Singulair and Candidal infection - a phase IV clinical study of FDA data
Candidal infection is reported only by a few people who take Singulair.
The phase IV clinical study analyzes which people take Singulair and have Candidal infection. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 103,210 people who have side effects while taking Singulair from the FDA, and is updated regularly.
With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe enables everyone to run phase IV clinical trial to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor effectiveness. Our original studies have been referenced on 600+ peer-reviewed medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Most recently, phase IV clinial trails for COVID 19 vaccines have been added, check here.
103,210 people reported to have side effects when taking Singulair.
Among them, 5 people (0.0%) have Candidal infection.
What is Singulair?
Singulair has active ingredients of montelukast sodium. It is often used in asthma. eHealthMe is studying from 107,095 Singulair users for its effectiveness, alternative drugs and more.
What is Candidal infection?
Candidal infection (fungal infection) is found to be associated with 205 drugs and 27 conditions by eHealthMe.
Number of Singulair and Candidal infection reports submitted per year:
Time on Singulair when people have Candidal infection *:
- < 1 month: 33.33 %
- 1 - 6 months: 66.67 %
- 6 - 12 months: 0.0 %
- 1 - 2 years: 0.0 %
- 2 - 5 years: 0.0 %
- 5 - 10 years: 0.0 %
- 10+ years: 0.0 %
Gender of people who have Candidal infection when taking Singulair *:
- female: 60 %
- male: 40 %
Age of people who have Candidal infection when taking Singulair *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 0.0 %
- 30-39: 0.0 %
- 40-49: 25 %
- 50-59: 25 %
- 60+: 50 %
Common drugs people take besides Singulair *:
- Theo-Dur: 3 people, 60.00%
- Atrovent: 2 people, 40.00%
- Rimactane: 2 people, 40.00%
- Prednisolone: 2 people, 40.00%
- Intal: 2 people, 40.00%
- Zyrtec: 1 person, 20.00%
- Cephalexin: 1 person, 20.00%
- Flonase: 1 person, 20.00%
- Digoxin: 1 person, 20.00%
- Combivent: 1 person, 20.00%
Common side effects people have besides Candidal infection *:
- Allergic Granulomatous Angiitis (allergic inflammation of a blood vessel or lymph duct): 2 people, 40.00%
- Gastritis Atrophic (process of chronic inflammation of the stomach mucosa): 2 people, 40.00%
- Blood Lactate Dehydrogenase Increased: 2 people, 40.00%
- Aspergillosis (an infection caused by a fungus called aspergillus): 1 person, 20.00%
- Cholestasis (a condition where bile cannot flow from the liver to the duodenum): 1 person, 20.00%
- Constipation: 1 person, 20.00%
- Cough: 1 person, 20.00%
- Cushingoid (obesity and weakening of the muscles): 1 person, 20.00%
- Dizziness: 1 person, 20.00%
- Eosinophilia (eosinophil count in the peripheral blood exceeds): 1 person, 20.00%
Common conditions people have *:
- Atrial Fibrillation/flutter (atrial fibrillation and flutter are abnormal heart rhythms in which the atria, or upper chambers of the heart, are out of sync with the ventricles): 1 person, 20.00%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you take Singulair and have Candidal infection?Check whether Candidal infection is associated with a drug or a condition
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Related publications that referenced our studies
- Das S, Mondal S, Dey JK, Bandyopadhyay S, Saha I, Tripathi SK, "A case of montelukast induced hypercholesterolemia, severe hypertriglyceridemia and pancreatitis", Journal of Young Pharmacists, 2013 Jun .
Alternative drugs to, pros and cons of Singulair:
- Singulair (107,095 reports)
Candidal infection treatments and more:
- Candidal infection (21 reports)
COVID vaccines that are related to Candidal infection:
- Candidal infection in Moderna COVID Vaccine
- Candidal infection in Pfizer BioNTech Covid Vaccine
- Candidal infection in Johnson and Johnson Covid Vaccine
How severe was Candidal infection and when was it recovered:
Expand to all the drugs that have ingredients of montelukast sodium:
All the drugs that are associated with Candidal infection:
- Candidal infection (205 drugs)
All the conditions that are associated with Candidal infection:
- Candidal infection (27 conditions)
How the study uses the data?
The study uses data from the FDA. It is based on montelukast sodium (the active ingredients of Singulair) and Singulair (the brand name). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered. Dosage of drugs is not considered in the study.
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 600+ peer-reviewed medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.