Simvastatin and Dry eye syndrome - a phase IV clinical study of FDA data
Dry eye syndrome is found among people who take Simvastatin, especially for people who are female, 50-59 old.
The phase IV clinical study analyzes which people take Simvastatin and have Dry eye syndrome. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 242,335 people who have side effects when taking Simvastatin from the FDA, and is updated regularly. You can use the study as a second opinion to make health care decisions.
Phase IV trials are used to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor drug effectiveness in the real world. With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe is running millions of phase IV trials and makes the results available to the public. Our original studies have been referenced on 600+ medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature.
242,335 people reported to have side effects when taking Simvastatin.
Among them, 20 people (0.01%) have Dry eye syndrome.
What is Simvastatin?
Simvastatin has active ingredients of simvastatin. It is often used in high blood cholesterol. eHealthMe is studying from 238,161 Simvastatin users for its effectiveness, alternative drugs and more.
What is Dry eye syndrome?
Dry eye syndrome is found to be associated with 902 drugs and 646 conditions by eHealthMe.
Number of Simvastatin and Dry eye syndrome reports submitted per year:
Gender of people who have Dry eye syndrome when taking Simvastatin *:
- female: 82.35 %
- male: 17.65 %
Age of people who have Dry eye syndrome when taking Simvastatin *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 0.0 %
- 30-39: 0.0 %
- 40-49: 5.88 %
- 50-59: 70.59 %
- 60+: 23.53 %
Common drugs people take besides Simvastatin *:
- Actonel: 13 people, 65.00%
- Mobic: 13 people, 65.00%
- Prozac: 13 people, 65.00%
- Gabapentin: 13 people, 65.00%
- Neurontin: 13 people, 65.00%
- Naproxen: 13 people, 65.00%
- Meloxicam: 13 people, 65.00%
- Zocor: 13 people, 65.00%
- Levaquin: 12 people, 60.00%
- Letrozole: 12 people, 60.00%
Common side effects people have besides Dry eye syndrome *:
- Oedema Peripheral (superficial swelling): 13 people, 65.00%
- Pain: 13 people, 65.00%
- Breathing Difficulty: 13 people, 65.00%
- Pain In Extremity: 13 people, 65.00%
- Constipation: 13 people, 65.00%
- Paraesthesia (sensation of tingling, tickling, prickling, pricking, or burning of a person's skin with no apparent long-term physical effect): 13 people, 65.00%
- Joint Pain: 13 people, 65.00%
- Stress And Anxiety: 13 people, 65.00%
- Wound Infection Staphylococcal: 12 people, 60.00%
- White Blood Cell Count Increased: 12 people, 60.00%
Common conditions people have *:
- Hypercalcaemia (elevated calcium (ca+) level in the blood): 12 people, 60.00%
- Breast Cancer Metastatic: 12 people, 60.00%
- Breast Cancer: 12 people, 60.00%
- Essential Hypertension (primary hypertension): 3 people, 15.00%
- Pain: 1 person, 5.00%
- Diabetes: 1 person, 5.00%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you take Simvastatin and have Dry eye syndrome?Check whether Dry eye syndrome is associated with a drug or a condition
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
How severe was Dry eye syndrome and when was it recovered:
Expand to all the drugs that have ingredients of simvastatin:
Alternative drugs to, pros and cons of Simvastatin:
- Simvastatin (238,161 reports)
Common Simvastatin side effects:
- Fatigue (feeling of tiredness): 14,139 reports
- Weakness: 12,078 reports
- Breathing difficulty: 11,987 reports
- Diarrhea: 11,326 reports
- Dizziness: 11,127 reports
Browse all side effects of Simvastatin:a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Dry eye syndrome treatments and more:
- Dry eye syndrome (1,437 reports)
COVID vaccines that are related to Dry eye syndrome:
- Dry eye syndrome in Moderna COVID Vaccine
- Dry eye syndrome in Pfizer BioNTech Covid Vaccine
- Dry eye syndrome in Johnson and Johnson Covid Vaccine
All the drugs that are associated with Dry eye syndrome:
- Dry eye syndrome (902 drugs)
All the conditions that are associated with Dry eye syndrome:
- Dry eye syndrome (646 conditions)
How the study uses the data?
The study uses data from the FDA. It is based on simvastatin (the active ingredients of Simvastatin) and Simvastatin (the brand name). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered. Dosage of drugs is not considered in the study.
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 600+ medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Spiriva Respimat and Pantoprazole Sodium drug interaction - now
- Tenormin and Delirium Tremens - a second ago
- Serax and Zocor drug interaction - a second ago
- Estrostep Fe and Flexeril drug interaction - 3 seconds ago
- Tafinlar and Tension Headache - 7 seconds ago
- Clobetasol Propionate and Gout - 10 seconds ago
- Rasuvo and Animal Bite - 11 seconds ago
- Melilot and Dizziness - 12 seconds ago
- Mycophenolate Mofetil and Hyperacusis - 13 seconds ago
- Centrum Silver and Salivary Hypersecretion - 17 seconds ago