Sodium bicarbonate and Erection problems - a phase IV clinical study of FDA data
We study 25,042 people who have side effects when taking Sodium bicarbonate. Erection problems is found, especially among people who are 60+ old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take Allopurinol and have High blood pressure.
The phase IV clinical study analyzes which people take Sodium bicarbonate and have Erection problems. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports from the FDA, and is updated regularly. You may use the study as a second opinion to make health care decisions.
Phase IV trials are used to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor drug effectiveness in the real world. With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe is running millions of phase IV trials and makes the results available to the public. Our original studies have been referenced on 700+ medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature.
25,042 people reported to have side effects when taking Sodium bicarbonate.
Among them, 17 people (0.07%) have Erection problems.
What is Sodium bicarbonate?
Sodium bicarbonate has active ingredients of sodium bicarbonate. It is used in gastroesophageal reflux disease. Currently, eHealthMe is studying from 25,205 Sodium bicarbonate users.
What is Erection problems?
Erection problems is found to be associated with 2,377 drugs and 2,000 conditions by eHealthMe. Currently, we are studying 77,815 people who have Erection problems.
Number of Sodium bicarbonate and Erection problems reports submitted per year:
Time on Sodium bicarbonate when people have Erection problems *:
- < 1 month: 100 %
- 1 - 6 months: 0.0 %
- 6 - 12 months: 0.0 %
- 1 - 2 years: 0.0 %
- 2 - 5 years: 0.0 %
- 5 - 10 years: 0.0 %
- 10+ years: 0.0 %
Age of people who have Erection problems when taking Sodium bicarbonate *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 0.0 %
- 30-39: 10 %
- 40-49: 10 %
- 50-59: 40 %
- 60+: 40 %
Common drugs people take besides Sodium bicarbonate *:
- Allopurinol: 7 people, 41.18%
- Prednisone: 6 people, 35.29%
- Prograf: 5 people, 29.41%
- Lantus: 4 people, 23.53%
- Aspirin: 4 people, 23.53%
- Cellcept: 4 people, 23.53%
- Omeprazole: 4 people, 23.53%
- Renagel: 4 people, 23.53%
- Lisinopril: 4 people, 23.53%
- Humalog: 4 people, 23.53%
Common side effects people have besides Erection problems *:
- Fatigue (feeling of tiredness): 7 people, 41.18%
- Anaemia (lack of blood): 5 people, 29.41%
- Insomnia (sleeplessness): 5 people, 29.41%
- Pain: 5 people, 29.41%
- Osteoarthritis (a joint disease caused by cartilage loss in a joint): 5 people, 29.41%
- Renal Impairment (severely reduced kidney function): 5 people, 29.41%
- Drug Ineffective: 4 people, 23.53%
- Chest Pain: 4 people, 23.53%
- Joint Pain: 4 people, 23.53%
- Gout (uric acid crystals building up in the body): 4 people, 23.53%
Common conditions people have *:
- Thyroid Cancer: 3 people, 17.65%
- Renal Failure Chronic (long lasting kidney dysfunction): 3 people, 17.65%
- Acromegaly (body produces too much growth hormone, leading to excess growth of body tissues): 3 people, 17.65%
- Pain: 3 people, 17.65%
- Blood Uric Acid Abnormal: 3 people, 17.65%
- Bone Disorder: 3 people, 17.65%
- Diabetes: 3 people, 17.65%
- High Blood Pressure: 3 people, 17.65%
- Anaemia (lack of blood): 2 people, 11.76%
- Hyperparathyroidism Secondary (an abnormally high concentration of parathyroid hormone in the blood, resulting in weakening of the bones through loss of calcium-secondary): 2 people, 11.76%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you take Sodium bicarbonate and have Erection problems?Check whether Erection problems is associated with a drug or a condition
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Sodium bicarbonate side effects by duration, gender and age:
- Sodium bicarbonate side effects (25,205 reports)
Erection problems treatments and more:
- Erection problems (77,815 reports)
Common drugs associated with Erection problems:
- Propecia: 4,114 reports
- Viagra: 2,776 reports
- Finasteride: 2,222 reports
- Levitra: 2,129 reports
- Aspirin: 1,512 reports
- Risperdal: 1,424 reports
- Abilify: 1,306 reports
- Lipitor: 1,277 reports
- Zyprexa: 1,251 reports
- Lisinopril: 983 reports
All the drugs that are associated with Erection problems:
- Erection problems (2,377 drugs)
Common conditions associated with Erection problems:
All the conditions that are associated with Erection problems:
- Erection problems (2,000 conditions)
How the study uses the data?
The study uses data from the FDA. It is based on sodium bicarbonate (the active ingredients of Sodium bicarbonate) and Sodium bicarbonate (the brand name). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered. Dosage of drugs is not considered in the study.
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 700+ medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Glyburide and Topicort drug interaction - now
- Trimox and Etodolac drug interaction - 3 seconds ago
- Revlimid and Hypothermia - 12 seconds ago
- Fluticasone Propionate and Pco2 Increased - 13 seconds ago
- Zide and Colitis - 20 seconds ago
- Codeine and Dry Mouth - 20 seconds ago
- Humulin 70/30 and Poor Quality Sleep - 22 seconds ago
- Amlodipine and Electrocardiogram U Wave Present - 23 seconds ago
- Rythmol and Heart Rate Increased - 34 seconds ago
- Methotrexate and Ofirmev drug interaction - 35 seconds ago