Simvastatin and Quadriplegia - a phase IV clinical study of FDA data
Quadriplegia is found among people who take Simvastatin, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for 1 - 6 months.
The phase IV clinical study analyzes which people take Simvastatin and have Quadriplegia. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 230,650 people who have side effects when taking Simvastatin from the FDA, and is updated regularly. You can use the study as a second opinion to make health care decisions.
Phase IV trials are used to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor drug effectiveness in the real world. With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe is running millions of phase IV trials and makes the results available to the public. Our original studies have been referenced on 600+ medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature.
230,650 people reported to have side effects when taking Simvastatin.
Among them, 50 people (0.02%) have Quadriplegia.
What is Simvastatin?
Simvastatin has active ingredients of simvastatin. It is often used in high blood cholesterol. eHealthMe is studying from 238,111 Simvastatin users for its effectiveness, alternative drugs and more.
What is Quadriplegia?
Quadriplegia (a four limb paralysis) is found to be associated with 1,160 drugs and 840 conditions by eHealthMe.
Number of Simvastatin and Quadriplegia reports submitted per year:
Time on Simvastatin when people have Quadriplegia *:
- < 1 month: 20 %
- 1 - 6 months: 60 %
- 6 - 12 months: 0.0 %
- 1 - 2 years: 0.0 %
- 2 - 5 years: 20 %
- 5 - 10 years: 0.0 %
- 10+ years: 0.0 %
Gender of people who have Quadriplegia when taking Simvastatin *:
- female: 52.17 %
- male: 47.83 %
Age of people who have Quadriplegia when taking Simvastatin *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 0.0 %
- 30-39: 2.22 %
- 40-49: 0.0 %
- 50-59: 11.11 %
- 60+: 86.67 %
Common drugs people take besides Simvastatin *:
- Cyclosporine: 6 people, 12.00%
- Methylprednisolone: 4 people, 8.00%
- Mycophenolate Mofetil: 4 people, 8.00%
- Prednisone: 4 people, 8.00%
- Aspirin: 3 people, 6.00%
- Propofol: 3 people, 6.00%
- Hyzaar: 2 people, 4.00%
- Lorazepam: 2 people, 4.00%
- Glyburide: 2 people, 4.00%
- Glipizide: 2 people, 4.00%
Common side effects people have besides Quadriplegia *:
- Rhabdomyolysis (a condition in which damaged skeletal muscle tissue breaks down): 24 people, 48.00%
- Weakness: 14 people, 28.00%
- Dyskinesia (abnormality or impairment of voluntary movement): 12 people, 24.00%
- Gait Disturbance: 9 people, 18.00%
- Muscle Aches (muscle pain): 7 people, 14.00%
- Renal Failure Acute (rapid kidney dysfunction): 6 people, 12.00%
- Ophthalmoplegia (a paralysis or weakness of one or more of the muscles that control eye movement): 6 people, 12.00%
- Hepatic Function Abnormal: 5 people, 10.00%
- Respiratory Acidosis (respiratory failure or ventilatory failure, causes the ph of blood and other bodily fluids to decrease): 4 people, 8.00%
- Sepsis (a severe blood infection that can lead to organ failure and death): 4 people, 8.00%
Common conditions people have *:
- Hyperlipidaemia (presence of excess lipids in the blood): 20 people, 40.00%
- Breast Cancer Stage Iv: 4 people, 8.00%
- Gout (uric acid crystals building up in the body): 3 people, 6.00%
- Sedation: 3 people, 6.00%
- Polymyositis (inflammatory muscle disease that causes weakness of the skeletal muscles): 3 people, 6.00%
- Immunodeficiency Disorders: 2 people, 4.00%
- Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (a progressive disease that makes it hard to breathe): 2 people, 4.00%
- Depression: 2 people, 4.00%
- Breast Cancer Metastatic: 1 person, 2.00%
- Cerebral Circulatory Failure (failure of brain blood circulation): 1 person, 2.00%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you take Simvastatin and have Quadriplegia?Check whether Quadriplegia is associated with a drug or a condition
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
How severe was Quadriplegia and when was it recovered:
Expand to all the drugs that have ingredients of simvastatin:
Alternative drugs to, pros and cons of Simvastatin:
- Simvastatin (238,111 reports)
Common Simvastatin side effects:
- Fatigue (feeling of tiredness): 14,139 reports
- Weakness: 12,078 reports
- Breathing difficulty: 11,987 reports
- Diarrhea: 11,326 reports
- Dizziness: 11,127 reports
Browse all side effects of Simvastatin:a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Quadriplegia treatments and more:
- Quadriplegia (2,890 reports)
COVID vaccines that are related to Quadriplegia:
- Quadriplegia in Moderna COVID Vaccine
- Quadriplegia in Pfizer BioNTech Covid Vaccine
- Quadriplegia in Johnson and Johnson Covid Vaccine
Common drugs associated with Quadriplegia:
- Methotrexate: 176 reports
- Prednisone: 113 reports
All the drugs that are associated with Quadriplegia:
- Quadriplegia (1,160 drugs)
Common conditions associated with Quadriplegia:
- Multiple sclerosis: 243 reports
All the conditions that are associated with Quadriplegia:
- Quadriplegia (840 conditions)
How the study uses the data?
The study uses data from the FDA. It is based on simvastatin (the active ingredients of Simvastatin) and Simvastatin (the brand name). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered. Dosage of drugs is not considered in the study.
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 600+ medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Vascepa and Asmanex Hfa drug interaction - 2 seconds ago
- Aricept Odt and Revlimid drug interaction - 5 seconds ago
- Granix and Prograf drug interaction - 8 seconds ago
- Prochlorperazine and Blood Electrolytes Abnormal - 10 seconds ago
- Temaz vs. Abilify - 17 seconds ago
- Lidocaine And Prilocaine and Valtrex drug interaction - 18 seconds ago
- Oxycodone And Acetaminophen and Haemorrhoids Aggravated - 20 seconds ago
- Tylenol W/ Codeine and Peritonitis - 21 seconds ago
- Mirvaso and Temazepam drug interaction - 29 seconds ago
- Dynacirc and Multi-Organ Failure - 33 seconds ago