00%)
- Low Density Lipoprotein Increased (2 people, 33.33%)
- Cold Agglutinins Positive (2 people, 33.33%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Subscribe to the study: get notified of updates to the study.
Do you have Haemolysis when taking Septra ds?
- Check symptoms - is haemolysis caused by a drug or a condition?
- Get alerts to symptoms - forecast your symptoms and get alerts
- Join related support groups - you are not alone, join a support group on ehealth.me
- Report the side effect - help people in need and in real time
- Ask a question - ask a question related to the study
- write a review - share your experience related to the study
- More tools...
Expand the study to include all drugs with the same ingredientsHaemolysis and drugs with ingredients of sulfamethoxazole; trimethoprim.
Expand the study to include reports from both FDA and eHealthMeHaemolysis and Septra ds from FDA and eHealthMe reports
Septra ds has active ingredients of sulfamethoxazole; trimethoprim. It is often used in urinary tract infection. (latest outcomes from Septra ds 1,727 users)
Haemolysis (breaking open of red blood cells and the release of haemoglobin into the surrounding fluid) has been reported by people with paroxysmal nocturnal haemoglobinuria, preventive health care, high blood pressure, haemolytic uraemic syndrome, chronic lymphocytic leukaemia (latest reports from 4,900 Haemolysis patients).