Simvastatin and Tongue paralysis - a phase IV clinical study of FDA data
Tongue paralysis is found among people who take Simvastatin, especially for people who are female, 60+ old.
The phase IV clinical study analyzes which people take Simvastatin and have Tongue paralysis. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 230,650 people who have side effects when taking Simvastatin from the FDA, and is updated regularly. You can use the study as a second opinion to make health care decisions.
Phase IV trials are used to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor drug effectiveness in the real world. With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe is running millions of phase IV trials and makes the results available to the public. Our original studies have been referenced on 600+ medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature.
230,650 people reported to have side effects when taking Simvastatin.
Among them, 11 people (0.0%) have Tongue paralysis.
What is Simvastatin?
Simvastatin has active ingredients of simvastatin. It is often used in high blood cholesterol. eHealthMe is studying from 238,062 Simvastatin users for its effectiveness, alternative drugs and more.
What is Tongue paralysis?
Tongue paralysis (loss of function of tongue) is found to be associated with 572 drugs and 325 conditions by eHealthMe.
Number of Simvastatin and Tongue paralysis reports submitted per year:
Gender of people who have Tongue paralysis when taking Simvastatin *:
- female: 54.55 %
- male: 45.45 %
Age of people who have Tongue paralysis when taking Simvastatin *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 0.0 %
- 30-39: 14.29 %
- 40-49: 14.29 %
- 50-59: 0.0 %
- 60+: 71.43 %
Common drugs people take besides Simvastatin *:
- Ramipril: 3 people, 27.27%
- Furosemide: 3 people, 27.27%
- Folic Acid: 2 people, 18.18%
- Metformin: 2 people, 18.18%
- Glyburide: 2 people, 18.18%
- Lansoprazole: 2 people, 18.18%
- Lasix: 2 people, 18.18%
- Dipyridamole: 2 people, 18.18%
- Pradaxa: 2 people, 18.18%
- Clozaril: 2 people, 18.18%
Common side effects people have besides Tongue paralysis *:
- Weakness: 4 people, 36.36%
- Cardiac Disorder: 3 people, 27.27%
- Visual Acuity Reduced (reduced clearness of vision): 3 people, 27.27%
- Gait Disturbance: 3 people, 27.27%
- Fall: 3 people, 27.27%
- Stress And Anxiety: 3 people, 27.27%
- Speech Impairment (Adult) (inability to speak (adult)): 3 people, 27.27%
- Cognitive Disorder (mental health disorders affects learning, memory, perception, and problem solving): 2 people, 18.18%
- Mobility Decreased (ability to move is reduced): 2 people, 18.18%
- Irritability: 2 people, 18.18%
Common conditions people have *:
- Atrial Fibrillation/flutter (atrial fibrillation and flutter are abnormal heart rhythms in which the atria, or upper chambers of the heart, are out of sync with the ventricles): 3 people, 27.27%
- Grand Mal Convulsion (a type of generalized seizure that affects the entire brain): 2 people, 18.18%
- Type 2 Diabetes: 2 people, 18.18%
- Sleep Apnea Syndrome: 1 person, 9.09%
- Schizophrenia (a mental disorder characterized by a breakdown of thought processes): 1 person, 9.09%
- Prostate Cancer: 1 person, 9.09%
- Pain: 1 person, 9.09%
- Neuropathy Peripheral (surface nerve damage): 1 person, 9.09%
- Stress And Anxiety: 1 person, 9.09%
- Insomnia (sleeplessness): 1 person, 9.09%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you take Simvastatin and have Tongue paralysis?Check whether Tongue paralysis is associated with a drug or a condition
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
How severe was Tongue paralysis and when was it recovered:
Expand to all the drugs that have ingredients of simvastatin:
Alternative drugs to, pros and cons of Simvastatin:
- Simvastatin (238,062 reports)
Common Simvastatin side effects:
- Fatigue (feeling of tiredness): 14,139 reports
- Weakness: 12,078 reports
- Breathing difficulty: 11,987 reports
- Diarrhea: 11,131 reports
- Dizziness: 11,127 reports
Browse all side effects of Simvastatin:a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Tongue paralysis treatments and more:
- Tongue paralysis (954 reports)
COVID vaccines that are related to Tongue paralysis:
- Tongue paralysis in Moderna COVID Vaccine
- Tongue paralysis in Pfizer BioNTech Covid Vaccine
- Tongue paralysis in Johnson and Johnson Covid Vaccine
All the drugs that are associated with Tongue paralysis:
- Tongue paralysis (572 drugs)
All the conditions that are associated with Tongue paralysis:
- Tongue paralysis (325 conditions)
How the study uses the data?
The study uses data from the FDA. It is based on simvastatin (the active ingredients of Simvastatin) and Simvastatin (the brand name). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered. Dosage of drugs is not considered in the study.
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 600+ medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Perphenazine and Dementia Alzheimer'S Type - 2 seconds ago
- Vimpat and Viral Labyrinthitis - 4 seconds ago
- Relistor and Blood Creatinine Increased - 5 seconds ago
- Azacitidine and Rhabdomyolysis - 10 seconds ago
- Gabapentin and Excedrin drug interaction - 13 seconds ago
- Nabumetone and Klor-Con drug interaction - 14 seconds ago
- Alesse and Abortion Spontaneous - 14 seconds ago
- Depakote and Paroxysmal Supraventricular Tachycardia - 18 seconds ago
- Tysabri and Nephrotic Syndrome - 20 seconds ago
- Rebetol and Adjustment Disorder - 22 seconds ago