Simvastatin and Renal failure acute - a phase IV clinical study of FDA data
Renal failure acute is found among people who take Simvastatin, especially for people who are male, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for 1 - 6 months.
The phase IV clinical study analyzes which people take Simvastatin and have Renal failure acute. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 230,650 people who have side effects when taking Simvastatin from the FDA, and is updated regularly. You can use the study as a second opinion to make health care decisions.
Phase IV trials are used to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor drug effectiveness in the real world. With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe is running millions of phase IV trials and makes the results available to the public. Our original studies have been referenced on 600+ medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature.
230,650 people reported to have side effects when taking Simvastatin.
Among them, 3,559 people (1.54%) have Renal failure acute.
What is Simvastatin?
Simvastatin has active ingredients of simvastatin. It is often used in high blood cholesterol. eHealthMe is studying from 238,111 Simvastatin users for its effectiveness, alternative drugs and more.
What is Renal failure acute?
Renal failure acute (rapid kidney dysfunction) is found to be associated with 3,097 drugs and 3,083 conditions by eHealthMe.
Number of Simvastatin and Renal failure acute reports submitted per year:
Time on Simvastatin when people have Renal failure acute *:
Gender of people who have Renal failure acute when taking Simvastatin*:
Age of people who have Renal failure acute when taking Simvastatin *:
Common drugs people take besides Simvastatin *:
Common side effects people have besides Renal failure acute *:
Common conditions people have *:
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you take Simvastatin and have Renal failure acute?Check whether Renal failure acute is associated with a drug or a condition
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Related publications that referenced our studies
- Alokaily FA, Alghamdi M, Almalki AS, Alhussaini H, "Aspirin induced leukocytoclastic vasculitis, lower gastrointestinal hemorrhage and acute renal failure (mimicking systemic vasculitis)", Saudi medical journal, 2013 Apr .
How severe was Renal failure acute and when was it recovered:
Expand to all the drugs that have ingredients of simvastatin:
- Renal failure acute and drugs with ingredients of simvastatin (5,513 reports)
Alternative drugs to, pros and cons of Simvastatin:
- Simvastatin (238,111 reports)
Common Simvastatin side effects:
- Fatigue (feeling of tiredness): 14,139 reports
- Weakness: 12,078 reports
- Breathing difficulty: 11,987 reports
- Diarrhea: 11,326 reports
- Dizziness: 11,127 reports
Browse all side effects of Simvastatin:a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Renal failure acute treatments and more:
- Renal failure acute (73,864 reports)
COVID vaccines that are related to Renal failure acute:
- Renal failure acute in Moderna COVID Vaccine
- Renal failure acute in Pfizer BioNTech Covid Vaccine
- Renal failure acute in Johnson and Johnson Covid Vaccine
Common drugs associated with Renal failure acute:
- Metformin: 5,929 reports
- Aspirin: 5,823 reports
- Lasix: 5,489 reports
- Furosemide: 5,462 reports
- Lisinopril: 4,178 reports
- Simvastatin: 3,559 reports
- Omeprazole: 3,429 reports
- Prednisone: 3,314 reports
- Allopurinol: 3,241 reports
- Lopurin: 3,241 reports
All the drugs that are associated with Renal failure acute:
- Renal failure acute (3,097 drugs)
Common conditions associated with Renal failure acute:
- High blood pressure: 6,913 reports
- Type 2 diabetes: 3,046 reports
- Diabetes: 2,594 reports
- Pain: 2,373 reports
- Atrial fibrillation/flutter: 2,264 reports
- Multiple myeloma: 1,881 reports
All the conditions that are associated with Renal failure acute:
- Renal failure acute (3,083 conditions)
How the study uses the data?
The study uses data from the FDA. It is based on simvastatin (the active ingredients of Simvastatin) and Simvastatin (the brand name). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered. Dosage of drugs is not considered in the study.
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 600+ medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Hydrocortisone and Fatigue - 5 seconds ago
- How effective is Diclofenac Potassium for Back Pain - Low? - 6 seconds ago
- Argatroban and Olmetec drug interaction - 7 seconds ago
- Valacyclovir Hydrochloride and Diffuse Interstitial Lung Disease - 7 seconds ago
- Humalog Pen and Hysterectomy - 14 seconds ago
- Prolia and Zoledronic drug interaction - 27 seconds ago
- Benadryl and Speech Impairment (Adult) - 29 seconds ago
- Hydrocortisone and Asthma - 30 seconds ago
- Kesimpta and Ocular Icterus - 34 seconds ago
- Detrol La and Colon Neoplasm - 34 seconds ago