Sinemet and Dyskinesia - from FDA reports
Dyskinesia is found among people who take Sinemet, especially for people who are female, 60+ old , have been taking the drug for 1 - 6 months, also take medication Mirapex, and have Depression. This review analyzes which people have Dyskinesia with Sinemet. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 14,043 people who have side effects when taking Sinemet from FDA , and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Nov, 27, 2017
14,043 people reported to have side effects when taking Sinemet.
Among them, 576 people (4.1%) have Dyskinesia
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on Sinemet when people have Dyskinesia *:
- < 1 month: 18.18 %
- 1 - 6 months: 27.27 %
- 6 - 12 months: 22.73 %
- 1 - 2 years: 4.55 %
- 2 - 5 years: 4.55 %
- 5 - 10 years: 9.09 %
- 10+ years: 13.64 %
Gender of people who have Dyskinesia when taking Sinemet *:
- female: 57.22 %
- male: 42.78 %
Age of people who have Dyskinesia when taking Sinemet *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.22 %
- 20-29: 1.54 %
- 30-39: 1.1 %
- 40-49: 5.07 %
- 50-59: 15.64 %
- 60+: 76.43 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Depression (43 people, 7.47%)
- Stress And Anxiety (18 people, 3.12%)
- Insomnia (17 people, 2.95%)
- Osteoporosis (13 people, 2.26%)
- Osteoarthritis (12 people, 2.08%)
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Mirapex (76 people, 13.19%)
- Requip (66 people, 11.46%)
- Azilect (58 people, 10.07%)
- Comtan (57 people, 9.90%)
- Tasmar (41 people, 7.12%)
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Tremor (83 people, 14.41%)
- Fall (81 people, 14.06%)
- Weakness (62 people, 10.76%)
- Agitation (51 people, 8.85%)
- Drowsiness (47 people, 8.16%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Subscribe to the study: get notified of updates to the study.
Want to find out more about the FDA reports used in the study? You can request them from FDA.
Do you have Dyskinesia when taking Sinemet?
- Check symptoms - is dyskinesia caused by a drug or a condition?
- Get alerts to symptoms - forecast your symptoms and get alerts
- Join related support groups - you are not alone, join a support group on ehealth.me
- Report the side effect - help people in need and in real time
- Ask a question - ask a question related to the study
- write a review - share your experience related to the study
- More tools...
Expand the study to include all drugs with the same ingredientsDyskinesia and drugs with ingredients of carbidopa; levodopa.
Expand the study to include reports from both FDA and eHealthMeDyskinesia and Sinemet from FDA and eHealthMe reports
Sinemet has active ingredients of carbidopa; levodopa. It is often used in parkinson's disease. (latest outcomes from Sinemet 15,135 users)
Dyskinesia (abnormality or impairment of voluntary movement) has been reported by people with depression, parkinson's disease, multiple sclerosis, pain, bipolar disorder (latest reports from 24,882 Dyskinesia patients).
Browse all side effects of Sinemeta b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Drugs that are associated with DyskinesiaDyskinesia
Could your condition cause DyskinesiaDyskinesia
What would happen?
Questions to the study
I suffer the Parkinson disease and I would try the cannabidiol to see if they improve some of the discomfort associated with the disease. The concret question is if I can take Sinemet and Azilect WITH cannabidiol in a regular form.