Will you have Nausea with Singulair - from FDA reports
Nausea is found among people who take Singulair, especially for people who are female, 60+ old , have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Zyrtec, and have Hypersensitivity. This study is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 77,028 people who have side effects when taking Singulair from FDA, and is updated regularly.
eHealthMe is a health data analysis company based in Mountain View, California. eHealthMe monitors and analyzes the outcomes of drugs and supplements that are currently on the market. The results are readily available to health care professionals and consumers.
eHealthMe has released original studies on market drugs and worked with leading universities and institutions such as IBM, London Health Science Centre, Mayo Clinic, Northwestern University and VA. eHealthMe studies have now been referenced in over 500 peer-reviewed medical publications.
How we gather our data?
Healthcare data is obtained from a number of sources including the Food and Drug Administration (FDA). This information is aggregated and used to produce personalized reports that patients can reference.
The information that eHealthMe collects includes:
- Side effects (including severity and how people recover from them)
- Associated conditions or symptoms
- Drug effectiveness
- Demographic data regarding drug use
How the study uses the data?
The study is based on montelukast sodium (the active ingredients of Singulair) and Singulair (the brand name). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered. Synonyms of Nausea are also considered in the study.
What is Singulair?
Singulair has active ingredients of montelukast sodium. It is often used in asthma. (latest outcomes from Singulair 80,352 users)
What is Nausea?
Nausea (feeling of having an urge to vomit) has been reported by people with multiple sclerosis, rheumatoid arthritis, type 2 diabetes, pain, high blood pressure (latest reports from 570,542 Nausea patients).
How to use the study?
Patients can bring a copy of the report to their healthcare provider to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood. It is recommended that patients use the information presented as a part of a broader decision-making process.
77,028 people reported to have side effects when taking Singulair.
Among them, 4,347 people (5.64%) have Nausea
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on Singulair when people have Nausea *:
- < 1 month: 36.25 %
- 1 - 6 months: 24.38 %
- 6 - 12 months: 5.62 %
- 1 - 2 years: 14.38 %
- 2 - 5 years: 12.5 %
- 5 - 10 years: 5.0 %
- 10+ years: 1.88 %
Gender of people who have Nausea when taking Singulair *:
- female: 81.57 %
- male: 18.43 %
Age of people who have Nausea when taking Singulair *:
- 0-1: 0.11 %
- 2-9: 1.98 %
- 10-19: 5.81 %
- 20-29: 6.2 %
- 30-39: 10.88 %
- 40-49: 17.08 %
- 50-59: 22.97 %
- 60+: 34.96 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Hypersensitivity: 336 people, 7.73%
- Pain: 291 people, 6.69%
- High Blood Pressure: 251 people, 5.77%
- Depression: 232 people, 5.34%
- Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (a condition in which stomach contents leak backward from the stomach into the oesophagus): 228 people, 5.24%
- Osteoporosis (bones weak and more likely to break): 217 people, 4.99%
- High Blood Cholesterol: 198 people, 4.55%
- Stress And Anxiety: 188 people, 4.32%
- Rheumatoid Arthritis (a chronic progressive disease causing inflammation in the joints): 166 people, 3.82%
- Narcolepsy (brain's inability to regulate sleep-wake cycles normally): 147 people, 3.38%
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Zyrtec: 521 people, 11.99%
- Albuterol: 465 people, 10.70%
- Xolair: 458 people, 10.54%
- Nexium: 430 people, 9.89%
- Synthroid: 427 people, 9.82%
- Advair Diskus 100/50: 427 people, 9.82%
- Spiriva: 396 people, 9.11%
- Advair Hfa: 393 people, 9.04%
- Symbicort: 382 people, 8.79%
- Lasix: 363 people, 8.35%
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Nausea And Vomiting: 1,352 people, 31.10%
- Fatigue (feeling of tiredness): 1,037 people, 23.86%
- Headache (pain in head): 1,028 people, 23.65%
- Dizziness: 975 people, 22.43%
- Diarrhea: 859 people, 19.76%
- Breathing Difficulty: 756 people, 17.39%
- Pain: 699 people, 16.08%
- Weakness: 633 people, 14.56%
- Malaise (a feeling of general discomfort or uneasiness): 566 people, 13.02%
- Fever: 531 people, 12.22%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you have Nausea while taking Singulair?
You are not alone:
- Connect with people like you who take Singulair and have Nausea
- Use your healthcare experience to help people like you, and be rewarded
Related publications that referenced our studies
- Das S, Mondal S, Dey JK, Bandyopadhyay S, Saha I, Tripathi SK, "A case of montelukast induced hypercholesterolemia, severe hypertriglyceridemia and pancreatitis", Journal of Young Pharmacists, 2013 Jun .
Drugs that are associated with NauseaNausea (4,359 drugs)
Could your condition cause NauseaNausea (5,420 conditions)
Singulair side effects
- Singulair side effects (77,062 reports)
Browse side effects by gender and age
Browse all side effects of Singulaira b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
What would happen?
FDA reports used in this study
- Want to find out more about the FDA reports used in the study? You can request them from FDA.
Recent general studies
- Will you have Candida-Associated Diaper Dermatitis with Cymbalta? - now
- Will you have Pericardial Effusion Malignant with Carboplatin? - a second ago
- Will you have Blood Erythropoietin Decreased with Thrive? - 2 seconds ago
- Will you have Proctalgia with Phenergan? - 3 seconds ago
- Will you have Quinone Poisoning with Advair Diskus 100/50? - 3 seconds ago
- Will you have Faeces Pale with Vimovo? - 6 seconds ago
- Procardia Xl and Senna drug interaction - 7 seconds ago
- Jardiance and Yashtimadhu drug interaction - 7 seconds ago
- Will you have Ear Tag with Flutamide? - 8 seconds ago
- Will you have Neck Mass with Zofran? - 8 seconds ago
Recent personal studies
- A study for a 72 year old man who takes Xarelto, Magnesium - an hour ago
- A study for a 62 year old woman who takes Vitamin D3, Fosinipril, Singulair, Aleve, Magnesium, Glucosamine, Tylenol - 2 hours ago
- A study for a 47 year old woman who takes Propranolol Hydrochloride - 3 hours ago
- Prediction of Lithium Carbonate, Zoloft for a 19 year old girl - 7 hours ago
- A study for a 25 year old woman who takes Fluconazole, Valacyclovir Hydrochloride - 8 hours ago
- Prediction of Ranitidine, Lisinopril for a 55 year old woman - 9 hours ago
- A study for a 70 year old woman who takes Gabapentin - 12 hours ago
- A study for a 49 year old woman who takes Minivelle - 14 hours ago
- A study for a 49 year old woman who takes Lisinopril And Hydrochlorothiazide - 14 hours ago
- A study for a 62 year old man who takes Lithium Carbonate, Adderall Xr 25, Levothyroxine Thyroid, Lexapro - 15 hours ago
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.