Seroquel and Pancreatitis - from FDA reports
Pancreatitis is found among people who take Seroquel, especially for people who are female, 40-49 old , have been taking the drug for 2 - 5 years, also take medication Zyprexa, and have Stress and anxiety. This review analyzes which people have Pancreatitis with Seroquel. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 89,133 people who have side effects when taking Seroquel from FDA , and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Jan, 12, 2018
89,133 people reported to have side effects when taking Seroquel.
Among them, 4,831 people (5.42%) have Pancreatitis
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on Seroquel when people have Pancreatitis *:
- < 1 month: 3.82 %
- 1 - 6 months: 10.22 %
- 6 - 12 months: 7.55 %
- 1 - 2 years: 17.86 %
- 2 - 5 years: 38.4 %
- 5 - 10 years: 20.44 %
- 10+ years: 1.72 %
Gender of people who have Pancreatitis when taking Seroquel *:
- female: 57.36 %
- male: 42.64 %
Age of people who have Pancreatitis when taking Seroquel *:
- 0-1: 5.57 %
- 2-9: 0.54 %
- 10-19: 2.47 %
- 20-29: 7.05 %
- 30-39: 22.28 %
- 40-49: 33.42 %
- 50-59: 21.43 %
- 60+: 7.23 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Stress And Anxiety (428 people, 8.86%)
- Sleep Disorder (383 people, 7.93%)
- Schizophrenia (329 people, 6.81%)
- Pain (114 people, 2.36%)
- Mental Disorder (94 people, 1.95%)
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Zyprexa (948 people, 19.62%)
- Risperdal (836 people, 17.30%)
- Abilify (470 people, 9.73%)
- Geodon (400 people, 8.28%)
- Haldol (347 people, 7.18%)
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Diabetes (2,963 people, 61.33%)
- Diabetic Ketoacidosis (2,419 people, 50.07%)
- Type 2 Diabetes (953 people, 19.73%)
- Hyperglycemia (417 people, 8.63%)
- High Blood Cholesterol (329 people, 6.81%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Subscribe to the study: get notified of updates to the study.
Want to find out more about the FDA reports used in the study? You can request them from FDA.
Do you have Pancreatitis when taking Seroquel?
- Check symptoms - is pancreatitis caused by a drug or a condition?
- Get alerts to symptoms - forecast your symptoms and get alerts
- Report the side effect - help people in need and in real time
- Ask a question - ask a question related to the study
- write a post - share your experience related to the study
- More tools...
Expand the study to include all drugs with the same ingredientsPancreatitis and drugs with ingredients of quetiapine fumarate.
Expand the study to include reports from both FDA and eHealthMePancreatitis and Seroquel from FDA and eHealthMe reports
Seroquel has active ingredients of quetiapine fumarate. It is often used in bipolar disorder. (latest outcomes from Seroquel 94,603 users)
Pancreatitis (inflammation of pancreas) has been reported by people with type 2 diabetes, diabetes, depression, high blood pressure, pain (latest reports from 38,720 Pancreatitis patients).
Browse all side effects of Seroquela b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Drugs that are associated with PancreatitisPancreatitis
Could your condition cause PancreatitisPancreatitis
Related publications that referenced our studies
- Crouse EL, Alastanos JN, Bozymski KM, Toscano RA, "Dysphagia with second-generation antipsychotics: A case report and review of the literature", Mental Health Clinician, 2017 Jan .
- Das S, Mondal S, Dey JK, Bandyopadhyay S, Saha I, Tripathi SK, "A case of montelukast induced hypercholesterolemia, severe hypertriglyceridemia and pancreatitis", Journal of Young Pharmacists, 2013 Jun .
- Shah Z, Londhe V, "Influence of various media on the dissolution profiles of immediate-release quetiapine tablets in India", Dissolution Technologies, 2016 Feb .
- Arshad F, Ladakhi Y, Khan MA, "A rare case of carbamazepine induced pancreatitis", International Journal of Students’ Research, 2013 Jul .
What would happen?
Questions to the study
Female born 25th of Dec 1934. On the 5th Dec 2017 started Effexor 37.5 mg for 1 week and then 75mg with Seroquel 25mg per day .Drugs taken at 8pm . Slurred speech at mid day for 2-3 hours. Some confusion ,forgetting some words and short memory facts during the day. Will these side effects ...
User posts to the study
I started taking Arimidex about a month-and-a-half ago I already had severe necrotizing pancreatitis that I lived through that destroyed 40% of my pancreas now I'm having a heaviness in my liver enzymes have increased extremely waiting on doctor's report scared