Singulair and Nephritis interstitial - from FDA reports
Nephritis interstitial is found among people who take Singulair, especially for people who are female, 60+ old , have been taking the drug for 1 - 2 years, also take medication Claritin, and have Allergic rhinitis. This review analyzes which people have Nephritis interstitial with Singulair. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 66,613 people who have side effects when taking Singulair from FDA , and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Dec, 25, 2017
66,613 people reported to have side effects when taking Singulair.
Among them, 16 people (0.02%) have Nephritis interstitial
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on Singulair when people have Nephritis interstitial *:
- < 1 month: 20 %
- 1 - 6 months: 20 %
- 6 - 12 months: 0.0 %
- 1 - 2 years: 60 %
- 2 - 5 years: 0.0 %
- 5 - 10 years: 0.0 %
- 10+ years: 0.0 %
Gender of people who have Nephritis interstitial when taking Singulair *:
- female: 62.5 %
- male: 37.5 %
Age of people who have Nephritis interstitial when taking Singulair *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 6.25 %
- 20-29: 0.0 %
- 30-39: 6.25 %
- 40-49: 0.0 %
- 50-59: 18.75 %
- 60+: 68.75 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- High Blood Pressure (2 people, 12.50%)
- Gallstones (2 people, 12.50%)
- Allergic Rhinitis (2 people, 12.50%)
- Infection (1 person, 6.25%)
- Back Pain (1 person, 6.25%)
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Urso 250 (3 people, 18.75%)
- Progesterone (3 people, 18.75%)
- Nexium (3 people, 18.75%)
- Intal (3 people, 18.75%)
- Claritin (3 people, 18.75%)
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Allergic Granulomatous Angiitis (3 people, 18.75%)
- Renal Failure Chronic (2 people, 12.50%)
- Renal Failure Acute (2 people, 12.50%)
- Leukocytoclastic Vasculitis (2 people, 12.50%)
- Glomerulonephritis Proliferative (2 people, 12.50%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Subscribe to the study: get notified of updates to the study.
Want to find out more about the FDA reports used in the study? You can request them from FDA.
Do you have Nephritis interstitial when taking Singulair?
- Check symptoms - is nephritis interstitial caused by a drug or a condition?
- Get alerts to symptoms - forecast your symptoms and get alerts
- Report the side effect - help people in need and in real time
- Ask a question - ask a question related to the study
- write a post - share your experience related to the study
- More tools...
Expand the study to include all drugs with the same ingredientsNephritis interstitial and drugs with ingredients of montelukast sodium.
Expand the study to include reports from both FDA and eHealthMeNephritis interstitial and Singulair from FDA and eHealthMe reports
Singulair has active ingredients of montelukast sodium. It is often used in asthma. (latest outcomes from Singulair 69,934 users)
Nephritis interstitial (a kidney condition characterized by swelling in between the kidney tubules) has been reported by people with hiv infection, high blood pressure, depression, pain, kidney transplant (latest reports from 3,589 Nephritis interstitial patients).
Browse all side effects of Singulaira b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Drugs that are associated with Nephritis interstitialNephritis interstitial
Could your condition cause Nephritis interstitialNephritis interstitial
Related publications that referenced our studies
- Das S, Mondal S, Dey JK, Bandyopadhyay S, Saha I, Tripathi SK, "A case of montelukast induced hypercholesterolemia, severe hypertriglyceridemia and pancreatitis", Journal of Young Pharmacists, 2013 Jun .
What would happen?
Questions to the study
My 3.5 years old daughter has been experiecing an involutional comunication problem which started 4 months ago. In the begining, she had allucinations that we believe was related to the montelukast - she had been taken it for at least 2 years. Does anybody in the group have psycotic problems ...
User posts to the study
I started taking Singulair four days ago to help ward off itching from the antibiotic I’m taking, Biaxin. I’ve taken Biaxin several times in the past with no problems. I have developed small pimple-like bumps on my forehead and some mild itching. I’m seeing my doctor tomorrow. After reading ...
My 15 year old son who has excellent oral hygiene continuously develops cavities and complains of constant tooth pain. He started taking Singular one year ago. Has anyone experienced problem with their teeth after starting Singulair?