Sertraline and Cardiac disorder - from FDA reports
Cardiac disorder is found among people who take Sertraline, especially for people who are female, 60+ old , have been taking the drug for 2 - 5 years, also take medication Aspirin, and have High blood pressure. This review analyzes which people have Cardiac disorder with Sertraline. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 51,803 people who have side effects when taking Sertraline from FDA , and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Oct, 23, 2017
51,803 people reported to have side effects when taking Sertraline.
Among them, 253 people (0.49%) have Cardiac disorder
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on Sertraline when people have Cardiac disorder *:
- < 1 month: 23.81 %
- 1 - 6 months: 9.52 %
- 6 - 12 months: 0.0 %
- 1 - 2 years: 23.81 %
- 2 - 5 years: 33.33 %
- 5 - 10 years: 9.52 %
- 10+ years: 0.0 %
Gender of people who have Cardiac disorder when taking Sertraline *:
- female: 58.85 %
- male: 41.15 %
Age of people who have Cardiac disorder when taking Sertraline *:
- 0-1: 1.04 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 5.21 %
- 20-29: 6.77 %
- 30-39: 8.85 %
- 40-49: 10.42 %
- 50-59: 18.75 %
- 60+: 48.96 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- High Blood Pressure (28 people, 11.07%)
- High Blood Cholesterol (23 people, 9.09%)
- Rheumatoid Arthritis (14 people, 5.53%)
- Pain (13 people, 5.14%)
- Hypothyroidism (13 people, 5.14%)
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Aspirin (36 people, 14.23%)
- Zoloft (34 people, 13.44%)
- Lisinopril (33 people, 13.04%)
- Zyprexa (25 people, 9.88%)
- Clonazepam (20 people, 7.91%)
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Chest Pain (48 people, 18.97%)
- Breathing Difficulty (46 people, 18.18%)
- Dizziness (44 people, 17.39%)
- Fall (41 people, 16.21%)
- Fatigue (40 people, 15.81%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Subscribe to the study: get notified of updates to the study.
Do you have Cardiac disorder when taking Sertraline?
- Check symptoms - is cardiac disorder caused by a drug or a condition?
- Get alerts to symptoms - forecast your symptoms and get alerts
- Join related support groups - you are not alone, join a support group on ehealth.me
- Report the side effect - help people in need and in real time
- Ask a question - ask a question related to the study
- write a review - share your experience related to the study
- More tools...
Expand the study to include all drugs with the same ingredientsCardiac disorder and drugs with ingredients of sertraline hydrochloride.
Expand the study to include reports from both FDA and eHealthMeCardiac disorder and Sertraline from FDA and eHealthMe reports
Sertraline has active ingredients of sertraline hydrochloride. It is often used in depression. (latest outcomes from Sertraline 56,059 users)
Cardiac disorder has been reported by people with diabetes, pain, high blood pressure, osteoporosis, rheumatoid arthritis (latest reports from 85,698 Cardiac disorder patients).
Browse all side effects of Sertralinea b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Drugs that are associated with Cardiac disorderCardiac disorder
Could your condition cause Cardiac disorderCardiac disorder
What would happen?
Questions to the study
I Stopped taking Sertraline a couple of months back. But I am currently taking Modafinil (Life changing) but I want to start taking Sertraline again but I don't the effect or damages of mixing the two. Does anyone have any first had experience mixing the two?
User reviews to the study
My doctor increased my Sertraline from 25mg to 50mg (low dose for the purpose of hot flashes from Menopause). It has taken the flashes and night sweats away however my feet and lower legs have numbness and tingling. Last 2 days it's constant and ridiculous. Cold feet during the day and hot ...