Seroquel and Confusion - from FDA reports
Confusion is found among people who take Seroquel, especially for people who are male, 60+ old , have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Zoloft, and have Stress and anxiety. This review analyzes which people have Confusion with Seroquel. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 89,133 people who have side effects when taking Seroquel from FDA , and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Nov, 20, 2017
89,133 people reported to have side effects when taking Seroquel.
Among them, 715 people (0.8%) have Confusion
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on Seroquel when people have Confusion *:
- < 1 month: 54.33 %
- 1 - 6 months: 20.47 %
- 6 - 12 months: 7.09 %
- 1 - 2 years: 4.72 %
- 2 - 5 years: 11.02 %
- 5 - 10 years: 0.79 %
- 10+ years: 1.57 %
Gender of people who have Confusion when taking Seroquel *:
- female: 49.43 %
- male: 50.57 %
Age of people who have Confusion when taking Seroquel *:
- 0-1: 0.17 %
- 2-9: 0.67 %
- 10-19: 4.03 %
- 20-29: 6.54 %
- 30-39: 7.89 %
- 40-49: 18.79 %
- 50-59: 24.5 %
- 60+: 37.42 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Stress And Anxiety (57 people, 7.97%)
- Sleep Disorder (45 people, 6.29%)
- Pain (42 people, 5.87%)
- Schizophrenia (33 people, 4.62%)
- Psychotic Disorder (28 people, 3.92%)
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Zoloft (56 people, 7.83%)
- Aspirin (54 people, 7.55%)
- Xanax (49 people, 6.85%)
- Klonopin (48 people, 6.71%)
- Depakote (48 people, 6.71%)
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Confusional State (172 people, 24.06%)
- Memory Loss (132 people, 18.46%)
- Agitation (125 people, 17.48%)
- Drowsiness (111 people, 15.52%)
- Stress And Anxiety (97 people, 13.57%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Subscribe to the study: get notified of updates to the study.
Want to find out more about the FDA reports used in the study? You can request them from FDA.
Do you have Confusion when taking Seroquel?
- Check symptoms - is confusion caused by a drug or a condition?
- Get alerts to symptoms - forecast your symptoms and get alerts
- Join related support groups - you are not alone, join a support group on ehealth.me
- Report the side effect - help people in need and in real time
- Ask a question - ask a question related to the study
- write a review - share your experience related to the study
- More tools...
Expand the study to include all drugs with the same ingredientsConfusion and drugs with ingredients of quetiapine fumarate.
Expand the study to include reports from both FDA and eHealthMeConfusion and Seroquel from FDA and eHealthMe reports
Seroquel has active ingredients of quetiapine fumarate. It is often used in bipolar disorder. (latest outcomes from Seroquel 94,601 users)
Confusion has been reported by people with depression, high blood pressure, pain, multiple sclerosis, stress and anxiety (latest reports from 46,237 Confusion patients).
Browse all side effects of Seroquela b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Drugs that are associated with ConfusionConfusion
Could your condition cause ConfusionConfusion
What would happen?
Questions to the study
Recently I OD'd on Tylenol 3 w/ codeine and just got out of treatment. Once in treatment they took me off klonopin and started me on seroquel, vistiril, trazadone and more seroquel and cymbalta. After on all these meds I started having this weird smelling discharge that smelled like a box of ...
I've been on Seroquel for over 10 years and within the past several surgeries using Scopolamine patch behind the ear I have only had a reaction of severe itching sensation that was successfully treated with Camphor lotion. I highly recommend the Scopolamine patch to help nausea after anesthesia.