Simethicone and Hypothyroidism - a phase IV clinical study of FDA data
Hypothyroidism is found among people who take Simethicone, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for 1 - 6 months.
The phase IV clinical study analyzes which people take Simethicone and have Hypothyroidism. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 5,081 people who have side effects when taking Simethicone from the FDA, and is updated regularly. You can use the study as a second opinion to make health care decisions.
Phase IV trials are used to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor drug effectiveness in the real world. With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe is running millions of phase IV trials and makes the results available to the public. Our original studies have been referenced on 600+ medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature.
5,081 people reported to have side effects when taking Simethicone.
Among them, 18 people (0.35%) have Hypothyroidism.
What is Simethicone?
Simethicone has active ingredients of simethicone. It is often used in gas. eHealthMe is studying from 5,379 Simethicone users for its effectiveness, alternative drugs and more.
What is Hypothyroidism?
Hypothyroidism (abnormally low activity of the thyroid gland, resulting in retardation of growth and mental development) is found to be associated with 2,789 drugs and 2,368 conditions by eHealthMe.
Number of Simethicone and Hypothyroidism reports submitted per year:
Time on Simethicone when people have Hypothyroidism *:
- < 1 month: 0.0 %
- 1 - 6 months: 100 %
- 6 - 12 months: 0.0 %
- 1 - 2 years: 0.0 %
- 2 - 5 years: 0.0 %
- 5 - 10 years: 0.0 %
- 10+ years: 0.0 %
Gender of people who have Hypothyroidism when taking Simethicone *:
- female: 77.78 %
- male: 22.22 %
Age of people who have Hypothyroidism when taking Simethicone *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 0.0 %
- 30-39: 12.5 %
- 40-49: 18.75 %
- 50-59: 12.5 %
- 60+: 56.25 %
Common drugs people take besides Simethicone *:
- Tylenol: 8 people, 44.44%
- Miralax: 5 people, 27.78%
- Zofran: 5 people, 27.78%
- Morphine: 5 people, 27.78%
- Cipro: 4 people, 22.22%
- Novolog: 4 people, 22.22%
- Pepcid: 4 people, 22.22%
- Vancomycin: 4 people, 22.22%
- Lasix: 4 people, 22.22%
- Lomotil: 3 people, 16.67%
Common side effects people have besides Hypothyroidism *:
- High Blood Pressure: 8 people, 44.44%
- Urinary Tract Infection: 7 people, 38.89%
- Nausea (feeling of having an urge to vomit): 6 people, 33.33%
- Pneumonia: 6 people, 33.33%
- Back Pain: 6 people, 33.33%
- Weakness: 5 people, 27.78%
- Abdominal Pain Upper: 5 people, 27.78%
- Oedema Peripheral (superficial swelling): 5 people, 27.78%
- Diarrhea: 5 people, 27.78%
- Colitis (inflammation of colon): 5 people, 27.78%
Common conditions people have *:
- Pain: 4 people, 22.22%
- Abdominal Distension: 3 people, 16.67%
- Multiple Sclerosis (a nervous system disease that affects your brain and spinal cord. it damages the myelin sheath): 3 people, 16.67%
- Breathing Difficulty: 2 people, 11.11%
- Fever: 2 people, 11.11%
- Headache (pain in head): 2 people, 11.11%
- Insomnia (sleeplessness): 2 people, 11.11%
- Wheezing (a high-pitched whistling sound made while you breath): 2 people, 11.11%
- Metastatic Malignant Melanoma (spreadable cancer tumour of melanine): 2 people, 11.11%
- Renal Cell Carcinoma (a kidney cancer): 2 people, 11.11%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you take Simethicone and have Hypothyroidism?Check whether Hypothyroidism is associated with a drug or a condition
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Related publications that referenced our studies
- Ezeji GC, Inoue T, Bahtiyar G, Sacerdote A, "Hallucinations associated with miglitol use in a patient with chronic kidney disease and hypothyroidism", BMJ case reports, 2015 Feb .
How severe was Hypothyroidism and when was it recovered:
Expand to all the drugs that have ingredients of simethicone:
Alternative drugs to, pros and cons of Simethicone:
- Simethicone (5,379 reports)
Common Simethicone side effects:
Browse all side effects of Simethicone:a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Hypothyroidism treatments and more:
- Hypothyroidism (148,836 reports)
COVID vaccines that are related to Hypothyroidism:
- Hypothyroidism in Moderna COVID Vaccine
- Hypothyroidism in Pfizer BioNTech Covid Vaccine
- Hypothyroidism in Johnson and Johnson Covid Vaccine
Common drugs associated with Hypothyroidism:
All the drugs that are associated with Hypothyroidism:
- Hypothyroidism (2,789 drugs)
Common conditions associated with Hypothyroidism:
All the conditions that are associated with Hypothyroidism:
- Hypothyroidism (2,368 conditions)
How the study uses the data?
The study uses data from the FDA. It is based on simethicone (the active ingredients of Simethicone) and Simethicone (the brand name). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered. Dosage of drugs is not considered in the study.
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 600+ medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Excessive Or Unwanted Hair In Women in Relexxii, how severe and when it was recovered? - 16 seconds ago
- Diazepam and Zytiga drug interaction - 16 seconds ago
- Rinvoq and Tongue Discoloration - 32 seconds ago
- Micronor and Morphine drug interaction - 35 seconds ago
- Cetirizine Hydrochloride and Constipation - 47 seconds ago
- Lotemax and Delsym drug interaction - a minute ago
- Aciphex and Abulia - a minute ago
- Phentermine and Calcium Carbonate drug interaction - a minute ago
- Lipoic Acid and Januvia drug interaction - a minute ago
- Succinylcholine Chloride and Lactulose drug interaction - a minute ago