Simcor and Pathological fracture - a phase IV clinical study of FDA data
Pathological fracture is reported only by a few people who take Simcor.
The phase IV clinical study analyzes which people take Simcor and have Pathological fracture. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 11,434 people who have side effects while taking Simcor from the FDA, and is updated regularly.
Phase IV trials are used to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor drug effectiveness in the real world. With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe is running millions of phase IV trials and makes the results available to the public. Our original studies have been referenced on 600+ medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature.
11,434 people reported to have side effects when taking Simcor.
Among them, 5 people (0.04%) have Pathological fracture.
What is Simcor?
Simcor has active ingredients of niacin; simvastatin. It is often used in high blood cholesterol. eHealthMe is studying from 11,600 Simcor users for its effectiveness, alternative drugs and more.
What is Pathological fracture?
Pathological fracture (broken bone caused by disease) is found to be associated with 1,192 drugs and 503 conditions by eHealthMe.
Number of Simcor and Pathological fracture reports submitted per year:
Gender of people who have Pathological fracture when taking Simcor *:
- female: 20 %
- male: 80 %
Age of people who have Pathological fracture when taking Simcor *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 0.0 %
- 30-39: 33.33 %
- 40-49: 0.0 %
- 50-59: 0.0 %
- 60+: 66.67 %
Common drugs people take besides Simcor *:
- Zometa: 3 people, 60.00%
- Colchicine: 2 people, 40.00%
- Neurontin: 2 people, 40.00%
- Methocarbamol: 2 people, 40.00%
- Lovaza: 2 people, 40.00%
- Fosamax: 2 people, 40.00%
- Forteo: 2 people, 40.00%
- Dexamethasone: 2 people, 40.00%
- Colace: 2 people, 40.00%
- Prevacid: 2 people, 40.00%
Common side effects people have besides Pathological fracture *:
- Osteoarthritis (a joint disease caused by cartilage loss in a joint): 4 people, 80.00%
- Weakness: 4 people, 80.00%
- Bone Pain: 4 people, 80.00%
- Breathing Difficulty: 4 people, 80.00%
- Impaired Healing: 4 people, 80.00%
- Osteomyelitis (infection of bone): 3 people, 60.00%
- Paraesthesia (sensation of tingling, tickling, prickling, pricking, or burning of a person's skin with no apparent long-term physical effect): 3 people, 60.00%
- Fall: 3 people, 60.00%
- Pain In Extremity: 3 people, 60.00%
- Hypoaesthesia (reduced sense of touch or sensation): 3 people, 60.00%
Common conditions people have *:
- Osteoporosis (bones weak and more likely to break): 2 people, 40.00%
- Schizophrenia (a mental disorder characterized by a breakdown of thought processes): 1 person, 20.00%
- Neoplasm Malignant (cancer tumour): 1 person, 20.00%
- Multiple Myeloma (cancer of the plasma cells): 1 person, 20.00%
- Metastases To Bone (cancer spreads to bone): 1 person, 20.00%
- High Density Lipoprotein Decreased: 1 person, 20.00%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you take Simcor and have Pathological fracture?Check whether Pathological fracture is associated with a drug or a condition
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
How severe was Pathological fracture and when was it recovered:
Expand to all the drugs that have ingredients of niacin; simvastatin:
Alternative drugs to, pros and cons of Simcor:
- Simcor (11,600 reports)
Common Simcor side effects:
Browse all side effects of Simcor:a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Pathological fracture treatments and more:
- Pathological fracture (6,980 reports)
COVID vaccines that are related to Pathological fracture:
- Pathological fracture in Moderna COVID Vaccine
- Pathological fracture in Pfizer BioNTech Covid Vaccine
- Pathological fracture in Johnson and Johnson Covid Vaccine
Common drugs associated with Pathological fracture:
All the drugs that are associated with Pathological fracture:
- Pathological fracture (1,192 drugs)
Common conditions associated with Pathological fracture:
All the conditions that are associated with Pathological fracture:
- Pathological fracture (503 conditions)
How the study uses the data?
The study uses data from the FDA. It is based on niacin; simvastatin (the active ingredients of Simcor) and Simcor (the brand name). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered. Dosage of drugs is not considered in the study.
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 600+ medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Elavil and Hot Flush - 11 seconds ago
- Lindane and Dermatitis - 15 seconds ago
- Cyclosporine and Nephrogenic Systemic Fibrosis - 17 seconds ago
- Fludarabine Phosphate and Nexavar drug interaction - 18 seconds ago
- Tofacitinib Citrate and Hepatocellular Carcinoma - 21 seconds ago
- Otezla and Fever - 28 seconds ago
- Singulair and Weight Gain Poor - 46 seconds ago
- Tikosyn and Prostatic Disorder - 53 seconds ago
- Renal Cyst and Chills - a minute ago
- Sodium Bicarbonate In Plastic Container and Stomatitis - a minute ago