Simvastatin and Xerophthalmia - a phase IV clinical study of FDA data
Xerophthalmia is found among people who take Simvastatin, especially for people who are female, 50-59 old.
The phase IV clinical study analyzes which people take Simvastatin and have Xerophthalmia. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 230,650 people who have side effects when taking Simvastatin from the FDA, and is updated regularly. You can use the study as a second opinion to make health care decisions.
Phase IV trials are used to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor drug effectiveness in the real world. With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe is running millions of phase IV trials and makes the results available to the public. Our original studies have been referenced on 600+ medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature.
230,650 people reported to have side effects when taking Simvastatin.
Among them, 20 people (0.01%) have Xerophthalmia.
What is Simvastatin?
Simvastatin has active ingredients of simvastatin. It is often used in high blood cholesterol. eHealthMe is studying from 238,111 Simvastatin users for its effectiveness, alternative drugs and more.
What is Xerophthalmia?
Xerophthalmia (eye fails to produce tears) is found to be associated with 900 drugs and 633 conditions by eHealthMe.
Number of Simvastatin and Xerophthalmia reports submitted per year:
Gender of people who have Xerophthalmia when taking Simvastatin *:
- female: 82.35 %
- male: 17.65 %
Age of people who have Xerophthalmia when taking Simvastatin *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 0.0 %
- 30-39: 0.0 %
- 40-49: 5.88 %
- 50-59: 70.59 %
- 60+: 23.53 %
Common drugs people take besides Simvastatin *:
- Actonel: 13 people, 65.00%
- Mobic: 13 people, 65.00%
- Prozac: 13 people, 65.00%
- Gabapentin: 13 people, 65.00%
- Neurontin: 13 people, 65.00%
- Naproxen: 13 people, 65.00%
- Meloxicam: 13 people, 65.00%
- Zocor: 13 people, 65.00%
- Levaquin: 12 people, 60.00%
- Letrozole: 12 people, 60.00%
Common side effects people have besides Xerophthalmia *:
- Oedema Peripheral (superficial swelling): 13 people, 65.00%
- Pain: 13 people, 65.00%
- Breathing Difficulty: 13 people, 65.00%
- Pain In Extremity: 13 people, 65.00%
- Constipation: 13 people, 65.00%
- Paraesthesia (sensation of tingling, tickling, prickling, pricking, or burning of a person's skin with no apparent long-term physical effect): 13 people, 65.00%
- Joint Pain: 13 people, 65.00%
- Stress And Anxiety: 13 people, 65.00%
- Wound Infection Staphylococcal: 12 people, 60.00%
- White Blood Cell Count Increased: 12 people, 60.00%
Common conditions people have *:
- Hypercalcaemia (elevated calcium (ca+) level in the blood): 12 people, 60.00%
- Breast Cancer Metastatic: 12 people, 60.00%
- Breast Cancer: 12 people, 60.00%
- Essential Hypertension (primary hypertension): 3 people, 15.00%
- Pain: 1 person, 5.00%
- Diabetes: 1 person, 5.00%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you take Simvastatin and have Xerophthalmia?Check whether Xerophthalmia is associated with a drug or a condition
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
How severe was Xerophthalmia and when was it recovered:
Expand to all the drugs that have ingredients of simvastatin:
Alternative drugs to, pros and cons of Simvastatin:
- Simvastatin (238,111 reports)
Common Simvastatin side effects:
- Fatigue (feeling of tiredness): 14,139 reports
- Weakness: 12,078 reports
- Breathing difficulty: 11,987 reports
- Diarrhea: 11,326 reports
- Dizziness: 11,127 reports
Browse all side effects of Simvastatin:a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Xerophthalmia treatments and more:
- Xerophthalmia (1,436 reports)
COVID vaccines that are related to Xerophthalmia:
- Xerophthalmia in Moderna COVID Vaccine
- Xerophthalmia in Pfizer BioNTech Covid Vaccine
- Xerophthalmia in Johnson and Johnson Covid Vaccine
All the drugs that are associated with Xerophthalmia:
- Xerophthalmia (900 drugs)
All the conditions that are associated with Xerophthalmia:
- Xerophthalmia (633 conditions)
How the study uses the data?
The study uses data from the FDA. It is based on simvastatin (the active ingredients of Simvastatin) and Simvastatin (the brand name). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered. Dosage of drugs is not considered in the study.
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 600+ medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Ezetimibe and Calciparine drug interaction - now
- Flomax and Ashwagandha drug interaction - 4 seconds ago
- Bactrim and Pancreatic Carcinoma - 5 seconds ago
- Bumetanide and Raynaud'S Phenomenon Aggravated - 5 seconds ago
- Isotretinoin and Ectopic Pregnancy - 13 seconds ago
- Eszopiclone and Bethanechol Chloride drug interaction - 18 seconds ago
- Paroxetine and Injection Site Discomfort - 20 seconds ago
- Prefest and Plan B One-Step drug interaction - 20 seconds ago
- Beovu and Dizziness Aggravated - 25 seconds ago
- Sodium Bicarbonate and Inferior Vena Cava Dilatation - 27 seconds ago