Slo-phyllin and Speech impairment (adult) - a phase IV clinical study of FDA data
Speech impairment (adult) is reported only by a few people who take Slo-Phyllin.
The phase IV clinical study analyzes which people take Slo-phyllin and have Speech impairment (adult). It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 109 people who have side effects while taking Slo-phyllin from the FDA, and is updated regularly.
Phase IV trials are used to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor drug effectiveness in the real world. With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe is running millions of phase IV trials and makes the results available to the public. Our original studies have been referenced on 600+ medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature.
109 people reported to have side effects when taking Slo-phyllin.
Among them, 2 people (1.83%) have Speech impairment (adult).
What is Slo-phyllin?
Slo-phyllin has active ingredients of theophylline. It is often used in asthma. eHealthMe is studying from 113 Slo-phyllin users for its effectiveness, alternative drugs and more.
What is Speech impairment (adult)?
Speech impairment (adult) (inability to speak (adult)) is found to be associated with 3,424 drugs and 3,286 conditions by eHealthMe.
Number of Slo-phyllin and Speech impairment (adult) reports submitted per year:
Gender of people who have Speech impairment (adult) when taking Slo-phyllin *:
- female: 0.0 %
- male: 100 %
Age of people who have Speech impairment (adult) when taking Slo-phyllin *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 100 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 0.0 %
- 30-39: 0.0 %
- 40-49: 0.0 %
- 50-59: 0.0 %
- 60+: 0.0 %
Common drugs people take besides Slo-phyllin *:
- Prelone: 2 people, 100.00%
- Erythromycin: 2 people, 100.00%
- Alupent: 2 people, 100.00%
Common side effects people have besides Speech impairment (adult) *:
- Swallowing Difficulty: 2 people, 100.00%
- Status Epilepticus (a life-threatening condition in which the brain is in a state of persistent seizure): 2 people, 100.00%
- Pain In Limb: 2 people, 100.00%
- Muscle Twitching: 2 people, 100.00%
- Fever: 2 people, 100.00%
- Encephalitis Herpes (inflammation of the brain due to herpes infection): 2 people, 100.00%
- Drooling (drop saliva uncontrollably from the mouth): 2 people, 100.00%
- Akinetic Mutism (patients tending neither to move): 2 people, 100.00%
- Simple Partial Seizures (seizures which affect only a small region of the brain): 1 person, 50.00%
- Scarlet Fever (a disease caused by a toxin (erythrogenic exotoxin) released by streptococcus pyogenes): 1 person, 50.00%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you take Slo-phyllin and have Speech impairment (adult)?Check whether Speech impairment (adult) is associated with a drug or a condition
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Related publications that referenced our studies
- Korang-Yeboah M, Rahman Z, Shah D, Mohammad A, Wu S, Siddiqui A, Khan MA, "Impact of formulation and process variables on solid-state stability of theophylline in controlled release formulations", International journal of pharmaceutics, 2016 Feb .
- Dhaval MK, "Impact of formulation and process variables on solid-state stability of theophylline in controlled release formulations", International Journal of Pharmaceutics, 2016 Jan .
How severe was Speech impairment (adult) and when was it recovered:
Expand to all the drugs that have ingredients of theophylline:
Alternative drugs to, pros and cons of Slo-phyllin:
- Slo-phyllin (113 reports)
Speech impairment (adult) treatments and more:
- Speech impairment (adult) (74,507 reports)
COVID vaccines that are related to Speech impairment (adult):
- Speech impairment (adult) in Moderna COVID Vaccine
- Speech impairment (adult) in Pfizer BioNTech Covid Vaccine
- Speech impairment (adult) in Johnson and Johnson Covid Vaccine
Common drugs associated with Speech impairment (adult):
All the drugs that are associated with Speech impairment (adult):
- Speech impairment (adult) (3,424 drugs)
Common conditions associated with Speech impairment (adult):
All the conditions that are associated with Speech impairment (adult):
- Speech impairment (adult) (3,286 conditions)
How the study uses the data?
The study uses data from the FDA. It is based on theophylline (the active ingredients of Slo-phyllin) and Slo-phyllin (the brand name). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered. Dosage of drugs is not considered in the study.
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 600+ medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Emphysema and Stress And Anxiety - 4 seconds ago
- Zantac and Pentamidine Isethionate drug interaction - 8 seconds ago
- Invega and Epstein-Barr Virus Infection - 18 seconds ago
- Singulair and Cinnamon drug interaction - 26 seconds ago
- Megace and Effexor drug interaction - 47 seconds ago
- Cerebral Ischaemia and Gastric Ulcer - 49 seconds ago
- Venlafaxine Hydrochloride and Victrelis drug interaction - 52 seconds ago
- Tylenol and Hypothermia - 58 seconds ago
- Norgesic and Gastritis - a minute ago
- Perindopril Erbumine and Gemcitabine Hydrochloride drug interaction - a minute ago