Will you have Senile macular degeneration (smd) with Sinemet - from FDA reports
Senile macular degeneration (smd) is found among people who take Sinemet, especially for people who are male, 60+ old also take medication Paxil, and have Prostate cancer. This study is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 17,237 people who have side effects when taking Sinemet from FDA, and is updated regularly.
eHealthMe is a health data analysis company based in Mountain View, California. eHealthMe monitors and analyzes the outcomes of drugs and supplements that are currently on the market. The results are readily available to health care professionals and consumers.
eHealthMe has released original studies on market drugs and worked with leading universities and institutions such as IBM, London Health Science Centre, Mayo Clinic, Northwestern University and VA. eHealthMe studies have now been referenced in over 500 peer-reviewed medical publications.
How we gather our data?
Healthcare data is obtained from a number of sources including the Food and Drug Administration (FDA). This information is aggregated and used to produce personalized reports that patients can reference.
The information that eHealthMe collects includes:
- Side effects (including severity and how people recover from them)
- Associated conditions or symptoms
- Drug effectiveness
- Demographic data regarding drug use
How the study uses the data?
The study is based on carbidopa; levodopa (the active ingredients of Sinemet) and Sinemet (the brand name). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered. Synonyms of Senile macular degeneration (smd) are also considered in the study.
What is Sinemet?
Sinemet has active ingredients of carbidopa; levodopa. It is often used in parkinson's disease. (latest outcomes from Sinemet 18,329 users)
What is Senile macular degeneration (smd)?
Senile macular degeneration (smd) (macula of eye damages with ageing) has been reported by people with osteoporosis, high blood pressure, rheumatoid arthritis, type 2 diabetes, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (latest reports from 16,722 Senile macular degeneration (smd) patients).
How to use the study?
Patients can bring a copy of the report to their healthcare provider to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood. It is recommended that patients use the information presented as a part of a broader decision-making process.
17,237 people reported to have side effects when taking Sinemet.
Among them, 20 people (0.12%) have Senile macular degeneration (smd)
Number of reports submitted per year:
Gender of people who have Senile macular degeneration (smd) when taking Sinemet *:
- female: 40 %
- male: 60 %
Age of people who have Senile macular degeneration (smd) when taking Sinemet *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 0.0 %
- 30-39: 0.0 %
- 40-49: 0.0 %
- 50-59: 0.0 %
- 60+: 100 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Thrombosis (formation of a blood clot inside a blood vessel): 3 people, 15.00%
- Prostate Cancer: 3 people, 15.00%
- Waldenstrom's Macroglobulinaemia (cancer affects small lymphocytes (white blood cells)): 2 people, 10.00%
- Urinary Tract Disorder: 1 person, 5.00%
- Prostate Infection: 1 person, 5.00%
- Primary Myelofibrosis (primary disorder of the bone marrow): 1 person, 5.00%
- Non-Hodgkin's Lymphoma (malignant (cancer) cells form in the lymph system): 1 person, 5.00%
- Diabetes: 1 person, 5.00%
- Atrial Fibrillation/flutter (atrial fibrillation and flutter are abnormal heart rhythms in which the atria, or upper chambers of the heart, are out of sync with the ventricles): 1 person, 5.00%
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Mirapex: 8 people, 40.00%
- Paxil: 8 people, 40.00%
- Levaquin: 7 people, 35.00%
- Ativan: 7 people, 35.00%
- Restoril: 6 people, 30.00%
- Tasmar: 6 people, 30.00%
- Cardizem Cd: 6 people, 30.00%
- Ventolin: 6 people, 30.00%
- Claritin: 6 people, 30.00%
- Prevacid: 6 people, 30.00%
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Cough: 6 people, 30.00%
- Duodenitis (inflammation of the duodenum): 6 people, 30.00%
- Hypotension (abnormally low blood pressure): 5 people, 25.00%
- Hepatic Failure (liver failure): 4 people, 20.00%
- Fall: 4 people, 20.00%
- Hallucinations (sensations that appear real but are created by your mind): 4 people, 20.00%
- Renal Failure Acute (rapid kidney dysfunction): 4 people, 20.00%
- Respiratory Failure (Excl Neonatal) (inadequate gas exchange by the respiratory system(excluding neonatal)): 4 people, 20.00%
- High Blood Pressure: 4 people, 20.00%
- Difficulty In Walking: 4 people, 20.00%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you have Senile macular degeneration (smd) while taking Sinemet?
- Check whether a drug or a condition causes Senile macular degeneration (smd)
- Subscribe to monitor Senile macular degeneration (smd) in Sinemet
You are not alone:
- Connect with people like you who take Sinemet and have Senile macular degeneration (smd)
- Use your healthcare experience to help people like you, and be rewarded
Drugs that are associated with Senile macular degeneration (smd)Senile macular degeneration (smd) (1,339 drugs)
Could your condition cause Senile macular degeneration (smd)Senile macular degeneration (smd) (992 conditions)
Sinemet side effects
- Sinemet side effects (17,244 reports)
Browse side effects by gender and age
Browse all side effects of Sinemeta b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Compare Sinemet with similar drugs
- Sinemet vs. Akineton
- Sinemet vs. Amantadine hydrochloride
- Sinemet vs. Amitriptyline hydrochloride
- Sinemet vs. Aricept
- Sinemet vs. Artane
- Sinemet vs. Azilect
- Sinemet vs. Baclofen
- Sinemet vs. Bi-sifrol
- Sinemet vs. Bromocriptine mesylate
- Sinemet vs. Carbidopa
- Sinemet vs. Carbidopa; levodopa; entacapone
- Sinemet vs. Clonazepam
- Sinemet vs. Cogentin
- Sinemet vs. Comtan
- Sinemet vs. Coq10
- Sinemet vs. Cymbalta
- Sinemet vs. Donepezil
- Sinemet vs. Dopamine hydrochloride
- Sinemet vs. Dopar
- Sinemet vs. Eldepryl
- Sinemet vs. Emsam
- Sinemet vs. Entacapone
- Sinemet vs. Lexapro
- Sinemet vs. Lipitor
- Sinemet vs. Mirapex
- Sinemet vs. Mirapex er
- Sinemet vs. Namenda
- Sinemet vs. Neupro
- Sinemet vs. Pramipexole dihydrochloride
- Sinemet vs. Propranolol hydrochloride
- Sinemet vs. Requip
- Sinemet vs. Requip xl
- Sinemet vs. Ropinirole hydrochloride
- Sinemet vs. Selegiline hydrochloride
- Sinemet vs. Stalevo 100
- Sinemet vs. Stalevo 125
- Sinemet vs. Stalevo 150
- Sinemet vs. Stalevo 200
- Sinemet vs. Stalevo 50
- Sinemet vs. Stalevo 75
- Sinemet vs. Symmetrel
- Sinemet vs. Syndopa
- Sinemet vs. Trihexyphenidyl hydrochloride
- Sinemet vs. Vitamin d
- Sinemet vs. Zelapar
- Sinemet vs. Zoloft
What would happen?
FDA reports used in this study
- Want to find out more about the FDA reports used in the study? You can request them from FDA.
Recent general studies
- Will you have Chemotherapy with Propranolol Hydrochloride? - a second ago
- Will you have Cytotoxic Chemotherapy with Propranolol Hydrochloride? - a second ago
- Will you have Shingles with Pulmicort Respules? - a second ago
- Will you have Cancer Drug Therapy with Propranolol Hydrochloride? - a second ago
- Will you have Herpes Zoster with Pulmicort Respules? - a second ago
- Will you have Papilloedema with Lisinopril? - a second ago
- Will you have Cancer Chemotherapy with Propranolol Hydrochloride? - 2 seconds ago
- Will you have Serositis with Macrobid? - 2 seconds ago
- Levetiracetam vs. Ativan - 4 seconds ago
- Will you have Prostatitis - Nonbacterial with Provigil? - 6 seconds ago
Recent personal studies
- A study for a 91 year old woman who takes Furosemide, Norco - 13 minutes ago
- A study for a 77 year old man who takes Amlodipine, Xarelto, Metoprolol Succinate - 41 minutes ago
- A study for a 48 year old woman who takes Levothyroxine Thyroid - 2 hours ago
- A study for a 62 year old woman who takes Losartan, Celexa, Synthroid - 2 hours ago
- A study for a 39 year old woman who takes Klonopin, Wellbutrin Xl - 2 hours ago
- A study for a 16 year old boy who takes Adderall, Pentasa - 3 hours ago
- A study for a 50 year old man who takes Turmeric, Pantoprazole Sodium, Pristiq - 3 hours ago
- A study for a 50 year old man who takes Pantoprazole - 3 hours ago
- A study for a 67 year old woman who takes Clonidine, Coreg, Doxazosin Mesylate - 3 hours ago
- A study for a 75 year old man who takes Flecainide Acetate, Lisinopril - 4 hours ago
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.