Simvastatin and Gout - from FDA reports
Gout is found among people who take Simvastatin, especially for people who are male, 60+ old , have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Allopurinol, and have Diabetes. This review analyzes which people have Gout with Simvastatin. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 142,404 people who have side effects when taking Simvastatin from FDA , and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Nov, 20, 2017
142,404 people reported to have side effects when taking Simvastatin.
Among them, 428 people (0.3%) have Gout
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on Simvastatin when people have Gout *:
- < 1 month: 42.86 %
- 1 - 6 months: 11.9 %
- 6 - 12 months: 4.76 %
- 1 - 2 years: 2.38 %
- 2 - 5 years: 0.0 %
- 5 - 10 years: 14.29 %
- 10+ years: 23.81 %
Gender of people who have Gout when taking Simvastatin *:
- female: 25.78 %
- male: 74.22 %
Age of people who have Gout when taking Simvastatin *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 0.0 %
- 30-39: 2.15 %
- 40-49: 7.98 %
- 50-59: 20.86 %
- 60+: 69.02 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Diabetes (38 people, 8.88%)
- Multiple Myeloma (33 people, 7.71%)
- Pain (25 people, 5.84%)
- Hyperlipidaemia (22 people, 5.14%)
- Rheumatoid Arthritis (17 people, 3.97%)
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Allopurinol (84 people, 19.63%)
- Aspirin (82 people, 19.16%)
- Furosemide (66 people, 15.42%)
- Lisinopril (48 people, 11.21%)
- Omeprazole (42 people, 9.81%)
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Pain In Extremity (78 people, 18.22%)
- Pain (65 people, 15.19%)
- Breathing Difficulty (63 people, 14.72%)
- Fatigue (61 people, 14.25%)
- Chest Pain (52 people, 12.15%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Subscribe to the study: get notified of updates to the study.
Want to find out more about the FDA reports used in the study? You can request them from FDA.
Do you have Gout when taking Simvastatin?
- Check symptoms - is gout caused by a drug or a condition?
- Get alerts to symptoms - forecast your symptoms and get alerts
- Join related support groups - you are not alone, join a support group on ehealth.me
- Report the side effect - help people in need and in real time
- Ask a question - ask a question related to the study
- write a review - share your experience related to the study
- More tools...
Expand the study to include all drugs with the same ingredientsGout and drugs with ingredients of simvastatin.
Expand the study to include reports from both FDA and eHealthMeGout and Simvastatin from FDA and eHealthMe reports
Simvastatin has active ingredients of simvastatin. It is often used in high blood cholesterol. (latest outcomes from Simvastatin 149,078 users)
Gout (uric acid crystals building up in the body) has been reported by people with gout, high blood pressure, high blood cholesterol, osteoporosis, rheumatoid arthritis (latest reports from 25,564 Gout patients).
Browse all side effects of Simvastatina b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Drugs that are associated with GoutGout
Could your condition cause GoutGout
What would happen?
Questions to the study
I was put on simvastatin in June 2017. Aug 25 2017 I woke up with double vision. Had Ct scan, MRI w/contrast, ultrasound of corodid artery and several blood tests all came back fine stopped simvastatin but still have diplopia how long will it last. Saw ophthalmologist also.
I have been taking Humira for three years. I am now experiencing gout and tendinitis. I do not eat any of the foods that normally cause gout or drink alcohol often. Anyone else experiencing this with Humira